BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Thread Options
#92871 - 07/11/03 07:55 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
at this point the kids are almost irreplaceable... they have "become" the gang. i just saw a photo online of the new dumbledore and i admit he looks similar but the voice is going to be really hard to match.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#92872 - 07/14/03 05:21 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
What, if anything, do you think will happen with Dolores Umbridge in the next book?

Return to Top
#92873 - 07/14/03 05:38 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
well you know i've been rereading goblet and she in a way reminds me of Mr. Crouch, in her almost mania about the rules... i think that since she's been made such a fool, like fudge that she may get a little crazy to right herself or maybe blame harry for the whole thing and get a little revenge happy (which would make her a nice tool for lord V)... or maybe she'll just live down the hall from gilderoy at st mungo's i have the same question about fudge... i mean that man HATES to be wrong and to look foolish (though he looks that way most of the time). and now that after a year of swearing the dumbledore was lying, he has to backtrack.

Return to Top
#92874 - 07/14/03 06:11 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
I think she will become Fudge's scapegoat. She did after all send the dementors to Little Whinging without Fudge's consent. This will probably be the spring board for his accusations against her. He could say that he took the advide of an once trusted Ministry Official, without knowing how corrupt she was. Although, this too, would make Fudge look incompetent.
Either way, he'll come off this way.
Do you se Mr. Weasley advancing in the soon to be changing Ministry of Magic Organizational Chart? (And Percy eating crow?)

Return to Top
#92875 - 07/14/03 06:42 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i would LOVE to see mr weasley gain a nice prominant position... not only percy eating crow but maybe malfoy (all of them) too. oh just reminded me, in the goblet (i was reading at lunch today), when fred and george were sending the blackmail owl to bagman, and hermione was saying ron should tell percy, ron said he'd proably pull a a crouch... hermione tells him that he(percy) wouldn't throw his family to the dementors and ron says "i don't know, if he thought we were standing in the way of his career...percy's really ambitious.. you know" hmmmmmm... makes you wonder

Return to Top
#92876 - 07/14/03 08:45 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Yes, I wonder how the imprisonment of his father is going to alter Draco's attitude.
Remember when Harry first met Firenze in SS, and he said that death was written in the stars? Is it a co-inky dink that Sirius is the dog star? ( I should have known who was going to die )
I really hope Lupin plays a much larger role in Book 6. He is one of my favorite characters. (Then again, I have alot of favorite characters).

Return to Top
#92877 - 07/15/03 01:12 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i hope the whole order will get to be more developed, i loved how they all interacted with each other... i like tonks but i wonder what will happen with the ministry... how many lord V supporters are hiding out in there and what they will do with their knowledge and connections... i fear for percy in a way...i wonder if the order will be outed

Return to Top
#92878 - 07/15/03 02:48 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

not only percy eating crow but maybe malfoy (all of them) too.

Are we talking about the Malfoys eating crow, or Percy eating the Malfoys? jj

Seriously, I do hope that Arthur gets a good promotion, or at least a window and a larger office (I think he actually likes his job), for his help in the whole ministry situation.

I hope that Umbridge gets hers for her treachery. She admitted what she did and seems to have been acting of her own accord. Maybe she will go to Azkaban after she leaves Mungos. Of course although Lucius was sent to Azkaban, there is little chance of him actually remaining there. I mean the dementors keeping death eaters in the prison is a bit of a long shot considering all things past. Will be nice though, that now it is obvious to everyone that he is involved with Voldemort. Poor little Draco will have to try to defend the family name.

Return to Top
#92879 - 07/15/03 03:27 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
well lets hope it doesn't come down to canabilism . i am curious if draco and crabbe and goyle will even be able to return to hogwarts? i agree that now that the dementors have done wat lord V said they would (side with him)i have no idea how azkaban will keep the death eaters in... but it is great that now the truth comes out about the people that said they were cursed and had no control over what they did before... still finishing up goblet again and got to the part where lord V is basically doing role call and he refers to snape as the one who has left him for forever... i wonder what happened with that? why did snape go to the "dark side" and come back again...

Return to Top
#92880 - 07/15/03 03:50 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I think that the boys will be allowed to go back to hogwarts. Dumbledore most likely will not keep them out of the school. For Lucius to not allow him to return would proclaim that he was in fact guilty of supporting Voldemort. Currently, he could claim that he was framed or that he was acting under the imperious curse. Of course not true, but I doubt that Voldemort would object to his saying so in order to keep Draco in the position of being readily able to provide them with information.

I will have to re-read GOF again. I can't remember exactly what was said about the missing death eaters. For now, I am unsure about which was referring to Snape.

