Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#932682 - 03/28/08 07:52 PM Child Support deadbeats
Tocomply Offline
Platinum Poster
Our compliance officer wants us to search our data base to identify individuals owing back child support. If we did this, and identify someone would we be required to file a SAR? Anybody else doing this?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#932726 - 03/28/08 08:25 PM Re: Child Support deadbeats Tocomply
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I want to think I've seen goverment lists to check by, but just arbitrarily doing this, I'm not so sure...how would you know??

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#932737 - 03/28/08 08:34 PM Re: Child Support deadbeats RR Joker
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
Agree with RR joker.. I'm wondering if your bank has decided to participate in a program from your state to identify these customers?

We participate in the Massachusetts Bank Match Program, so maybe you're getting involved in a similar program.

I'm not entirely certain what our procedures are, but I'm fairly certain that we do not file SARs as a result of our participation.

Return to Top
#932753 - 03/28/08 08:54 PM Re: Child Support deadbeats KrisH
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
KrisH hit the nail on the head. You’re probably already doing this to comply with the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (also known as Welfare Reform). Have the compliance officer check with your IT department and ask about the Financial Institution Data Match program.

We remit bank account data monthly to the DSHS. If they find a match, they send us a notice to withhold. Check out this website.

Return to Top