BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Thread Options
#93071 - 08/15/03 05:44 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
yeah we could do groups of chapters... i leave this to hermione's choice though... she's super busy!
though i will be taking a two week vacation away from here starting sept 1... don't know how i'll do it!!!! but i'm getting married and going to disney land!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#93072 - 08/16/03 11:57 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Well we could do book one (its not that long anyways) by the end of september going in groups of chapters each week?
I've always wanted to start a book club and this is close to it. Let me know.

Return to Top
#93073 - 08/18/03 01:07 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Sounds fine with me Hermione. I was in a reading group at one time, but that has been ages.

Skye, what is the big date?

Return to Top
#93074 - 08/18/03 04:57 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
Sept 6... only 2 weeks and 5 days... i am sooo ready to be done with all the planning!
before we start on the books in order i have to throw this out there... i ought to bring the book in and copy this word by word but i'll give an idea... my analysis book finished up by presenting this theory: that lupin is really james potter. that right before the attcak at the potters house james and lupin did a switching spell (perhaps lily who was good at charms work, or jame's wand- good at transfiguration did the deed) and switched bodies.. then when james (lupin) was killed, lupin (james really) was stuck in lupin's body. they have all kinds of "proof" for this... the wands, that when harry tells lupin that he hears his mom's voice when the dementors come round and lupins reaction to that. to the statement "now that we all could transfigure" if he was lupin wouldn't he say now that THEY could all transfigue since as a werewolf he doesn't really technically tansfigure in a spell kind of a way. there are lots of other proof.. i can get them to you guys if you want... but what do you think about this as a possibilty?????

Return to Top
#93075 - 08/18/03 05:17 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
What impact would that have on his being a werewolf? Would that transfer over as well?

And, wouldn't it be known to many others? Although trapped in someone else's physical body, wouldn't there be remnants of the individual that would obviously show through? (For instance, the patronis conjured, the abilities for potion making, charms, transfiguration, etc.)

Return to Top
#93076 - 08/18/03 06:56 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Very interesting. I for one would like to see the analysis of that theory. If he is James, wouldn't it be hard to stay away from Harry?

Return to Top
#93077 - 08/18/03 08:43 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i'll get the book and put in on here as they have written it... their theory is that when he took over lupins body that he bcame a werewolf as lupin was...
they also point out that lupin's reaction to wanting to reach out and hold harry's shoulder when he was talking about the dementors is a sign that it is james but he knows that he has to hold back...

Return to Top
#93078 - 08/18/03 08:49 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
So, what shall we read this week?

Return to Top
#93079 - 08/21/03 02:20 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
They haven't decided yet if the original kids will return for GOF. Oh, what could this do to the quality? What would the fans say? They have at least stated that the movie will be for the complete book rather than dividing it into two movies because of the length and content.

Return to Top
#93080 - 08/21/03 02:32 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
OK, I've got to jump in here on this note. It was bad enough when Richard Harris died and they had to replace him. If they replace all the kids, the movie series will lose all the continuity that makes the books so great. I can't imagine any other Harry, Ron or Hermione!

Return to Top
#93081 - 08/21/03 03:25 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
I read that GoF will be as long as SS and CoS, not any longer. How can they possibly fit it all in? At least I still have a great imagination and the books to count on.

Return to Top
#93082 - 08/21/03 04:46 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
They will be cutting out even more as they go, much like the third movie is cutting out Cho and most likely all new Quidditch scenes (considering that Sean is not in the 3rd movie).

Looks like the Quidditch World Cup isn't going to see the big screen.

Return to Top
#93083 - 08/21/03 05:00 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i wondered about this since each book gets more detailed, more in depth and each little thing can link to something very important... so i wonder how this will work... but if they replace the kids the movies will cease to be the kind of magic they are now... but you're right and it's true the book is always better than the movie!

Return to Top
#93084 - 08/26/03 07:41 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
sorry i've been soooooo swamped this week! trying to get ready for my vaction next week and my wedding... i'll be back on sept 15... can we start book by book then? like SS first 5 chapters or something?

Return to Top
#93085 - 08/26/03 08:05 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I can try to start with SS chapters 1-5 the week of the 15th, but can make no promises as my brother will be in visiting at that time. If I am unable to read, I still will be able to discuss.

No worries.

Return to Top
#93086 - 08/26/03 09:27 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Whew , glad I finally checked in to see what was going on. That will work for me. Have a great time Skye and congratulations!

Return to Top
#93087 - 08/27/03 12:31 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
Thanks... i think it's a plan! see you guys then!

Return to Top
#93088 - 09/15/03 07:11 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Time to resurrect this puppy!
My sister just finished reading GoF. She's been reading it for a couple of months, off again, on again, etc. Anywhoo, right after she quickly dug into OotP. I told her she was lucky she didn't have to wait like I had. The funny thing was, she would ask me a question, and I could tell her which book, around which chapter, the incident took place. She was both impressed and terrified by my HP obsession.
Now, I have to find out what my daughter did with my SS. Oh where, or where can it be....

Return to Top
#93089 - 09/16/03 05:10 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i'm back!!!!!!!!!! i'm glad to get started on our long term in depth look at the books one by one ... but as i was reading over my honeymoon... (PoA) i began to give this whole theory about lupin actaully being james potter some thought... i still need to post the info about the theory... maybe when i get home tonight... but in reading the words that JK uses when talking about the interaction between harry and lupin, there could be some creedence to it... especally when harry sets the pantronus on malfoy... lupin was both pleased and disturbed... perhaps at seeing himself in stag form. just an interesting thought for when we begin to get into the third book and beyond

Return to Top
#93090 - 09/16/03 05:16 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Very, very interesting. I just might have to read PoA next instead of SS. I am really interested in that theory. I'm going to have to buy a new notebook for all my notes!

Return to Top
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13