Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#94626 - 07/07/03 08:15 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
and Rollerboogie (wasn't that Linda also??)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#94627 - 07/07/03 08:32 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Why couldn't she do a nice Jane Austin flick? LOL

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#94628 - 07/07/03 08:35 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
hmdagal Online
Power Poster
hmdagal
Jaws.

Re: The Exorcist - I was on a high school class trip to Mexico when I saw that movie. Our group was laughing hysterically at the translations used for the spanish subtitles. Nobody else in the theater was amused. I've never been able to think of Exorcist without laughing (of course I can't remember what the translations were that were so funny).

Return to Top
#94629 - 07/07/03 08:38 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
I'd vote for the original "Alien".

Return to Top
#94630 - 07/07/03 08:40 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Psycho (the original) is pretty scary as well.

Return to Top
#94631 - 07/07/03 08:43 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Anonymous
Unregistered

"The Prince of Darkness"
"Blair Witch Project"

Return to Top
#94632 - 07/07/03 08:45 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Jaws.

Jaws is the only movie that has ever made me jump out of my seat in a theater. I must have been 10 yrs old or something like that. When he was throwing fish over the boat and then the shark popped up - whew! What I also remember about that movie is that for what seemed like 3 months, there were lines around the block to get in for every show. Of course that was before all the multiplexes. Now they would have showings every hour at three different screens in each complex.

Return to Top
#94633 - 07/07/03 08:52 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Of course that was before all the multiplexes. Now they would have showings every hour at three different screens in each complex.

How do you think mediocre movies keep breaking opening weekend box office records. You can't compare today's records with records of the past. Maybe the records should come with an asterisk--like a longstanding, pre-steriods baseball record once had.

Return to Top
#94634 - 07/07/03 09:00 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Anonymous
Unregistered

To date, I think the scariest movie is "The Ring", however "Night of the living Dead" really creeped me out and the new version "28 Days Later" is opening soon, and looks really scary.
But I would choose "The Exorcist" as my second scariest, I still cannot watch the whole thing.

Return to Top
#94635 - 07/07/03 09:04 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Jaws.

A friend of mine borrowed another friend's houseboat and showed Jaws to our dates while anchored. It was at night and the rule was that you had to keep your feet dangling over the edge in the water during the movie. It was rough going...and we were on a lake.

Return to Top
#94636 - 07/07/03 09:13 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I don't enjoy scary movies.......avoid them like the plague, so I can only comment on old scary movies.....seen in my youth.

The Birds
Psycho
(Alfred Hitchcock sure made some good ones!!)
The Exorcist?....not scary......gross would be my word for it.

Return to Top
#94637 - 07/07/03 09:26 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Go Royals Offline
Go Royals
Lincoln, Nebraska
Jaws.

Although the fact that "From Justin to Kelly" was allowed to be filmed is pretty scary too.

Return to Top
#94638 - 07/07/03 09:53 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Jaws for me too. My daughter (20) says The Ring is the scariest movie she's ever seen, but I've not seen it.

Return to Top
#94639 - 07/07/03 10:01 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
I don't even remember what it was about, but Salem's Lot scared me horribly at the time.

This one wasn't scary so much as it just wouldn't end--Cujo. I still hate that freaky, drooling dog!

Return to Top
#94640 - 07/07/03 10:31 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
"The Changling" with George C. Scott. The scene right after he throws the ball in the water gave me the creeps.

Return to Top
#94641 - 07/08/03 03:38 AM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Wanna see something really scary: Abandoned Hospital

Return to Top
#94642 - 07/08/03 05:45 AM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Okay, it looks silly now - but The Blob scared the bejeezus out of me when I was a kid. I couldn't look at silly putty, or that other wiggly jelly play stuff that you made by adding water to some powder but heck if I can remember the name now..... ***shiver***

Return to Top
#94643 - 07/08/03 12:40 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
War of the Worlds - the old one from the 50s or 60s. When I was a kid it was on TV, and my parents didn't realize I was still up. They caught me just when it looked hopeless for the Earthlings and sent me to bed. I had nightmares all night. The next day my Dad, the chemistry professor, explained to me that the Martians were all killed by a virus, which meant absolutely nothing to my little-kid mind. I finally saw the whole thing through years later and it's awfully corny, but I don't think I've ever been so scared by a movie since.

Return to Top
#94644 - 07/08/03 12:54 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
The Birds
The Blob (only you old-timers will remember it)
The Exorcist
Ghost Story

Return to Top
#94645 - 07/08/03 01:10 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Ghost Story

Scary book, but the movie was not scary. Unfortunately, the last movie for Fred Astaire.

By today's standards these movies may not seem that scary, but, they scared us by catching us off guard--audiences had never seen anything like them:

Psycho--kill off the lead actress within the first 30 minutes was unheard of and unnerving.

Alien--We'd never seen such gore and special effects (they seemed special at the time).

Halloween--Who would have expected this movie in 1978. (Nightmare on Elm Street also scared us, but by that time it was not groundbreaking.)

Night of the Living Dead--For the 50s, walking, flesh eating corpses were pretty frightening (even if you could've outrun them on your sister's tricycle). I saw the original for the first time in the mid-80s and it creeped me out. (Never saw the remake.)

The Thing--stranded in all that ice with nowhere to run from another slow moving monster (the original, not the gross Kurt Russell remake).

Return to Top
#94646 - 07/08/03 01:13 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

The Blob (only you old-timers will remember it)

Ok, now I'm an old-timer. Can you convince all those people to quit asking to see my ID?

Return to Top
#94647 - 07/08/03 03:38 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
The Omen.

Return to Top
#94648 - 07/08/03 03:41 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mothman Prophecy - not only did the movie completely freak me out, but I got online after seeing it to investigate this prophecy in history and the stories were incredibly freakish!

Return to Top
#94649 - 07/08/03 04:56 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
The Donald Sutherland version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I was on a date, at the drive-in , with my boyfriend. He went to get popcorn and then he slithered around to my side of the car, jumped up and scared the Bejeezuz out of me! No, I didn't marry that nut! I married a different one...

Return to Top
#94650 - 07/08/03 06:51 PM Re: What's the scariest movie so far?
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Ammityville Horrers scared my TO DEATH!!! And now I live in a house that looks identical to the one in the movie and I sometimes have dead flys around my window sill!!! My heart races just thinking about those movies, that was a long time ago though!! They may not be as scarey if I watched them today

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3