Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#945988 - 04/18/08 08:57 PM Flood Zone Mismatch?
Maniax Offline
New Poster
TX
I have a flood determination which relfects zone "A2", the insurance policy reflects zone "A". The lender is saying that zone "A" is all inclusive for all "A" zones. Now looking at the FEMA Guidelines book, I know that for newer FIRMs, Zone AE respresents former Zones A1-A30. My feeling is that we have a mismatch between the FD and the Flood Insurance Policy. But does anyone know whether Zone A is all inclusive or like a blanket zone that includes all the various Zone A classifications?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#946216 - 04/19/08 12:24 PM Re: Flood Zone Mismatch? Maniax
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
While the regulators have indicated that zone mismatches need to be resolved, they have not provided much specific guidance. I think that as an industry practice, that if the first letter is the same, it is not a mismatch, A = A2, etc.

Return to Top
#946489 - 04/21/08 03:44 PM Re: Flood Zone Mismatch? rlcarey
complyyes Offline
Midwest
Can anyone point me to a good Flood Policy? Ours is not sufficent and if one is out there to review, I would like to see it. Thanks,

Return to Top
#946538 - 04/21/08 04:31 PM Re: Flood Zone Mismatch? complyyes
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Originally Posted By: new@comply
Can anyone point me to a good Flood Policy? Ours is not sufficent and if one is out there to review, I would like to see it. Thanks,

This is being addressed in a separate post.

New: Please don't double post. Thanks.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z