BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#93551 - 07/07/03 04:36 PM Re: Music Poll
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Can't beleive no one has mentioned The Eagles. Saw them live a few years ago and they were awesome.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#93552 - 07/07/03 04:44 PM Re: Music Poll
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Saw John Fogerty live in 1997--phenomenal. Age has only improved him and his guitar work. (If you don't know him, he was the driving force behind Creedence Clearwater Revival.)

Return to Top
#93553 - 07/07/03 07:41 PM Re: Music Poll
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Heh Heh Pam. I meant it. I just love his concerts, and a friend of a friend knows him (close relationship huh?) and says he's as nice of a guy now as he was in high school. (I hope he was nice in school). While his style might bother some, you have to admire his ability to WOW an audience, and structure a song in such a way that it sticks in the brains of everyone that hears it.

Let me put something in your brain you can't get out......At the Copa....Copa cabbana....the hottest spot north of Havana....

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#93554 - 07/08/03 01:59 PM Re: Music Poll
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

you have to admire his ability to WOW an audience, and structure a song in such a way that it sticks in the brains of everyone that hears it.

His voice gives me goose bumps even after I've heard his tunes a million times. I made my husband go to the concerts with me and even he admitted that after seeing him the first time that he puts on a heck of a show and is a very good entertainer. This from a metal man who loves Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. He actually even tells his friends he has seen Barry and enjoyed the show. Now that's impressive.

Return to Top
#93555 - 07/08/03 05:11 PM Re: Music Poll
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
There've been lots of good bands mentioned here, many of them British too, and though I'm not going to claim a favorite (though it wouldn't be U2), surely we can't fail to give Def Leppard a mention? .... They're my home-town band, the first house I lived was just around the corner from Rick Allen's (the drummer) parents' house, though I moved ten years before Def Leppard appeared.

Return to Top
#93556 - 07/08/03 06:10 PM Re: Music Poll
10ACBanker Offline
10ACBanker
10AC (TN)
Barry Manilow is a great entertainer! I saw him last year in concert. Awesome!! As for a group, I think the Doobie Brothers were the best.

Return to Top
#93557 - 07/08/03 06:53 PM Re: Music Poll
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
I saw Barry Manilow in concert January 2002 at Radio City. It was fabulous. He donated the proceeds of that night's performance to the 9/11 fund started by Sen. Dole and Pres. Clinton. Bill came up on stage and accepted the check personally. It was magic. (OK OK MB wait for it) Rod Stewart, I've seen him 3 times, each time better than the last. The majority of the officers here (seems to be just except me) are going to see Bon Jovi in August. Last concert I was at -- Dixie Chicks at the Garden (ok, now take your shot MB)

Return to Top
#93558 - 07/08/03 07:49 PM Re: Music Poll
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
OK, you asked for it. I wouldn't walk across the street for the Dixie Chicks. In fact, I didn't. They kicked off their current tour right here in Greenville, SC at the Bi-Lo Center, which is only 4 blocks from my office and our bank is the major corporate sponsor of the Bi-Lo Center. Did I go? Not on your life.

Best concert I've been to has to be Billy Joel about 12 years ago. It was phenomenal the amount of energy in that show.

I've seen Manilow a couple of times and really like his music. He is as talented arranger as there is in the business - that's more his strength than his voice.

My first concert I went to was a Doobie Brothers concert in 1977 while I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Riley, KS.

Return to Top
#93559 - 07/08/03 08:02 PM Re: Music Poll
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
In order to repair our friendship, please know that I didn't PAY to see them. My sister had corporate tickets and gave them to me. (Although I did pay to see Barry so some of that check that went to Bill....)

Return to Top
#93560 - 07/08/03 08:03 PM Re: Music Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Best concert I've been to has to be Billy Joel about 12 years ago. It was phenomenal the amount of energy in that show.

Magic - I also saw Billy Joel, twice in fact. Agree it was great. The second time I sat about 6 rows back and was on a first date. After the last song, he came out for an encore and then got on the drums and starting wailing away and then tossed the drumsticks into the crowd. I caught one, and then stupidly gave it to my date - yes, I was trying to coerce the rest of the evening, but the only thing she left with was that Billy Joel drumstick. (and yes, I certainly know the joke/pun that would have fit right there, but I resisted)

Return to Top
#93561 - 07/08/03 08:19 PM Re: Music Poll
bankguy Offline
100 Club
bankguy
Faber College
Best concert ever: U2 in 1983 before they hit it big. The Alarm opened for them--they were on their first U.S. tour. U2 was on their third U.S. tour and were playing to much bigger audiences, but nothing like they were going to.

Return to Top
#93562 - 07/08/03 08:41 PM Re: Music Poll
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
Right there with you, bankguy! I had a video of U2's 1983 Red Rocks concert that I pretty much wore completely out. So when they came to Kentucky in '87, I jumped at the chance to see them. Best concert I ever saw! They were filming for "Rattle and Hum," and you could see the cameras all over the place. Kept hoping I'd make it into the movie, but I was left on the cutting room floor.

Return to Top
#93563 - 07/08/03 08:44 PM Re: Music Poll
Tom C Offline
100 Club
South of Boston
Summer concerts under a tent are a big thing around my way. The Everley Brothers were outstanding! (I know, I'm dating myself!) Their extended rendition of "Lucille" had the whole place on their feet! The instrumental portion rocked!

Return to Top
#93564 - 07/08/03 08:48 PM Re: Music Poll
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
Although I'm a huge country music fan and have seen many concerts of that genre, my all-time favorite concert has to be Elton John and Billy Joel together. I saw them in Pittsburgh about ten years ago and again last year in Philadelphia. The first time I was absolutely mesmerized - thought they were singing and playing for me alone. The second time wasn't quite as great as the first, but they were still pretty awesome. Their sheer talent is so incredible.

Return to Top
#93565 - 07/08/03 08:55 PM Re: Music Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will admit, although Joe Jackson was the best concert I ever saw, a close second (and maybe the best "show" I saw)was Michael Jackson. I think the best part were the 2 ladies sitting behind me yelling and crying like it was The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show.

Return to Top
#93566 - 07/08/03 09:41 PM Re: Music Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Megadeth

Iron Maiden

King Diamond

Return to Top
#93567 - 07/09/03 01:33 PM Re: Music Poll
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i had the blessing of seeing paul mccartney in concert last summer in tampa (i was in FLA on vacation) and i have never seen a better show... perhaps if i had been alive during the beatles touring days i could say otherwise. but Paul's engery was amazing... his tributes to john and george were touching. i couldn't talk for days for having screamed soo much

Return to Top
#93568 - 07/15/03 09:28 PM Re: Music Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I love Joe Jackson, was just listening to his greatest hits the other day.

I went to Cooperstown, but they didn't have his records there...

Return to Top
#93569 - 07/15/03 09:34 PM Re: Music Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

This poll is for those who enjoy classical music - it is much easier, (unless you like the sound of a bagfull of fighting felines tossed onto finely polished glass.)

Music Poll #2
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 01/15/04 01:48 AM
View Results

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2