Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#922224 - 03/13/08 06:17 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... Sound Tactic
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Nice backpeddaling. Come on, you must admit that was a good debating trap you walked into

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#922272 - 03/13/08 06:36 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... straw
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: straw
Nice backpeddaling. Come on, you must admit that was a good debating trap you walked into

Sorry I think you set the wrong trap. I never did say anything outside of her statement standing for itself. Perhaps that trap was set by me. Im not the one who looks like Ive been misquoting (or misunderstanding) everything written.

Return to Top
#922279 - 03/13/08 06:39 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... Sound Tactic
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Yup, "more of a centrist" stands for itself.

Return to Top
#922283 - 03/13/08 06:42 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... Pale Rider
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: vh

Sorry Yoss. Every quote, speach, memoir anything has context. In regards to the fifth question, sure it was about a question with abortion.... but her statement stands for itself. In fact, I honestly think how she worded it was a freudian slip. She seems to honestly believe that the free market has caused society to fail.

This is my original post about the issue. This has little to do with her visions of direction or intent or opinion of what a Euro model will do.

trap

Children, pregnant teens, children who abortion, youngsters in general... all came up in her rambling reply.

who trapped who

I translate your opinion in some sort of self awarded medal for something you knew you werent going to win. I hope this helps you feel better at night, god knows you probably have much mroe to make up for.

Return to Top
#922306 - 03/13/08 06:48 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... straw
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

rest of my quotes:

Sure seems that way to me! Why not blame the free market for all of societys problems if you believe that. Communist Russia never had teen pregnency. Her quote was just as it was, taken in context it still sounds like she has lost faith in the free market. Do I really think that? Im not sure. I know she wants to get votes from those whoe believe it.

Well what was she talking about then? Some mysterious free market place? Come on. She was talking about the free economic market. Those who think it fails often point to societies problems.

My quotes are pretty strait forward. Never did I accuse them of what you claim I accused them of. However...

Exactly. I don't think either Hillary or Bill have a solid belief between the two of them.

ooh and you accuse me of making an accusation about their belief system check and mate.

Return to Top
#922315 - 03/13/08 06:52 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... Sound Tactic
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
You think she honestly believes that the free market has caused society to fail, then later opine she is more of a centrist.

I think, like Hillary, your words speak for themselves and your words reveal confusion on this issue.

Would you like to clarify what you really meant by these two statements?

Return to Top
#922325 - 03/13/08 07:00 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... Sound Tactic
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Visionary Harry

rest of my quotes:

Sure seems that way to me! Why not blame the free market for all of societys problems if you believe that. Communist Russia never had teen pregnency. Her quote was just as it was, taken in context it still sounds like she has lost faith in the free market. Do I really think that? Im not sure. I know she wants to get votes from those whoe believe it.

Well what was she talking about then? Some mysterious free market place? Come on. She was talking about the free economic market. Those who think it fails often point to societies problems.

My quotes are pretty strait forward. Never did I accuse them of what you claim I accused them of. However...

Exactly. I don't think either Hillary or Bill have a solid belief between the two of them.

ooh and you accuse me of making an accusation about their belief system check and mate.

No no, I am making an accusation that your attitude about Hillary is not changed one iota by this nonsense.

Return to Top
#922327 - 03/13/08 07:03 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... straw
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Quote:
No no, I am making an accusation that your attitude about Hillary is not changed one iota by this nonsense.

by the nonesense in your posts or the nonsense about views?

when did I say that my attitude changed?

lots of accusations, little substance!

Return to Top
#922460 - 03/13/08 08:29 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... Sound Tactic
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Nonsense of this article.

Words speak for themselves - Hillary believe free market has failed but she is more of a centrist.

As for little substance, I would say much like the little propoganda piece that started this whole thread, which you have so easily succumbed to.

Return to Top
#922485 - 03/13/08 08:49 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... straw
Mint Julep Offline
Diamond Poster
Mint Julep
Tennessee
That any of you believe anything that comes out of the mouths of politicians amuses me. I would think you all would be smarter than that.

Politicians don't believe in anything but themselves. They will say anything to get into office.

Return to Top
#922522 - 03/13/08 09:19 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... straw
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Nonsense of this article.

Words speak for themselves - Hillary believe free market has failed but she is more of a centrist.

As for little substance, I would say much like the little propoganda piece that started this whole thread, which you have so easily succumbed to.

How could I have succumbed to anything if my position never changed? Looks like you walked into your own trap.

Return to Top
#922577 - 03/13/08 09:52 PM Re: Political History Quiz....sort of..... Sound Tactic
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
You always believed Hillary is a centrist who believes in a European model?

Return to Top
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6