Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#910509 - 02/26/08 05:37 PM Night deposit policy and roceedures
Suzette Offline
Suzette
Land of Enchantment
I am doing a bankwide audit and need help with some proceedures for the night drop, if anybody has one I would appreciate you sharing it with me. Thanks

Return to Top
Audit
#910626 - 02/26/08 07:07 PM Re: Night deposit policy and roceedures Suzette
KYWoman Offline
Kentucky
We have 2 people verify all night deposits. They initial for the cash. They have a log sheet to list all deposits (who, what and amount). They initial the log sheet in the Verified By column and then whoever actually works the deposit initials the Ran By column. Our disclosures state that this is our procedure, so that if a deposit is short or over, they can say that the deposit was verified by two people.

Return to Top
#911951 - 02/28/08 03:26 AM Re: Night deposit policy and roceedures KYWoman
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
We have dual control and dual presence when the night vault is opened and bags/envelopes removed, but have single accountability for the processing of each bag/envelope. We record names only, and if picking up the bag/contents requires a signature, the client signs a separate slip, not the night deposit log. We require annual review of all night/day drop agreements. We used to require dual processing of each deposit, but found the risk in single accountability was minimal compared to the time taken to process the deposits using 2 people.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z