Return to Top
#92881 - 07/15/03 04:32 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Hah Hah. Oops for the grammatical faux-pas.
I think that the boys will continue to attend Hogwarts. Although they seem to be spitting images of their fathers, they can still turn themselves around. (Not likely, but there is a chance. )
I will have to read GOF again as well. Heck, I am going to re-read the entire series again. (Patricia Cromwell (sp?) will have to wait.)
I am taking notes this time around.
Have you read this article yet? (I thought I was crazed! So, how do I enroll? )
Kids rush to Potter-style lessons
Potter fans in the States are going back to school in their summer holidays to learn like Harry.
The Urban Academy of Arcane Knowledge is set up just like Hogwarts.

Which Hogwarts' house would YOU want to be in? Vote now!
Pupils even get to have lessons in Potions, Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures.

Invitation

Kids were so keen to attend the Potter-style classes that both summer courses filled up on the very first day at the school in Wisconsin, USA.

Students get sent an invitation to attend the school, just like the letter Harry receives asking him to go to Hogwarts.

The school also:

Sorts children into four houses on their first day using a special hat
Rewards kids by giving them 'points' for their house
Gives kids a secret password to enter the classrooms
Teaches them a Quidditch-style game - a mix of baseball, basketball and paper planes

The school is lead by a former teacher in Wisconsin, Kristin Urban, who's a huge Harry Potter fan.

She even gets the kids to study ideas and issues raised in the boy wizard books.

"The kids are fascinated with the idea of magic," she said.

Return to Top
#92882 - 07/15/03 04:58 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I saw the article. Already filled to capacity. Anyway, I think I am too old and, as of now, my daughter is too young.

I have read through the first four books several times each, and each time I find yet more things to think about.

Return to Top
#92883 - 07/15/03 06:51 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i picked up azkaban again after i finished order just for the fun of it and i kinda feel like i should have been taking notes too. the part with the death eaters: lord v is talking about the missing death eaters (the ones dead/ in azkaban) and then the one who betrayed them and ran from the mark (karkaroff) and the one who left them for good (i'm guessing snape) and the one still in his service at hogwarts(barty crouch).
p.s. i'd love to go to hogwarts style school... i think from an education standpoint it may have lots of positives for its style... rather than tradtional old american school!

Return to Top
#92884 - 07/15/03 07:01 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Boarding schools can be fun. You really get a chance to get to know your classmates and instructors.

Just something that has been going through my mind, I wonder how angry Filch will be about having Firenze in the castle. I would guess that a centaur would cause a bit of extra cleaning for the old squib.

Return to Top
#92885 - 07/15/03 07:13 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
filch is going to just implode because he lost the chance to beat the kids cause umbridge is gone

Return to Top
#92886 - 07/15/03 07:50 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Do you see Ginny and Lily as comparable characters? I mean both are strong willed women, with red hair.
Harry looks just like his father, and Ginny seems to look like Lily. (I still think they are a good couple.)

And things are just going downhill for Filch.

Return to Top
#92887 - 07/15/03 07:52 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
How do we know that Ginny looks like Lily? Which book, They're all a blur.

Return to Top
#92888 - 07/15/03 08:03 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Well, in OOTP, Lily is described as having red hair. And I believe Ginny has green eyes. (Not quite sure if this is mentioned in SS or COS)

Return to Top
#92889 - 07/15/03 08:12 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I guess I could live with Harry and Ginny ending up together. At least it wouldn't be like Harry and Luna.

Return to Top
#92890 - 07/15/03 08:49 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi

If you had a chance to look into the mirror of Erised, would you? Do you know what you would see?

Return to Top
#92891 - 07/15/03 09:02 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
I wouldn't. I do my best to not desire things. I will work hard and am very goal oriented, but I do not long for anything. (I do not desire wealth and I have love)

Return to Top
#92892 - 07/16/03 12:36 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

If you had a chance to look into the mirror of Erised, would you? Do you know what you would see?

Interesting question, would you?
I would have to say I would try, just to see what I most desired.

Return to Top
#92893 - 07/16/03 02:05 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I would fight the urge to look. I already know what I would see.

Return to Top
#92894 - 07/16/03 03:10 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

i hope the whole order will get to be more developed, i loved how they all interacted with each other... i like tonks but i wonder what will happen with the ministry... how many lord V supporters are hiding out in there and what they will do with their knowledge and connections... i fear for percy in a way...i wonder if the order will be outed

Oh, but for Mundungus . . .

What will happen with Podmore?

Return to Top
#92895 - 07/16/03 04:11 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
1: i do think there are similarities between ginny and lily... i think they would make a nice match... she has become much more of an independent spirt in the last book and i think harry will be drawn to that.
2: i would have to fight hard to not look in the mirror, i would like to think i know what i would see, but maybe part of me is a little afraid what i would see
3: mundungus is a great character... shows will how people from the other side of the tracks can be a great resource. i don't know about podmore... what's your thoughts?

Return to Top
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13