Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#931956 - 03/27/08 09:39 PM Relay is coming, Relay is coming....
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Relay for life is coming...WOOHOO....

Here is Natalie's reason to relay:
I am a survivor!

This is what I wrote on her Relay for Life page...

I have survived a serious form of cancer that occurs in some transplant patients.
See I had a liver transplant, and then my body went nuts!

My mom says that the cells that normally serve as scouts for the immune system become weakened and then confused.

The cancer is caused by Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), a herpesvirus that infects more than 90 percent of Americans but is ordinarily kept under control by the immune system.

And since my immune system is suppressed to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ, when I contracted EBV I developed lymphoma.

The cancer, called post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder (PTLD), arises only in some transplant patients, but doctors don't know why.

I know this...I have survived and I relay for the other transplant kids that I know that didn't or are still in their fight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We'd love it if you can support us in any way. Anyway what-so-ever ... even making signs for Natalie to carry at Relay as we walk, or by donating ($5.00 is the min.).

If you read Natalie's webpage, I have been very very down since our little liver buddy, Callie's diagnosis - it is so stinking unfair. And I have said more Rosaries this past week than I have in a long time. And finally, finally, God gave me this challenge. To honor our kids that have bravely faced PTLD after already stuggling with having to have a transplant. On a small scale, I will be honoring them at our local Relay. To read more about why I Relay, click on Natalie's webpage,
Last edited by QCL; 07/24/14 07:45 PM. Reason: removed links
Return to Top
#931991 - 03/27/08 10:07 PM Re: Relay is coming, Relay is coming.... QCL
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
For our Natalie - - - done!

Return to Top
#932058 - 03/27/08 11:01 PM Re: Relay is coming, Relay is coming.... corkygirl
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Ditto!

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#932077 - 03/28/08 12:25 AM Re: Relay is coming, Relay is coming.... Walleye Woman
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
beautiful indeed!

Return to Top
#932151 - 03/28/08 11:47 AM Re: Relay is coming, Relay is coming.... Pale Rider
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
MOPNB - We (meaning my bank) is working very hard for the Relay for Life and I am a HUGE supporter. I have had two uncles die of cancer and a friend die at 42 from lung cancer. This is very near and dear to my heart and I applaud you and Natalie (and Jason) for your hard work.

Keep it up and I will also!

Return to Top
#932212 - 03/28/08 01:30 PM Re: Relay is coming, Relay is coming.... Skittles
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Our bank has a team, this is my second year as captain. I've been a team captain on other teams as well, I cant remember how long I've been active with Relay. It is a wonderful event, I strongly encourage everyone to get involved!

Return to Top
#932684 - 03/28/08 07:53 PM Re: Relay is coming, Relay is coming.... RR Jen
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We had a "dip" lunch today for Relay...it was a HUGE success...even more so I think than last year...it's based on .50cents/dip with all sorts of good food/deserts to choose from...this year they even made up a really nice menu so you could order ahead.

Word just in..we raised over $600 for the lunches!
Last edited by RR joker; 03/28/08 08:20 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett