Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39
Thread Options
#944203 - 04/17/08 03:10 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
GLKS Offline
Gold Star
I think that it might reflect on the beliefs of the current crop of idols as well... I enjoyed that one of the group songs was "Shout to the Lord" (and it was also one of the best that they performed as a group), but I bet if any of the contestants had objected the producers wouldn't have pressured them and would have chosen a different song.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#944412 - 04/17/08 05:28 PM Re: American Idol GLKS
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I also enjoyed it when they sang "Shout to the Lord" (and that was the first time I ever have thought the group sounded good singing together). . .but then I was totally dismayed that, even though they could've ended the show right there, they instead showed that inane sketch with Ben Stiller where he had to be "bleeped" every other word. They just couldn't end that Idol Gives Back show on a classy note.

Return to Top
#944422 - 04/17/08 05:36 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I'm with ya, Hoosier.

Return to Top
#945795 - 04/18/08 05:34 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Did anyone hear the interview with Brian Dunkleman on the Adam Carolla Show yesterday!?!?!? Very interesting take on Idol!

Return to Top
#946169 - 04/19/08 01:32 AM Re: American Idol Comp Guy No More
Blessed Offline
Diamond Poster
Blessed
USA
No, care to elaborate? Please? (you can pm me )

Return to Top
#946172 - 04/19/08 01:49 AM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
I also enjoyed it when they sang "Shout to the Lord" (and that was the first time I ever have thought the group sounded good singing together). . .

Even Dolly sang about Jesus! As soon as I heard they were singing "Shout..." my jaw dropped in wonder. I did question how they happened to pick a Christian tune for a group-sing, and wondered if any of the singers would have objected. But I enjoyed it as well.

Return to Top
#947868 - 04/23/08 01:44 AM Re: American Idol BBoyd
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
very difficult night, one of the girls or Jason may face a sad night tomorrow

Return to Top
#947877 - 04/23/08 02:09 AM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Brooke's performance was rough.. the worst of the evening for me.

Return to Top
#947885 - 04/23/08 03:10 AM Re: American Idol Ops
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Brooke and Jason were the worst to me. I don't know who will be the third in the bottom three. I liked Carley, still don't like David A, but he can sing, and they did seem to try to bring out the teeneybopper vote by bringing all the little girls up on stage with him. He is annoying though. Sayesha was very good. It wasn't David Cook's best night, but I liked his performance.

Return to Top
#947893 - 04/23/08 03:37 AM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
I agree, Pooh.

Jason and Brooke - not good enough.

Depends on who votes, but I imagine one of them will go. (I personally think it's time for Brooke to go.)

Unlike some of you, I like David A. What a cutie - and when he keeps his eyes open, they sparkle. I believe he and David Cook will be the final two.

Return to Top
#947936 - 04/23/08 12:41 PM Re: American Idol Citrus
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
My quick take - this compteition is now between David Cook and Sayesha. Sayesha was great last night. David Cook was good, but I was disappointed he didn't try to "rock up" Andrew Lloyd Weber. Carly was ok, but I was expecting more from that song (would have liked to see David Cook sing JCS).

Jason was Jason (not a good thing in my book), and David Archuletta makes me want to puke. One thing I don't like about the clips before they sing is that, as an example, for David A., I wasn't even listening to him - I was watching to see if his eyes closed.

Lastly, Brooke. Grinding on my last nerve. I actually liked her performance, especially when she stood up. She showed more power. But her sheepish, oh golly grin is old and it is time for her to go (although I would prefer Jason go because he is the definition of one-dimensional).

Lastly, for Carly, she is getting a bit desperate. The thing with the Simon t-shirt was pathetic.

Return to Top
#947947 - 04/23/08 12:53 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
I didn't care for Carly's JCS --- and she goofed up the lyrics and was out of word synch with the back up singers. She's got a good set of pipes, but I would really like to see her do something a little softer......everything she sings is at 150% power 100% of the time. Softer....please.

Jason.....ick! And I think Brooke was smart in starting over (ALW is not a composer you can "fake" until you get your word footing under you) but she's always the same.....I'd like to see her do someting with a little more energy - same thing with Jason. For me, "Idol" should be versatile and flexible.....these two are not.

Syesha was super! Loved her last night....haven't been crazy about her until last night. Best performance for her and of the night.

David A ---- eh.....didn't do much for me. Not one of his best.

David C --- I really like him and I think he's the one to beat, but I don't think last night was a good one for him.

Return to Top
#947948 - 04/23/08 12:54 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I think Brooke is cracking under the pressure. She appears to realize that she's now in over her head and is just hanging on as long as possible.

I agree with CubDave that Carly is getting desperate, but I still like her.

Sayesha rocked last night. Musical theatre is SO her thing.

Jason sucked.

David A sounded good, but frankly I found turning a piece from Phantom into a pop ballad insulting.

David Cook still rocks. That's a really freaking hard piece to sing, and he visibly relaxed after the big "be" note. I did not like that he 'rocked up' the very end of the song. I felt like he should have stuck to the performance style he'd used through the rest of the song. Now...if he'd 'rocked up' the entire song, I probably would have been fine with it. In fact...I think I would have melted in my chair.

Return to Top
#947960 - 04/23/08 01:04 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Pepper - I think one thing that bugged me about Carly last night was that she is all power, but last night, I felt like I was listening to the band and the back up singers, and she was just part of the song.

Return to Top
#947974 - 04/23/08 01:16 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Syesha sounded like she belongs on Broadway, and I can definately see her following in the long line of former Idol contestants to succeed there. Like Clay, Fantasia, Diana Degarmo, Frenchie Davis, Tamyra Grey, and Jennifer Hudson (off the top of my head), she will star in a show on Broadway before the decade is over. I loved her PERFORMANCE more than her singing, and laughed when I saw Ricky dance, and loved how she interacted with the band last night. We finally saw her personality. That being said, I'll probably forget about this performance by Saturday and never think of it again.

Jason Castro was ok. He is definately one dimensional, and that song just didn't work for him. To me, it was boring. He needs to step it up if he's going to continue.

I think the emotion of the song overwhelmed Brooke even before she started singing it. It's too bad she screwed up the beginning of the song and had to start over, again. Once she recovered and restarted, I thought she sounded pretty good, and I enjoyed her version of the song. She showed more range this week than in the past. The only question is, can she be forgiven for the second start and stop of her season? I don't think so.

David Archuletta, where to start? I laughed loudly when Andrew Lloyd Weber toldhim to OPEN HIS EYES. And what's he do on stage when he starts singing? Close his eyes! Sigh. I thought he did make the song sound like a pop song, and despite my not getting him most weeks, he impressed me as one of the best this week. I hardly heard him gasping for breath!

I HATED HATED HATED HATED everything about Carly's performance last night. She took one of my favorite songs of all time and destroyed it. She got the lyrics wrong, she was overpowered by the backup singers, and frankly, there was nothing I liked about this song, except that it ended.

David Cook, on the other hand, showed that he is not just a rocker, he's one heck of a singer. He showed amazing range last night, and while I would have loved to see him turn ALW into a rock anthem of some sort, I was pleasantly pleased to hear him turn into The Phantom. Hands down, he owns this competition.

Bottom 3 by Performance: Carly, Jason, and Brooke.
Bottom 3 by Votes: Carly, Syesha, and Brooke.

The best? David Cook and, surprisingly, David Archuletta

Return to Top
#948004 - 04/23/08 01:41 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Was it Cubby that said Cook should have performed JCS? That would have been awesome!!

I was very impressed with Cook's rich sounding voice - what I didn't like was the end notes. I felt like suddenly he was trying to make this a rocked up song. Should have either done it all in his rocker version or none. Overall, however, I thought it was the best.

Little David - just so tired of him. It sounded like a teeny bopper song - which I know is his bread & butter, but come on. Boring ...

Carly - it was ok, but something was off. Was she off a beat or just off from the back up singers? And the shouting ...

Sayesha - I really liked it and finally saw some personality.

Jason & Brooke. Well, they both need to go - I think Brooke should go first.

Return to Top
#948011 - 04/23/08 01:45 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I actually REALLY enjoyed Carly's performance.

As for each of you saying Carly was off from the backup singers, it's the backup singers responsibility to follow the lead.. not the other way around.

(At least that's how I was taught).

Return to Top
#948015 - 04/23/08 01:51 PM Re: American Idol Ops
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Ops

As for each of you saying Carly was off from the backup singers, it's the backup singers responsibility to follow the lead.. not the other way around.

Actually, it's the singer's job to find the pocket with the band and be on beat. Further, it's the rest of the band's job to follow the percussion section and/or the base section to find the proper tempo.

Further, it's the singer's job to sing well enough that the backups don't outshine her.

Return to Top
#948020 - 04/23/08 01:53 PM Re: American Idol Ops
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I am not blaming Carly - I am blaming the arrangement (which actually partly is Carly's fault)

Return to Top
#948025 - 04/23/08 01:57 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Originally Posted By: Ops

Actually, it's the singer's job to find the pocket with the band and be on beat. Further, it's the rest of the band's job to follow the percussion section and/or the base section to find the proper tempo.

Further, it's the singer's job to sing well enough that the backups don't outshine her.

This isn't the first time, won't be the last.. I 'spose we heard two different things, dear BF.

Return to Top
#948056 - 04/23/08 02:17 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Originally Posted By: CubDave
I am not blaming Carly - I am blaming the arrangement (which actually partly is Carly's fault)

I'm not blaming anyone - I'm just saying it sounded off to me

Return to Top
#948123 - 04/23/08 03:00 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
BTW Leia - I was in beautiful Minneapolis last week for a day. I think your city should be called the Windy City - not mine!

Return to Top
#948171 - 04/23/08 03:37 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
At least there wasn't any snow

Return to Top
#948311 - 04/23/08 05:50 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Jason sucks, needs to go. Haven't like him from day one. He sounds the same on every song! Brooke is losing it for me, she used to be my fave girl, now Carly is. David Cook, my heart does a flip everytime I hear him sing. David A, love his voice, can't stand his facial expressions. Syesha was fabulous.

Jason and Brooke definitely need to be bottom 2, not sure how I feel about 3rd, the rest were good. But Jason's time is now.

As a side note, if I have to listen to Ms. Paula ramble useless comments after each performance one more time, I'm going to hang myself. Cannot stand her rambling!!!

Return to Top
#948354 - 04/23/08 06:26 PM Re: American Idol P*Q
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
yeah, I would like to see Paula in the bottom 3

Return to Top
Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39