BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Thread Options
#92896 - 07/16/03 04:16 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I like Mundungus, especially when Fred and George are around. As far as Podmore is concerned, due to the fact of Voldemort's return being revealed, maybe he will be let out.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#92897 - 07/16/03 04:24 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
I think Podmore will be let out, but in an non-event manner. i.e. his release would not be mentioned in the Daily Prophet because that would make the ministry look bad.
I too like Mundungus. He must be doing something right for Dumbledore to trust him.

Return to Top
#92898 - 07/16/03 05:04 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Do you think that Seamus and Harry will ever really be friends again?

Return to Top
#92899 - 07/16/03 05:29 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i think so... i mean kids at that age go through all kinds of parting of the ways only to grow back together again. and i think in light of what they are about to face, that perhaps it will be forgiven, perhaps not forgotten.

Return to Top
#92900 - 07/16/03 05:52 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
I concur. After the article appeared in the Quibbler, Seamus when to a DA meeting. I think he realized the truth, and Harry will forgive him.

Return to Top
#92901 - 07/16/03 07:25 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i think other people forget what harry has gone through and while he has always rose to the challenge with grace and power, he has seen some pretty horrible things and the other kids at school really have no idea what that's like, so i guess sometimes i feel really bad for harry. as he said he didn't ask for this.

Return to Top
#92902 - 07/17/03 04:21 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
What will Dumbledore say to Snape about the stopping of the private lessons with Harry? Will they have to continue with the lessons in the future? If so, will it be Snape, Dumbledore or someone else that works with Harry?

Return to Top
#92903 - 07/17/03 04:26 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
It might just be Dumbledore to continue the lessons, although I have not seen him as a hands on type. Then again the Order is going to have more work on their hands now that the realization of Voldemort's return has sunk in at the Ministry, so Dumbledore may not be able to help him. Do you think Lupin is capable of teaching Occulemcy? Hopefully, he returns as the DADA teacher because he was the best by far and the kids definately need a competent teacher in that area. Then he can help Harry learn a bit more.
The more and more I think about it, the more confident I am that if Harry survives he will eventually be the DADA teacher. (confidence level 80%)

Return to Top
#92904 - 07/17/03 04:33 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
Isn't anyone concerned at how easily Harry entered Snapes mind? If he who must not be named can't get into Snapes head, how did Harry? Snape is playing a double role that so far has fooled the Dark Lord so he must be pretty good at masking his thoughts.

I think Harry will do lots of practicing this summer! He'll be able to cheat on his tests next year!

Return to Top
#92905 - 07/17/03 04:36 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I think that the magic that allows one to see into the other's mind goes both ways. If Snape performs the spell on Harry to see into Harry's mind, if Harry is able to fight it off enough, he can instead look into the mind of Snape. I think it would be the same with Voldemort. If Snape or Voldemort were to perform the spell on the other one, it could have significant meaning to both.

Remember that Harry was able to see into the memories of Snape as a small child through Snape's spell being fought off, and also the memories involving his school days with Harry's parents through use of the pensieve.

Return to Top
#92906 - 07/17/03 04:37 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
I think Snape underestimated Harry's true skill. Harry underestimates his own skill too. He has the makings of a truly powerful wizard, yet he still is a child, so he has alot of learning to do.

Return to Top
#92907 - 07/17/03 04:40 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
But the Dark Lord doesn't need to do the spell on Harry. He said he could see it was true that Harry had broken the prophesy in his worthless mind.

Return to Top
#92908 - 07/17/03 04:53 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
But,
Voldemort has a unique connection with Harry. They have been connected since the time he killed Harry's parents and tried to kill Harry. When Harry was able to reveal the spells and curses Voldemort had done with his wand at the end of GOF, it was evident how strong Harry is.

Return to Top
#92909 - 07/17/03 04:54 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Voldemort is extremely powerful and has skills at wizarding that many around him do not. (Much like Dumbledore, who is capable of seeing into the mind of Harry or of anyone else without the use of a spell.) Harry may also be able to use this power in the future as in the giving of the scar to Harry , he also transferred to him some of his own powers. That too, should cause a bit of an unseen connection between Voldemort and Harry.

Oh the agony of rethinking my own thought processes, to have to get inside of the thoughts of another would be utterly painful I believe.

