Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#93751 - 07/02/03 04:55 PM Internal job transfer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last Monday, I submitted a request for transfer within our bank to another department. The interview went well and the supervisor said he would contact me by the end of the week or at the latest early the next. I have still not heard from him. Should I call him or wait for him to contact me?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#93752 - 07/02/03 05:15 PM Re: Internal job transfer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I say yes, and do so with confidence & eagerness for the job.

Good Luck!

Return to Top
#93753 - 07/02/03 05:25 PM Re: Internal job transfer
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
Run it through your supervisor. He/she can find out without seeming to be overly anxious in finding out where you stand, and without putting the other manager on the spot. Unless you have totally alienated your supervisor, he/she can be your biggest supporter in these situations, so use them. They will appreciate the opportunity to help you in your career path.

Return to Top
#93754 - 07/02/03 06:04 PM Re: Internal job transfer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you should stop by and see the person with whom you interviewed to give a personal "thanks" for the opportunity. I've had many people in my charge, but would gladly trade in the slugs for motivated folks with initiative - it can't hurt and you'll definitely stand out.

-g

Return to Top
#93755 - 07/02/03 06:24 PM Re: Internal job transfer
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I always send a Thank you card for an interview right after it's over. It's a good way to keep your face in their head! If you haven't done so yet, now's a great time to call, use that confident, you're gonna hire me kind of approach and thank them for their time, making sure they know you're looking forward to hearing more about the exciting change

(Sending flowers or cookies at this point is overboard) LOL

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#93756 - 07/06/03 10:33 PM Re: Internal job transfer
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
I agree with Dawnie, especially about sending a card right after the interview. Since it's already been a few days, I also agree that you should go ahead and call - with confidence. It never hurts to thank them again for their time, and inquire about the decision. (Keep in mind that this time of year is sometimes vacation time; they might have been out of town....)

But - be prepared, just in case you don't get the answer you expect. If this one wasn't meant to be, there will be something even better out there for you. Keep trying!

Return to Top
#93757 - 07/09/03 08:17 PM Re: Internal job transfer
Anonymous
Unregistered

how about six weeks, with "I'll get back to you" whenever there I inquired. Then the position was filled and I still had no response. "heard it through the grapevine"

Return to Top