Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#935980 - 04/03/08 07:34 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested B_F
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Originally Posted By: straw
Proof? Over this nonsense. You go ahead. Just like pushing your buttons, especially on this topic.

In other words, as on many topics you discuss, you speak out of ignorance of the truth and only with a desire to [censored] people off.

Well, I must admit I do owe BF a major apology. I was completely incorrect in saying that the Bengals lead the league in arrests.

I found this link that compiled NFL player arrests from 2000-2007.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl...CPIorderby=Date

The link shows BF is correct. League leader in arrests during this decade are the Vikings at 28. Next is the Bengals, with 27, which includes today's arrest.

So I extend an apology to BF for casting aspersions on his beloved franchise. They are actually only the second worst group of thugs in the league.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#935987 - 04/03/08 07:40 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested #Just Jay
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Originally Posted By: Jokerman
... while you're at it, why you felt the need to take such a tone. Thanks!

No problem man! Just returning the favor of the tone...

We learn a lot by being the subject of your tone in reponse to our posts!

Dear Jay,

If your posts were more memorable, perhaps I'd remember my response to them. At any rate, the only person who could consider themselves a recipient of any tone from me in my original post was a Bengals' official - if you're related, my apologies.

Sincerely,

Jokerman

Return to Top
#935996 - 04/03/08 07:47 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested straw
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Proof? Over this nonsense. You go ahead. Just like pushing your buttons, especially on this topic.

In other words, as on many topics you discuss, you speak out of ignorance of the truth and only with a desire to [censored] people off.

Well, I must admit I do owe BF a major apology. I was completely incorrect in saying that the Bengals lead the league in arrests.

I found this link that compiled NFL player arrests from 2000-2007.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl...CPIorderby=Date

The link shows BF is correct. League leader in arrests during this decade are the Vikings at 28. Next is the Bengals, with 27, which includes today's arrest.

So I extend an apology to BF for casting aspersions on his beloved franchise. They are actually only the second worst group of thugs in the league.

Now go through that list and recalculate your numbers counting the number of problem individuals. Nearly a quarter of your counts all fall on one individual on the Bengals, who was cut today after being given chance after chance to avoid trouble.

Return to Top
#936003 - 04/03/08 07:49 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested B_F
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
You are so good at making excuses, you sure you aren't liberal?

Return to Top
#936010 - 04/03/08 07:56 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested B_F
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.

I invite you to feel free to show any evidence that the Bengals lead the league in anything.

They lead the league in getting Bengalsfan riled up so easily.

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#936013 - 04/03/08 08:00 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested straw
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH

I'm not making excuses. I'm trying to point out the same falacy as always. Because of ONE player, the Bengals franchise looks worse than the rest of the NFL. Your spreadsheet supports that even while you're trying to make it do the opposite. Plus you neglected to remove people who were acquited of the offense they were charge with as well, and that's not even including those where the charges were simply dropped.

PS: You're also saying they did nothing about these "thugs", yet....

Tremain Mack - Cut by team.
Deltha O'Neal - Suspended
AJ Nicholson - Cut by team
Chris Henry - Cut by team
Odell Thurman - 2 year suspension
Neil Rackers - let go at the end of the season.
Vaughn Booker - cut as soon as he was off IR (you can't cut someone on IR)

Return to Top
#936014 - 04/03/08 08:01 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested *BUSTER*
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
OK I see bf. So we are the ones who decide what constitutes the actual arrest. Dont forget that the Vikings had about ten arrests all relating to the boating incident. So, if you take that off, the Bangels are #1.

Return to Top
#936015 - 04/03/08 08:02 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested Sound Tactic
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Visionary Harry
OK I see bf. So we are the ones who decide what constitutes the actual arrest. Dont forget that the Vikings had about ten arrests all relating to the boating incident. So, if you take that off, the Bangels are #1.

How many INDIVIDUALS were arrested, Harry?

Return to Top
#936017 - 04/03/08 08:03 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested Sound Tactic
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
So, what I see here is that the Cincinati Bangels would be a much more effective team if they did not have to cut half their players for misconduct. Perhaps the GM needs to review his decisions toward if he should extend a contract to someone or not.

Return to Top
#936019 - 04/03/08 08:04 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested B_F
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Visionary Harry

How many INDIVIDUALS were arrested, Harry?

In which incident. The Vikings or the Bengals? I am not sure what you are asking. Sorry.

Return to Top
#936021 - 04/03/08 08:05 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested Sound Tactic
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
You invited me to show evidence that the Bengals lead the league in anything. I have provided evidence that they are one arrest short of leading the league.

You can put whatever qualifiers and explanations on the evidence you would like, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Return to Top
#936022 - 04/03/08 08:06 PM Re: Bengals players dont get arrested B_F
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...

I'm not making excuses. I'm trying to point out the same falacy as always. Because of ONE player, the Bengals franchise looks worse than the rest of the NFL. Your spreadsheet supports that even while you're trying to make it do the opposite. Plus you neglected to remove people who were acquited of the offense they were charge with as well, and that's not even including those where the charges were simply dropped.
PS: You're also saying they did nothing about these "thugs", yet....

Tremain Mack - Cut by team.
Deltha O'Neal - Suspended
AJ Nicholson - Cut by team
Chris Henry - Cut by team
Odell Thurman - 2 year suspension
Neil Rackers - let go at the end of the season.
Vaughn Booker - cut as soon as he was off IR (you can't cut someone on IR)

what you fail to recognize is the thread is called bengals Players don't get arrested. Doesn't talk about convictions, or the number of players arrested multiple times, or the result of any arrest, or anything else. Simply about number of times a player was arrested. Unwad your panties and get over it. You don't own the team, and it really has no bearing on anything that really matters in the world. (And in case you haven't figured it out, even though Straw spelled it out for you, most of us are doing this because you get so riled about it...it's actually funny)

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2