Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#936631 - 04/04/08 06:59 PM Prayers for my daughter
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
This may seem silly but my daughter is scheduled for an MRI next Thursday on her hip. She runs track and has been having pain for the last three weeks. At first we thought it was a muscle strain so she stretches out and ices it but it keeps bothering her. I feel so bad for her as she missed most of last year's season because she had mono and now she may have to miss this year, also. She is so heartbroken as she is the fastest short sprinter on the team and was really improving, with hopes for a college career.

I just need prayers that it is not anything more serious as the x-rays showed the possibility that her hip socket was aligned improperly. I didn't ask what happens next if that is what is causing the pain - I don't really want to know. Anyway, they explained that the MRI will be painful as they have to inject dye into the hip socket and gave her the option to delay any tests and just rest to see if that would clear it up. She does not want to miss any more of the season if she doesn't have to so she chose to have the MRI done.

I'm a wreck.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#936738 - 04/04/08 08:13 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Walleye Woman
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Prayers from Texas that she will find out the exact cause of the pain, that it can be treated effectively, and that she won't miss any more of her track season.

PS - it ain't silly when it's someone very close to you!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6

Return to Top
#936795 - 04/04/08 09:02 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Quadspapa
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
My prayers are with you and your daughter. God Bless you both.

Return to Top
#936818 - 04/04/08 09:46 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Dlynn58
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Your daughter will be in my prayers. And you too, it's hard on us mom's when our kids are in pain and we can't fix it!

Return to Top
#937097 - 04/07/08 02:06 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter corkygirl
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
She is in my thoughts, too, Marilyn.

Return to Top
#937330 - 04/07/08 05:25 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Retired DQ
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Definately not silly.. prayers from Georgia.

Return to Top
#937437 - 04/07/08 07:19 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Ops
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Thoughts and prayers from Pa!

Return to Top
#937608 - 04/07/08 10:44 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Snow Bunny
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Thank you everyone. My daughter told me yesterday that she has a feeling that her season is over. I guess it is good that she is preparing herself. We went to watch her teammates on Saturday and all she could say was "I want to run." It just breaks my heart.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#937679 - 04/08/08 11:28 AM Re: Prayers for my daughter Walleye Woman
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Oh Marilyn that just breaks my hear to hear. When my oldest son was in high school and ran cross county he developed a health issue that made it impossible for him to run, had to give up cross country and band/jazz band. Your daughters comment brought back the feelings I had at that time and I am so sorry this is happening to you and her. Prayers and {{hugs}} to you both.

Return to Top
#937694 - 04/08/08 12:29 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter corkygirl
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your daughter Marilyn.

Return to Top
#938596 - 04/09/08 03:35 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter P*Q
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Prayers and good thoughts to you and your daughter. Let us know how it went.

Return to Top
#938714 - 04/09/08 04:41 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter pjs
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Prayers for your daughter from Ga. Please let us know what happens.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#938807 - 04/09/08 06:04 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter waldensouth
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Prayers for you all!

Return to Top
#941072 - 04/11/08 09:34 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Snow Bunny
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Update on my daughter. Went in yesterday as scheduled for arithrogram (sp?) MRI. Everything that could go wrong did - tech showed up late for work, needles were contaminated prior to procedure so they had to replace those, dye was spilled on my daughter, x-ray computer went to down during procedure. But to top it all off once they finally got the dye injected into her hip socket and got her into the MRI, the dye dissipated and the pictures did not turn out. So she has to go through the pain of needles once again.

Went back this morning, to have procedure done again and computer is down completely. Now we have to try again for Monday.

The goods news is the doctor said he would insert the needles in a different spot, more directly into the hip this time. Bad news is she can now anticipate the pain.

She may have a tear in the soft tissue of her hip socket and when she twists her hip her femur rubs on the hip socket. They say this is a fairly new diagnosis in the last few years due to the technology and may be the reason many people are developing arthritis in their hips at a much earlier age (50s). Prognosis is no more track for this year and possibly scope surgery on the hip socket.

That is the worst case diagnosis, we're still hoping for pulled muscle but won't know until we can get the MRI done successfully.

Please keep us in your prayers.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#941109 - 04/11/08 10:31 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Walleye Woman
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I am so sorry I missed this thread until now, many thoughts and prayers coming from PA.

As a runner, I understand some of what she is going through. I recently had to rehab a minor injury and it was awful, I can't imagine what she must be going through. I can tell you that the first time she runs pain free after all of this is over she will feel fantastic!

Again, many thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Return to Top
#941134 - 04/12/08 12:58 AM Re: Prayers for my daughter thomasj
Hussam Al-Abed Offline
Platinum Poster
Abu Dhabi / U.A.E
My prayers are with you and your daughter

Return to Top
#941164 - 04/12/08 05:32 AM Re: Prayers for my daughter Hussam Al-Abed
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Marilyn, I think I would be looking for a different hospital to have the tests done. It is terrible that she has to go thru so much pain to find out why she is in pain.

Return to Top
#943690 - 04/16/08 10:36 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter CRAatBOK
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Good news - we finally got the MRI done successfully and there didn't appear to be any damage to the tissue. She does have a "retroverted" hip and this pain could be the beginning of the problem. She does feel better and is able to begin jogging. We do have to go back in tomorrow, the doctor wants to examine her again to rule out anything else.

The bad news is that if it continues to bother her she will need to have surgery. The surgery is not easy and she will be down for several months. Oh well, if it has to be done, it will prevent her from having severe arthritis in her 50's.

Thanks for all your prayers, we have been very comforted by them. It has been a trying week but is getting better.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#944310 - 04/17/08 04:17 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Walleye Woman
kendrar Offline
Gold Star
I will be sure to keep her in my prayers.

Return to Top
#946192 - 04/19/08 02:30 AM Re: Prayers for my daughter kendrar
Blessed Offline
Diamond Poster
Blessed
USA
Prayers from Ohio..... Any update after the doctor's?

Return to Top
#948586 - 04/23/08 10:44 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Blessed
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
They could not find a thing wrong. She is back to running, it only hurts after she stops. She ran in the meet last weekend and had her fastest time ever. That kid has more drive and determination than I have ever had and I have a new respect for her.

The doctor wants her to take the summer off to see if whatever is causing the pain will heal. She is fine with that as long as she can finish out this season.

Now, my son calls Saturday and he hurt himself pole vaulting in a college meet, something about a compression injury. I guess we've been lucky with him. This is his 6th year vaulting and his first injury. It could have been a lot worse.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#948665 - 04/24/08 12:03 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter Walleye Woman
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Marilyn, that is good news on your daughter. At least she can finish the season and then take the summer to completely heal. Is she willing to take the summer off?

So, you get one on the way to healthy only to have your son call!! Sounds like my kind of luck Let's hope his injury isn't too serious.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett