Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#942318 - 04/15/08 05:20 PM The Hillary Elitist Double Standard
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
This is for all the Hillary supporters in PA and elsewhere, who are of the mind set that Obama is an elitist and that only Hillary understands your woes. As the author states, "takes one to know one".

Quote:
People who live in glass mansions really shouldn't throw stones.

Hillary Rodham Clinton has pinned her final hopes on yet another Hail Mary strategy, accusing Barack Obama of being an elitist who's out of touch with the American people.

This from a woman who lived rent-free in government housing - great mansions, no less - for most of her adult life before getting a "real job" in the US Senate, which also is known as the world's most exclusive club.

This is not a game Hillary Clinton should play with Obama or anyone else.

No one in American politics today is more tightly swaddled in the cocoon of power, wealth and privilege than she.

For 15 years, Clinton has not so much as strolled down the block without an armed security detail. Yet still, she managed to remember coming under sniper fire in Bosnia.

When her husband wanted to give her a special plaything one year, he gave her national health-care reform.

Americans revolted over her proposals, but she still doesn't understand that most people believe the federal government is the only thing that could actually make health care worse.

When was the last time she pumped a dime's worth of gasoline into her own car? Or went grocery shopping? When was the last time she shopped at Wal-Mart?

Oh, that's right, she was on the board of directors there, so she didn't need to shop there.

When was the last time she waited in line for stamps at the post office, only to be insulted at the window?

Has she ever waited in an endless line at the airport, only to be groped by the federal government before boarding a packed plane?

When was the last time she struggled to fill out her tax returns?

Funny thing when you make $109 million in seven years: you pay people to do that for you.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04152008/new...ator_106616.htm

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#942353 - 04/15/08 06:00 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Imagine
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Sooooo, this means that Barick and Billary are both elitist? I agree.

Return to Top
#942361 - 04/15/08 06:08 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Imagine
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Neo, it's also funny to hear the howls from the conservative side -- the side that supported the Bushes, one of America's most elitist families. Let's also not forget their support for Cheney, a man who, when asked to serve his country during the Vietnam War, had "other priorities at the time."

Return to Top
#942405 - 04/15/08 06:41 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard grmasterb
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: grmasterb
Neo, it's also funny to hear the howls from the conservative side -- the side that supported the Bushes, one of America's most elitist families. Let's also not forget their support for Cheney, a man who, when asked to serve his country during the Vietnam War, had "other priorities at the time."

Exactly. Bush 43 is as "elite" as they come, yet he appears to be "one of us". I never quite understood that...

Return to Top
#942426 - 04/15/08 06:59 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Imagine
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
"W" will never ever be like "one of us" ----- and I certainly am not anything like him ---- thank the Lord.

Return to Top
#942662 - 04/15/08 09:36 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Pepper's Sister
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
all so much codswallop!!

the Bushes, all 4 generations, are decent, honorable and as down to earth as people in their social cirlces come

it is a travesty to compare them to the likes of any democrat candidates in the last 25 years, just my opinion

Return to Top
#942720 - 04/15/08 10:26 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
you did just fall off the turnip truck, didn't you?

Return to Top
#942722 - 04/15/08 10:30 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla

Is Reverand Wright a racist?

Return to Top
#942728 - 04/15/08 10:43 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard straw
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I find the Bushes to be the most down home or of the people presidents I have seen in my life time.You may laugh at GW's little mispokes or whatever but to me that makes him more human than a cut out obama or barbie clinton

Return to Top
#942747 - 04/15/08 11:38 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard kms
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
The Bushes are the most down home people????

Because the woman who says, "What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle) this is working very well for them." is a person of the people.

And you people make fun of Ron for his avatar...COME ON!
Last edited by NeophytePolitico; 04/15/08 11:39 PM.
Return to Top
#942753 - 04/15/08 11:46 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Imagine
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
And, just to prove I'm an equal opportunity opponent of elitism, I think it hilarious to call a member of an ELITIST SECRET SOCIETY such as Skull & Bones a person of the people. That includes Bush 41, Bush 43, and John Kerry.

