BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#933900 - 04/01/08 06:04 PM Holistic Medicine My Dog
Queen Bee Offline
Diamond Poster
Queen Bee
CT
Has anyone had any successful experiences using holistic medicine with their pets? I have never really been into holistic medicine but my dog has Mitral Valve Dysplasia which is fatal and I have been reading that there are holistic medicines out there than can help prolong the onset of congestive heart failure which is the end result of her condition...any experience out there?

Return to Top
#934100 - 04/01/08 08:01 PM Re: Holistic Medicine My Dog Queen Bee
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I have had some things help, some things I couldn't tell if it did...I have had favorable experiences with accupuncture on myself and my critters...and I can tell you for sure...nux (vomica) will knock out a hangover in no time flat! I've done holistic detox on my horses more than once...normally, I can't tell any real difference, except the last time I did one of my mares...boy did she turn into Dr. Jekyll...or was Mr. Hyde the bad one...anyway..it was obvious it brought out some junk in her trunk! So...do I believe in it...yes. Would I trust anyone other than a certified expert in chinese medicine? no.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#934112 - 04/01/08 08:06 PM Re: Holistic Medicine My Dog RR Joker
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: RR joker
I've done holistic detox on my horses more than once...normally, I can't tell any real difference, except the last time I did one of my mares...boy did she turn into Dr. Jekyll...or was Mr. Hyde the bad one...anyway..it was obvious it brought out some junk in her trunk!

Thanks joker...I'm cleaning Diet Pepsi off my computer.

Return to Top
#934801 - 04/02/08 05:44 PM Re: Holistic Medicine My Dog RR Jen
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#935239 - 04/02/08 11:04 PM Re: Holistic Medicine My Dog RR Joker
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
my mitral valve is shot, no one told me I could do anything about it other than surgery and man did that hurt for a year after

and I have to do it again within the next 5 years, so if this works let me know

we did acupuncture on a paralyzed winer dog, it worked only for as long as the needles were in, and then he went back to total paralysis

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett