Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#925176 - 03/18/08 06:53 PM FFIEC's free CRA Data Entry Software- Import how?
agg Offline
New Poster
Our Operations dept. uses FileMaker Pro that can export CRA data into Excel. But, I would like to use the FFIEC's free database for checking validities and errors before we send our excel file to our Compliance dept.

Does anyone know how can I convert an excel file to an ASCII format with the file specifications stated in the manner to import into the FFIEC free CRA Data Entry Software?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/help/ideas.

Return to Top
CRA
#925232 - 03/18/08 07:26 PM Re: FFIEC's free CRA Data Entry Software- Import how? agg
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
I believe if you save the file as a comma delimited text file with the correct field headings (matching the FFIEC file specs) you should be able to import the file into the software. Have you tried that approach?

Return to Top
#925396 - 03/18/08 08:54 PM Re: FFIEC's free CRA Data Entry Software- Import how? Len S
agg Offline
New Poster
Thank you for your suggestion.
Unfortunately, it couldn't import. I'm not sure if I matched the field headings correctly with the "Element Label". Also, I don't know how to incorporate the file specs of the "Start", "End", "Length", "Data Type" and "Comments, Values etc" in the text file.

Return to Top
#925457 - 03/18/08 09:39 PM Re: FFIEC's free CRA Data Entry Software- Import how? agg
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
Your comments remind me that the field lengths are fixed width, so you will need to save the file as text with the appropriate field heading and the correct field width as per the file specs. That may require you to import into Access and then set up the field specs. Try that. If you don't succeed pm me tomorrow and I can see if I can help.

Return to Top
#925477 - 03/18/08 09:54 PM Re: FFIEC's free CRA Data Entry Software- Import how? Len S
agg Offline
New Poster
Thank you kindly.
I will try just that. I think we have an Access expert person on our floor, but I believe he is on vacation this week.
Thanks again for the idea using Access.

Return to Top
#926302 - 03/19/08 08:20 PM Re: FFIEC's free CRA Data Entry Software- Import how? agg
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
The Import from External File option may be used to import data from in-house or other computer systems for purposes of editing, creating reports and/or data submission.

Create an ASCII file that meets the specified file specifications and record format to import individual loan data. If you fail to follow these specifications, the outcome will result in an unsuccessful import.

Follow the steps listed below in order to complete the import process.

STEP 1

Click on Import from the CRA Front Page. To select, click when the "box" appears around the Import option on the CRA Front Page. Once selected, the Import window will appear. Choose the Import from External File window.

STEP 2

Verify that the Current Submission information listed is the submission you want to import data into. The default import file name defined in the CRA Configuration Options will be displayed in the target file field, indicating the drive and target file name. You may use the default file name, type in your own file name, or press the Browse button to search for a directory.

STEP 3

After making any desired changes to these import criteria, click to start the import process.

STEP 4

Once begin is selected, the import process will start. A window will appear showing the status of the import. The import can be terminated at anytime by clicking at the bottom of the screen.

If you are importing data into a submission that already exists, a backup of that submission will be made. This backup is to capture the submission prior to importing in the unlikely event there is a hardware or software problem during the import. (To restore this backup file see the Backup Maintenance option.)

STEP 5

A message box will appear informing you of a successful completion or that the file did not meet the file specifications and the system attempted to correct the file.

The system will try to correct some deficiencies related to length of file, inappropriate characters (high, null or low values, etc.). However, no details as to what was corrected will be provided. Therefore, when the message regarding a fixed file appears, it is imperative that the number of records imported match what was expected from the file.

Click to return to the CRA Front Page. The submission imported will be the active submission.

NOTE: The status code reverts back to Incomplete for recently imported loan records.

This will not be easy for you to do unless you know something about the data required. You must be sure that EVERY FIELD meets the File Specifications as noted in the "HELP" file you find in the CRA Data Entry Software.

I developed a program that converts data to a CRA.dat file which is the format that eaisly imports your data to the CRA Software. Contact Kathleen Blanchard at Key Compliance Services and see if she would be interested in doing this for you.
Last edited by Kathleen B; 08/12/19 10:20 PM.

Return to Top