Return to Top
#942755 - 04/15/08 11:47 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: straw
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla

Is Reverand Wright a racist?

he sounds like it. does that make obama a racist though?

Return to Top
#942764 - 04/16/08 12:21 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Hated By Some
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
You forget Neo that I met the president when he came to my work after 9/11, he put on no airs and made us feel like we were more important than he was. Sorry Billy boy never showed up at my job to tell me I was doing a good job.....

Return to Top
#942767 - 04/16/08 12:40 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard kms
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
He told Mike Brown of FEMA that he was doing a heck of a job too.
How'd that work out?
Last edited by NeophytePolitico; 04/16/08 12:40 AM.
Return to Top
#942773 - 04/16/08 01:13 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Imagine
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
You don't get the point, at least he gets out there with the people working for this country unlike his predecessors. That was the point I was trying to make, evidently I will have to start spelling things out like I do for my kindergartener.

Return to Top
#942776 - 04/16/08 01:32 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard kms
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: kms
You don't get the point, at least he gets out there with the people working for this country unlike his predecessors. That was the point I was trying to make, evidently I will have to start spelling things out like I do for my kindergartener.

Will you use the Letter People? I loved them!

Return to Top
#942780 - 04/16/08 02:05 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Imagine
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Quote:
BITTER
This and your avitar say it all, Neo. Is this the image you want people who potentially could elect your candidate to have of one of his supporters?

Return to Top
#942781 - 04/16/08 02:20 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Imagine
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: NeophytePolitico

Will you use the Letter People? I loved them!

Typical! Little things amuse little minds!

Neo, there was a time that I had some hope for you. That I thought, you were young and would eventually outgrow your status of being a Mental Midget.

But now I'm pretty sure that I was mistaken.

If Democrats had any brains, they'd be Republicans.

Return to Top
#942790 - 04/16/08 02:52 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Bimmer
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
well, I don't know about y'all, but I feel enlightened about certain subjects, not all of them political, but enlightening none the less

Return to Top
#942793 - 04/16/08 03:12 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Imagine
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Well, it shouldn't even be necessary to respond to an opinion piece from the NY Post, but...

Being an "elitist" refers to an ATTITUDE, not just the fact that you have power or money. If living in a governor's mansion and the White House is all it took to make someone an elitist then Jimmy and Roslyn Carter would qualify, and they don't. If just making a lot of money were enough then Bill Gates and Warren Buffett would be elitists, and they are not.

Return to Top
#942796 - 04/16/08 03:30 AM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard kms
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
he gets out there with the people working for this country unlike his predecessors

What complete nonsense! If you think Clinton didn't do that, then you slept through the 90's or, more likely, are viewing them through a partisan prism.

North Dakota flooding

Kosovo

Bosnia

Return to Top
#942820 - 04/16/08 12:47 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Yossarian
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I am veiwing them in terms of the work I did for this country in the 90's. When I located the signal of the downed pilot in Bosinia(which is kinda a big deal even though it was his own fault he got shot down) not one peep from old billy boy

Return to Top
#942825 - 04/16/08 01:02 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard kms
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
I am veiwing them in terms of the work I did for this country in the 90's. When I located the signal of the downed pilot in Bosinia(which is kinda a big deal even though it was his own fault he got shot down) not one peep from old billy boy

So, you feel personally slighted because the president didn't stroke your ego?

Return to Top
#942833 - 04/16/08 01:23 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard grmasterb
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
hehehehehe

ol' Billy C. was feeling more than our pain

Return to Top
#942842 - 04/16/08 01:28 PM Re: The Hillary Elitist Double Standard Pale Rider
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
President Clinton did not come near the WTC after the first bombing attempt in 1993, if memory sevres me correctly, until a few years later. I guess NYers should have felt slighted that their egos weren't stroked.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2