Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#925224 - 03/18/08 07:22 PM Abundance of Caution
Norrie Offline
FEMA's Mandatory Purchase of Flood Insurance Guidelines (September 2007) states, "The mandatory purchase provisions apply even on those loans where real estate is secured
out of “an abundance of caution.” I am receiving pushback from management on this issue. They want to know FEMA's definition of "an abundance of caution" and compare it with their definition. Please advise.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#925243 - 03/18/08 07:30 PM Re: Abundance of Caution Norrie
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Abundance of Caution gets you NO WHERE, except for that if you can prove it really IS ABC, you do not have to comply with appraisal standards requirements.

so, if it is a disclosable (consumer purpose) loan, you do your normal disclosures. In addition, regardless of purpose FEMA requirments will ALWAYS apply...

The best definition of ABC and it's true qualifications will be found in your call report guidelines.
Last edited by RR joker; 03/18/08 07:30 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#925263 - 03/18/08 07:42 PM Re: Abundance of Caution RR Joker
Norrie Offline
Thank you, RR joker.

Return to Top
#925334 - 03/18/08 08:21 PM Re: Abundance of Caution Norrie
Mint Julep Offline
Diamond Poster
Mint Julep
Tennessee
As I have noted before ...

They pay you to know this stuff and when you tell them something they don't want to hear, they question what you know.

Start questioning their credit decisions. When they object, ask them how it feels to be questioned about their expertise.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z