Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#922490 - 03/13/08 08:54 PM Re: Will Obama's Spiritual Advisor lose the race? Imagine
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: NeophytePolitico
I, personally, don't feel Obama should leave his Church. He has stated he disgarees with his pastor's opinions and that is good enough for me. Whether he leaves the Church is up to him.

If the rest of the country is more comfortable voting for John McCain and his anti-Catholic support, who am I to stop them?

Now that's short sighted, Neo, but expected from you. Just think about the audacity of BO for allowing this situation to have to be sorted out by the people that want to vote for him. Only a few nutjobs within your circle of friends normally does in anyone in politics on either side.

Actually, it's not about the relationship, it's about the reason behind why he has elected to have it be 'in the face' of the people that want to vote for him. It's more than passingly strange and totally unnecessary, unless there is more of a connection to the views of the preacher then we know about.

None of us can really get to know Obama the man, all we can do is listen to him, look at his relationships at all levels and try to sort it out. Luckily, McCain is around and in the final we will not have to worry about Obama as he will be toast prior to that event or as that event takes place. Way too much baggage.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#922507 - 03/13/08 09:10 PM Re: Will Obama's Spiritual Advisor lose the race? Imagine
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
If the rest of the country is more comfortable voting for John McCain and his anti-Catholic support, who am I to stop them?

Yup, that's what this looks like:
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/4e3a4cc1-466c-4d4b-b0b3-ea54d673228a.htm

http://www.johnmccain.com/downloads/catholics_feb5.pdf

Return to Top
#922525 - 03/13/08 09:21 PM Re: Will Obama's Spiritual Advisor lose the race? QCL
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Are the quotes that X posted accurate?

If so, I'm tempted to buy BO's books but I'm also afraid of what else there is inside.

Return to Top
#922527 - 03/13/08 09:23 PM Re: Will Obama's Spiritual Advisor lose the race? QCL
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: MOPNB

Yup, that's what this looks like:
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/4e3a4cc1-466c-4d4b-b0b3-ea54d673228a.htm

http://www.johnmccain.com/downloads/catholics_feb5.pdf

I'm more of the, "what have you done for me lately" ilk and accepting the nomination of one who calls my religion the Anti-Christ is not conducive to me voting for you.

Return to Top
#922530 - 03/13/08 09:26 PM Re: Will Obama's Spiritual Advisor lose the race? Imagine
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Although, it is pretty cool to say I know 2 of the people on the Student leadership committee for Catholic's for McCain.

Return to Top
#922580 - 03/13/08 09:53 PM Re: Will Obama's Spiritual Advisor lose the race? Imagine
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I am waiting for Obama to publically apologize for Ron Mexico.

Return to Top
#922612 - 03/13/08 10:15 PM Re: Will Obama's Spiritual Advisor lose the race? Imagine
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Again, I ask, what is the connection between McCain & Hagee? Is Hagee the senior pastor at MCCAIN'S CHURCH? Does Hagee hold a position in MCAINS CAMPAIGN? I didn't think so.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2