Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#931947 - 03/27/08 09:36 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
You cannot understand that everything you are advocating is to try to address the last bubble and will do nothing to stop the next bubble. That is what I am trying to convey to you.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#931950 - 03/27/08 09:37 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: straw
for you to admit that you have no idea what you are talking about and are just full of hot air.

Then we can have an honest discussion and I would be more than happy to explain CMO's to you.

b******t straw! i know exactly what i am talking about. don't play this little game because you aren't followng along. i think you are both underestimating my knowledge of financial and economic issues and overestimating your knowledge of the same. stick to compliance.

Return to Top
#931951 - 03/27/08 09:38 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I would tell you to stick to what you do, but since you don't actually do anything, what should you stick to?

Return to Top
#931952 - 03/27/08 09:39 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Ron, how many millions in MBS/CMO purchases have you authorized?

Return to Top
#931954 - 03/27/08 09:39 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
You cannot understand that everything you are advocating is to try to address the last bubble and will do nothing to stop the next bubble. That is what I am trying to convey to you.

or would it shift the next "bubble" to another sector?

Return to Top
#931959 - 03/27/08 09:40 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Jokerman

why is this relevant?

Return to Top
#931960 - 03/27/08 09:40 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
So you want to create another bubble but just not in the housing market?

Return to Top
#931962 - 03/27/08 09:42 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla

why is this relevant?

"i think you are both underestimating my knowledge of financial and economic issues and overestimating your knowledge of the same. stick to compliance."

Return to Top
#931963 - 03/27/08 09:42 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

Oohh, oohh, can I answer?

Return to Top
#931964 - 03/27/08 09:45 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
of course not. but unless you think that lenders and their risk-taking financial engineers won't go back to their old tricks after the pendulum swings the other way, i dont think its a bad idea to insulate the market from it happening again.

Return to Top
#931965 - 03/27/08 09:48 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
of course not. but unless you think that lenders and their risk-taking financial engineers won't go back to their old tricks after the pendulum swings the other way, i dont think its a bad idea to insulate the market from it happening again.

Does anyone wonder why the government is always fighting the last war? (I mean, anyone other than Ron, who admits he hasn't - so what?)

Return to Top
#931966 - 03/27/08 09:48 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
yes those evil risk taking lenders will go back to their old tricks and the only thing stopping them is you and your Robin Hood-esque band exposing them.

Does that make you feel better?

Return to Top
#931967 - 03/27/08 09:50 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla

why is this relevant?

"i think you are both underestimating my knowledge of financial and economic issues and overestimating your knowledge of the same. stick to compliance."

i think the answer would be, after doing my due dilligence on the underlying economic conditions of what i am buying, i (hopefully) would've seen that valuations weren't supportable in the long term. i would tell the fund to find a less "hot" market to try to make alpha in.

Return to Top
#931968 - 03/27/08 09:50 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
risk-taking financial engineers

Is that a corporate or marketing title? My bank is a rather large player in this markets and I am not familiar with this --

Return to Top
#931970 - 03/27/08 09:53 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla

Does anyone wonder why the government is always fighting the last war? (I mean, anyone other than Ron, who admits he hasn't - so what?)

j, the battle that i would be fighting here is the battle of market psychology. a favorbale side-effect is that the likelihood of this type of bubble rocking the economy to this degree would be virtually non-existent.

Return to Top
#931972 - 03/27/08 09:55 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

why is this relevant?

i think the answer would be, after doing my due dilligence on the underlying economic conditions of what i am buying, i (hopefully) would've seen that valuations weren't supportable in the long term. i would tell the fund to find a less "hot" market to try to make alpha in.

Yes you think "the answer would be" because you have never done it.

Stick to whatever it is you do.

Return to Top
#931974 - 03/27/08 09:56 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

j, the battle that i would be fighting here is the battle of market psychology. a favorbale side-effect is that the likelihood of this type of bubble rocking the economy to this degree would be virtually non-existent.

The battle you would be fighting. You really do think you are Robin Hood don't you.

Return to Top
#931975 - 03/27/08 09:56 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
yes those evil risk taking lenders will go back to their old tricks and the only thing stopping them is you and your Robin Hood-esque band exposing them.

Does that make you feel better?

their old tricks without a housing bubble to profiteer off of? yes it does! would you like to be my little john?

Return to Top
#931977 - 03/27/08 10:00 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

ergo, the reason that i am in business school. perhaps the way that i am playing monday morning quarterback here (ie continually focusing on the bubble) would suggest that i have an idea what to look for. i said "hopefully" because i can't say with full confidence that i would not get caught up into thinking that the bubble had a lot more room to grow.

Return to Top
#931984 - 03/27/08 10:03 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
risk-taking financial engineers

Is that a corporate or marketing title? My bank is a rather large player in this markets and I am not familiar with this --

if i have the institution correct, i think mr prince knows what i mean here.

Return to Top
#931986 - 03/27/08 10:04 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
ha, is that the now retired Mr. Prince?

Return to Top
#931988 - 03/27/08 10:05 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i think he knows all too well.

Return to Top
#932068 - 03/27/08 11:43 PM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

ergo, the reason that i am in business school. perhaps the way that i am playing monday morning quarterback here (ie continually focusing on the bubble) would suggest that i have an idea what to look for. i said "hopefully" because i can't say with full confidence that i would not get caught up into thinking that the bubble had a lot more room to grow.

You mean all the class time you spend on this site you are still learning something? Sure.

Return to Top
#932099 - 03/28/08 01:17 AM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
perhaps the way that i am playing monday morning quarterback here (ie continually focusing on the bubble) would suggest that i have an idea what to look for.

I don't think it suggests that at all.

Return to Top
#932100 - 03/28/08 01:18 AM Re: CBS Busts Hillary About Outright Lie on Bosnia Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
ok.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6