Pulling people out of the ditc...
snickerdoodles

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#945958 - 04/18/08 08:26 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? rainman
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
Your parsing of the materiality standard may be accurate, but then again it may not.

Well, anyone is free to make the argument that the Lewinsky matter was material, but I'm not sure what that would be. But it is not just "parsing" - perjury is a legal term and materiality is an essential element of the charge. No materiality, no perjury. Libby was convicted because he committed the crime.

I disagree somewhat with your statement that the Plame matter was a "politically motivated, meritless" investigation. The CIA requested the investigation, remember. They have a strong interest in protecting their agents and front companies from being outed. Libby may not have been a big fish, but the investigation was necessary.

Return to Top
#945966 - 04/18/08 08:37 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Yup, and OJ was not guilty, doesn't mean he was innocent.

If there was nothing wrong with he did, why was his license revoked?

Return to Top
#945971 - 04/18/08 08:42 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Originally Posted By: Yossarian
Quote:
Your parsing of the materiality standard may be accurate, but then again it may not.

Well, anyone is free to make the argument that the Lewinsky matter was material, but I'm not sure what that would be. But it is not just "parsing" - perjury is a legal term and materiality is an essential element of the charge. No materiality, no perjury. Libby was convicted because he committed the crime.

I disagree somewhat with your statement that the Plame matter was a "politically motivated, meritless" investigation. The CIA requested the investigation, remember. They have a strong interest in protecting their agents and front companies from being outed. Libby may not have been a big fish, but the investigation was necessary.
Yes, except that just like the Duke Lacrosse case, the prosecutor new very early in the investigation the identity of the leaker (Richard Armitage) but prosecuting him didn't further his agenda.

Return to Top
#945993 - 04/18/08 08:59 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? straw
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Now you are changing what you claimed from "criminal" and committing "perjury" to "nothing wrong". In fact, his license was suspended for five years for making misleading statements in the deposition.

Return to Top
#945998 - 04/18/08 09:02 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Now you are changing what you claimed from "criminal" and committing "perjury" to "nothing wrong". In fact, his license was suspended for five years for making misleading statements in the deposition.

Ah, but doesn't rise to criminality, so its all ok. The POTUS makes false statements, (not misleading, he flat out lied) in a deposition. His arrogance that he can thumbs his nose at everything. He holds the everything with contempt.

But you are right. He is technically not a criminal, just an obiviously morally deficient, ethically bankrupt individual who would not have been able to mop the floor of a company if he had behaved like this in the private world.

Congrats on whom you hold in such high esteem.

Return to Top
#946041 - 04/18/08 09:26 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? straw
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
The "misleading" part comes from the fact that he was given a definition of the term "sexual relations" that was drafted by Jones counsel that did not include oral sex.

As far as the tone of your response, all I did was challenge specific statements that you made. Don't take it so personally.

Return to Top
#946111 - 04/18/08 10:03 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I am not taking it any more personally than you do when someone brings up President Clinton in the less than hero worship light you see him.

Check the mirror there cowboy.

Return to Top
#946112 - 04/18/08 10:04 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? straw
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
It depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Return to Top
#946120 - 04/18/08 10:08 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? straw
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Let's just drop this. Have a good weekend, Straw.

Return to Top
#946123 - 04/18/08 10:10 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
You too. Going to any Clinton rallies?

Return to Top
#946124 - 04/18/08 10:11 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? straw
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Did you guys know Heath Ledger died?

Return to Top
#946126 - 04/18/08 10:16 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Mrs. Rizzo
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
I didn't even know anyone kept a ledger like that!

Return to Top
#946131 - 04/18/08 10:25 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Did he invent the heath bar?

Return to Top
#946220 - 04/19/08 01:57 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
The "misleading" part comes from the fact that he was given a definition of the term "sexual relations" that was drafted by Jones counsel that did not include oral sex.

I wish you'd quit telling this lie.

Originally Posted By: THE WASHINGTON POST
Under the definition approved by U.S. District Judge Susan Webber Wright during his deposition, "a person engages in 'sexual relations' when the person knowingly engages in or causes contact with the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person with an intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person."

Return to Top
#946221 - 04/19/08 02:03 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Jokerman
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I posted something similar but it must have offended someone and got removed.

Return to Top
#946239 - 04/20/08 02:22 AM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Jokerman
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Lie???? Point out where that definition says "mouth".

Did Clinton have sexual relations with Lewinsky under that definition? He would have had to contact her "genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks". That didn't happen. If they had asked the question of Lewinsky it would have been true, but not when asked of Clinton.

Thanks for posting the definition, J!!!! Great way to prove my point.

Return to Top
#946240 - 04/20/08 03:23 AM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
didn't Mr. Clinton acknowledge fondling certain areas of Ms. Lewinsky that would meet the def?

Return to Top
#946243 - 04/20/08 03:31 AM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Lie???? Point out where that definition says "mouth".

Did Clinton have sexual relations with Lewinsky under that definition? He would have had to contact her "genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks". That didn't happen. If they had asked the question of Lewinsky it would have been true, but not when asked of Clinton.

Thanks for posting the definition, J!!!! Great way to prove my point.

Oh my. We're so far in the tank for Slick Willie that we're willing to believe that he did "this" but not "that" when she says he did, in fact, do "that" and he's been proven to be a complete liar on the whole story. You ought to be embarrased. Unfortunately, you've probably perverted the truth enough in your own mind that you're not.

Return to Top
#946245 - 04/20/08 04:36 AM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Jokerman
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
he did "this" but not "that" when she says he did

What are you talking about????? She says she performed oral sex but not intercourse. Where does this idea come from that she says something contrary to what he said?

If you can find something that fits the definition, what is it?

Return to Top
#946246 - 04/20/08 04:39 AM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Pale Rider
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
didn't Mr. Clinton acknowledge fondling certain areas of Ms. Lewinsky that would meet the def?

Not that I've ever heard.

Return to Top
#946248 - 04/20/08 11:22 AM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Quote:

Did not Ms. Lewinsky testify that he touched her breasts in order to arouse or gratify a desire? The fact that Clinton would have denied it would only fit the pattern of lies the crafted.

I am with Jokerman on this one Yoss, it would appear you have drank the koolaid.
Last edited by Pale Rider; 04/20/08 11:23 AM.

Return to Top
#946279 - 04/20/08 04:22 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Yossarian
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:
he did "this" but not "that" when she says he did

What are you talking about????? She says she performed oral sex but not intercourse. Where does this idea come from that she says something contrary to what he said?

If you can find something that fits the definition, what is it?

Oh, please. This isn't even moderately difficult:

Originally Posted By: THE STARR REPORT
According to Ms. Lewinsky, she performed oral sex on the President on nine occasions. On all nine of those occasions, the President fondled and kissed her bare breasts. He touched her genitals, both through her underwear and directly, bringing her to orgasm on two occasions. On one occasion, the President inserted a cigar into her [censored]. On another occasion, she and the President had brief genital-to-genital contact.(42)

Now, maybe she's lying and he was telling the truth when he said he had never done anything that fit that particular definition of "sexual relations". But on what track record would you give him the benefit of the doubt???

Return to Top
#946285 - 04/20/08 05:18 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Pale Rider
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Quote:

The fact that Clinton would have denied it

You do realize that you went from asking whether he had acknowledged it to saying he had denied it, right?

Return to Top
#946287 - 04/20/08 05:34 PM Re: Is What He Said Wrong? Honestly? Jokerman
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
It looks as though you're right about their making conflicting statements. I was focused on your earlier inaccurate claim that it was a "lie" to say that the definition didn't cover oral sex.

Return to Top
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15