Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#929671 - 03/25/08 05:10 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Yossarian
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Yossarian
Quote:
First they invade funerals and ruin families' time of mourning, now they want to are going to Easter Masses and making asses of themselves

As far as I know, the only ones that protest at funerals are the right-wing Phelps nutcases from the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka.

I highly dobut anyone who hates the U.S. Military the way they do can be considered "right wing." And to boot, one of the left's most hated "right-wing" icons, Sean Hannity, had it out with one of those Westboro nutjobs.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#929685 - 03/25/08 05:16 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i love how people continue to claim that extremism 1) only happens to the other political ideology or 2) has no genesis in conservative ideology-- it is wholly isolated if it doesn't resemble something a 'liberal' would want.

Return to Top
#929692 - 03/25/08 05:20 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
you can easily make you case Ron, Yo and Bar - show me a "lefty" who isn't "liberal"

you have already made the case over and over again by fingering the nutjobs that are not conservative

Return to Top
#929705 - 03/25/08 05:27 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Retired DQ
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Devil Queen
You must be wrong, Yoss... please... just stop...

Return to Top
#929708 - 03/25/08 05:30 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Pale Rider
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Actually, PR, the ball is still in your court. You've yet to explain how the conservative movement isn't part of the right-wing. For extra points, you might try explaining how social or religious conservatism isn't 'real' conservatism.

Return to Top
#929716 - 03/25/08 05:35 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Hrothgar Geiger
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian
Actually, PR, the ball is still in your court. You've yet to explain how the conservative movement isn't part of the right-wing.

Conservativism is based upon consevrative principals. These people who bomb clinics are not adhering to conservative principals, and certainly do hold the values that we conservatives hold to. It is not a 1 or 2 issue thing, it is an entire paradigm.

Quote:
For extra points, you might try explaining how social or religious conservatism isn't 'real' conservatism.

Pefect example is Mike Huckabee - certainly pro-life/anti-abortion, but he governed as, and hold many positions utterly inconsistent with conservative ideals. Ditto for John McCain.

Return to Top
#929724 - 03/25/08 05:40 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism TheManofSteel
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
I highly dobut anyone who hates the U.S. Military the way they do can be considered "right wing."

They don't do what they do because they hate the military, they protest at various funerals because they hate gays. They protested at funerals of mining disaster victims and after the bridge collapsed in Minneapolis they issued a statement saying that God made the bridge fall because he hates America, and especially Minnesota, because of its tolerance of homosexuality.

No one is saying that these people represent mainstream conservatives any more than extremist left-wingers represent mainstream liberals. But they are extremely right-wing and to say they are not is denial of reality.

Return to Top
#929725 - 03/25/08 05:41 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Yossarian
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Well put, Yoss... (ducks and runs...)

Return to Top
#929730 - 03/25/08 05:43 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Yossarian
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Yossarian
Quote:
I highly dobut anyone who hates the U.S. Military the way they do can be considered "right wing."

They don't do what they do because they hate the military, they protest at various funerals because they hate gays. They protested at funerals of mining disaster victims and after the bridge collapsed in Minneapolis they issued a statement saying that God made the bridge fall because he hates America, and especially Minnesota, because of its tolerance of homosexuality.

No one is saying that these people represent mainstream conservatives any more than extremist left-wingers represent mainstream liberals. But they are extremely right-wing and to say they are not is denial of reality.

I do not deny they are far right extremists, just not conservatives. If you are implying an analogous point that the far left extremists are not the same as peole of liberal-leaning, I can see the validity of that point too.

Return to Top
#929735 - 03/25/08 05:46 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
so can you then see the problem with "another leftist display" and why i asked "why not call them 'extremists'"?

Return to Top
#929756 - 03/25/08 05:55 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla
so can you then see the problem with "another leftist display" and why i asked "why not call them 'extremists'"?

Probably, the proper term would have been "far-left extremist" which would not have been indicative of someone like you, DQ or Yoss, who though left, do not approve at all of what these hooligans did. Similarly, when the whackos who bomb the abortion clinics do their dirty work, they may be "far-right extremists" but are not indicative of myself, Pale, Reds, BF, -J- etc, who of course do not approve at all of bombing clinics.

Return to Top
#929761 - 03/25/08 05:58 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
well, we are in agreement there for sure. perhaps you should try to control your own (swim and shemp being priorities, you to a lesser extent ).

Return to Top
#929763 - 03/25/08 05:59 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Hated By Some
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
LOL @ the zilla...

Return to Top
#929767 - 03/25/08 06:01 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
well, we are in agreement there for sure. perhaps you should try to control your own (swim and shemp being priorities, you to a lesser extent ).

I have enough of a time controlling your inane posts to devote my time to controlling my brother patriots

Return to Top
#929775 - 03/25/08 06:06 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism TheManofSteel
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Just like a Lib, wants to control another

Return to Top
#929882 - 03/25/08 07:22 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star

and you can see the problem using the term conservative, but inasmuch as you three mousekateers can never give an inch, we have this inane banter

and then the DQ is laying the groundwork for her severe spanking when she makes the mistake of entering the Republic of Texas after egging you three on

Return to Top
#930189 - 03/26/08 10:37 AM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Pale Rider
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
and then the DQ is laying the groundwork for her severe spanking when she makes the mistake of entering the Republic of Texas after egging you three on

Meow...

Return to Top
#930238 - 03/26/08 01:00 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Retired DQ
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
don't make it worse, I am going to make you drink a Shiner Blonde and ride the mustangs, or maybe even a longhorn later this year!

and then photos will be posted!

Return to Top
#930240 - 03/26/08 01:01 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Pale Rider
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Well, if I stay right here, I can keep riding the BULL!

Return to Top
#930244 - 03/26/08 01:03 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Retired DQ
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star

Return to Top
#930437 - 03/26/08 03:36 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism B_F
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Barbie,

There are extremists on both sides. The difference? The extremists on the right side go after things associated with their issues. Lately, the leftist extremists can't seem to go after targets even remotely associated with the issue they are protesting.

It's kind of like when PETA goes out and protests against the fur trade at retailers that don't sell fur.

So actions like these are ok so long as the target is appropriate. Interesting. And I guess you alone get to decide if the target is appropriate?

Return to Top
#930462 - 03/26/08 03:58 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism straw
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: straw
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Barbie,

There are extremists on both sides. The difference? The extremists on the right side go after things associated with their issues. Lately, the leftist extremists can't seem to go after targets even remotely associated with the issue they are protesting.

It's kind of like when PETA goes out and protests against the fur trade at retailers that don't sell fur.

So actions like these are ok so long as the target is appropriate. Interesting. And I guess you alone get to decide if the target is appropriate?

No, they aren't, I never said they were. I just stated that the liberal leftist protests and attacks can't even target the right audience.

Return to Top
#930518 - 03/26/08 04:30 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism B_F
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
partisanship has grown to a new level: "even our extremists are better than the left's! our extremists know how to properly target audiences to effectuate results. GO CONSERVATIVES!!!"

Return to Top
#930522 - 03/26/08 04:31 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Hated By Some
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
ROFLMAO!!!!

Return to Top
#930528 - 03/26/08 04:33 PM Re: Yet Another Leftist Display of Patriotism Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
partisanship has grown to a new level: "even our extremists are better than the left's! our extremists know how to properly target audiences to effectuate results. GO CONSERVATIVES!!!"

Gee, how typical of Ron twisting someone else's meaning. Our depth of surprise at your unexpected post leaves us standing mouth agape.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3