Return to Top
#92910 - 07/17/03 05:26 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
to weigh in: i think that Snape will be in a little trouble for stoping the lessons, i think the lessons will ahve to continue now they both harry and lord v know that the connection is there and very clear dumbledore will need to make sure the door is closed. (though not with snape for the reason that he is so angry that he cannot see the true talent that harry has. harry was not only able to cause the wands to expell Lord V's spells rather than his own but he was able to fight off the imperius (sp) curse lord V did... that's no small task.)
i really hope lupin comes back too, i think he will because he can teach those kids what they need to know, now more than ever, and he does not underestimate harry... a full patronus at age 13.
but now i just had a mind flash... what about when at the end of order. lord V took over harry's body and harry's desire to die to be with sirius and his folks (though notice he only mentions sirius), his heart drove V out... and it was then that dumbledore finally told harry the truth. so does any one think that harry closed the door in his mind to lord V? so maybe he won't need the lessons anymore.
i'm rambling but this a really interesting discussion...
i think harry is more powerful than lord V simply because lord V has become so manic with finding everlasting life that he has become blind to the fact that as dumbledore said.. there are worse things than death. and harry doesn't have that same blindess. so he can see the real situation. lord v would never think that a boy could be better than him.

Return to Top
#92911 - 07/17/03 05:32 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
You're right, Harry is powerful! The death-eaters can't fight off the Dark Lords punishments. And yet Harry get's to experience their pain too. He's full of emotion that the Dark Lord can't understand or doesn't want too.

Return to Top
#92912 - 07/17/03 05:49 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
LCM Offline
LCM
Do you think JK will end the series with a Darth Vader-esque turn to the good side for Lord Voldemort? I hope she doesn't, but I have a nagging feeling...

Return to Top
#92913 - 07/17/03 05:55 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
I think some how, (with Harry's blood flowing thru the Dark Lord) he will start to respect Harry as an equal.

And I still think Nevil will come into play some how. After all "It's the wand that chooses the wizard." And he'll be needing a new one after his Dad's was broken.

Return to Top
#92914 - 07/17/03 06:28 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Very insightful Michelle. Maybe that was part of Neville's problem.
I don't see Voldemort "seeing the light". The prophecy states that one must die. But, then again prophecies can be wrong. Love is the key here. Harry knows what it is like to care so much for someone then lose them. His mother's love is what protected him to begin with. Voldemort is incapable of love.
Now for my own personal thought on death and love.
I am not afraid of my own death. I do think however that losing a loved one is worse than your own death. When my brother passed away I realized this. No matter what anyone says to you, there is no way that person can understand what is going inside you. We each grieve differently. Understanding that someone is grieving and accepting their emotions is the best thing you can do if you truly care. (Off track a little...)
Any how, back to Voldemort and Harry. Harry knows loss, it changes a person and makes him stronger if he allows it to. But you can't let it consume you.
Voldemort is out for his own gain. It's all about him, and always will be.

Return to Top
#92915 - 07/17/03 07:07 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i really hope they don't have a change of heart ending... would suck so bad!!!
i think hermione hit on a great point about life and death... i agree that loosing someone is far more powerful than fear of my own death i too learned that when my Dad died when i was 18... and maybe that realization is what will make harry triumph...
good catch about neville and his wand, didn't see that... perhaps he will come into his own rather than living under his parents shadow from his grandmother

Return to Top
#92916 - 07/17/03 07:43 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Do any of you think that Peter will try to right his wrongs, or do you think he will continue on as a traitor until death?

Return to Top
#92917 - 07/17/03 07:49 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
I think the latter. He is self serving, jealous, and has no back bone. (Can you tell, I do not like his character?)
Although, he is a follower through and through, and if he thinks he is on the losing side, he might try to "redeem" himself.

Return to Top
#92918 - 07/17/03 08:31 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i don't know... remember what dumbledore said at the end of azkaban when harry was angry he allow peter to not be killed... that peter owed harry a great debt, and they there was a bond between them now, and that one day he might be very glad he spared his life. though by peter's actions in GoF that didn't seem very true...

Return to Top
#92919 - 07/17/03 08:38 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Well Hermione, you and I both have birthdays this month. Not even too far from that of Harry. Coincidence, I think not. And also yours is the same as Daniel Radcliffe's.

Return to Top
#92920 - 07/17/03 08:42 PM Re: Don't enter if you've not read latest Harry Po
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Kewl
And don't forget that JK and Harry have the same birthday...
Definitely not a co-inky dink...July is a magical month

Return to Top
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13