Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#924401 - 03/17/08 08:29 PM Inc. Account Name Change
dollars & sense Offline
Gold Star
Can an owner of an Incorporated business request to add or remove an account signer without the signer signing a add or removal request?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#924425 - 03/17/08 08:46 PM Re: Inc. Account Name Change dollars & sense
Anonymous
Unregistered

If they are authorized by their operating agreement to do so.

Return to Top
#924446 - 03/17/08 09:03 PM Re: Inc. Account Name Change
KC Danimal Offline
Platinum Poster
KC Danimal
Kansas City
In my experience a corporation is ruled by it's Board of Directors and the Board can make any changes it's operating agreement or by-laws authorizes it to make. I've had situations in the past where a corporate treasurer left a company and the Board appointed someone new to take his/her place. In this case, you'll never see the old treasurer to have the opportunity to get their permission (I'm not sure it is relevant anyway), but as long as you have all the necessary documentation on the Board's actions you should be fine.

Return to Top
#924510 - 03/17/08 10:01 PM Re: Inc. Account Name Change KC Danimal
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
It's important to note that the "owner" of the corporation doesn't have the clout to make these changes. It's the board of directors who controls the corporation. In many small corporations, the owners are the board members, too, but you need a corporate resolution that identifies the new signer(s), and you most assuredly do NOT need agreement from the party being eliminated.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett