Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#942453 - 04/15/08 07:25 PM Internet Access to Public Disclosure
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
Where can I find information about the pros and cons of having public access to your PE on the internet. I'm not sure you would necessarily want it on your organization's web site. But it might be worthwhile to have it out there at a different web address that you could give to those who request a copy. Any thoughts or where I might find more information. The fact is, it is usually available on your regulator's web site anyway, just not as soon as you might need it to be for public access.

Return to Top
CRA
#942499 - 04/15/08 08:02 PM Re: Internet Access to Public Disclosure JUST CALL ME CRA
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
As you said PEs are all already available online:

http://www.ffiec.gov/craratings/default.aspx

Why duplicate the process if you are not going to have it on your website. What would be the harm in that anyway (unless you have CRA problems).

Return to Top
#942685 - 04/15/08 09:58 PM Re: Internet Access to Public Disclosure rlcarey
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Why make it more "accessible"? It only has the potential to have questions raised that are better left unspoken, no?

Even if you have an outstanding............

Return to Top
#943090 - 04/16/08 03:50 PM Re: Internet Access to Public Disclosure Pale Rider
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
I don't think you would want it on your web site because people that didn't even know it existing would just stumble on it. Even if you are an outstanding, you may have questions about why you are not doing as good in one area as another, etc. My only thought in having it out there on the web was being able to refer people to it that do ask for a copy rather than having to make copies. And I don't know about other people but we have trouble with the banking center folks know where to find the copy that they are supposed to keep available and I wind up having to send it to them when there is a request. But you are probably right that it is better to do things the old fashion way in this case.

Return to Top
#943231 - 04/16/08 06:01 PM Re: Internet Access to Public Disclosure JUST CALL ME CRA
tflower Offline
100 Club
tflower
Beautiful California Coast
Does your bank have an intranet? This is where ours is stored. Its available to employees to read and print for anyone who asks for it, but not available to the public...

This works well for us.

Return to Top
#943263 - 04/16/08 06:24 PM Re: Internet Access to Public Disclosure tflower
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Same for us, we don't have ours on the internet but do have our entire public file on the intranet. Like Randy said, if they are looking they can find your info on the FFIEC site along with your HMDA and CRA disclosures.

Return to Top