Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 26 of 39 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39
Thread Options
#942911 - 04/16/08 02:10 PM Re: American Idol Jalen
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
David Archuletta: Still don't get it. Why do the judges love him so much? My dream is that he will go home this week, I thought he was awful, but I know he won't even be in the bottom three.

Carly: I actually liked her performance. I do wish she would cut loose a little bit, and agree that's overthinking everything, but I thought it was good.

Syesha: I liked her performance better than I usually do, but am still kind of bored by her overall.

Brooke: She looks like she wants to go home--I think she's homesick or something. I really like her, but Mariah Carey songs do not suit her at all, and her performance suffered.

Kristi: I hate saying this, but her performance was watchable again last night. Two weeks in a row! I still don't want her to win, but at least she seems to be upping her game...

David Cook: Awesome. Nuff said.

Jason Castro: Also awesome. I WANT to be on that beach, at a luau, listening to his music. There's a big market out there for Jack Johnson-type music, and I think he'll be successful with that.

Bottom Three:
My Picks: Brooke, Syesha, David Archuletta
Will Actually Be: Brooke, Carly, Syesha

Going Home: Brooke

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#942917 - 04/16/08 02:13 PM Re: American Idol A_G
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Still not a David A fan. He has a good voice, but I don't like his personality. I think he's too young. Definitely like David Cook and I agree with Randy - He is ready to record NOW!

I thought the weakest was Brooke. I really liked Carly.

Return to Top
#942924 - 04/16/08 02:17 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Madison, you were spot on for me, although I found everyone to be watchable.

Return to Top
#942931 - 04/16/08 02:23 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
my only prob with Cook is sometimes I can't understand what he is singing, and words have meaning, you know.........

that Aggie Castro was hot!!!!

Return to Top
#942936 - 04/16/08 02:27 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I think the problem I have been having with Carly the last couple of weeks is that she seems to have this perpetual scowl on her face. I realize not every song lends itself to putting on your happy face while you are singing it, but I also don't think you have to look so mad about it either.

Return to Top
#942980 - 04/16/08 02:50 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
David Archuletta needs to learn how to breath. He drove me crazy enough at the beginning of the song with how much I heard him breathing that I didn't enjoy any of the song. And then he totally blew the low notes near the end. Combining that with being the only one left who doesn't dress like a star, and you have a losing combination. It's a good thing he's got the teenie bopper girlie vote.

Carly really showed her range and her ability to sing without rocking out. I liked that she showed a different side this week, but it was not at all memorable. She could be going home.

Syesha was great in her upper register, but seemed to have a bit of trouble with the lower notes. She was the first this week to really look the part of a star.

Brooke looked like a star, and took a big risk playing all on her own. This compared to me to when Bo Bice went accapella. She connected to the song, and made it her own, but she just doesn't have the range to do Mariah. I'm looking forward to her album, but this was not a good week for her.

Kristi Lee started out a bit rough, but when she started to belt it out a bit, she took the song over and impressed me. The ending was great, but I think she lost a bit of momentum from the past few weeks.

David Cook continues to prove he has already won the competition. It doesn't matter if he is crowned the American Idol or not. This was the first time tonight I saw something more than just star potential tonight. I saw a star. This could be a hit on the radio right now, and this isn't the first time this season I have said that. He could put full length versions of his peformances this season on a CD and with a couple more tracks, it could go platinum.

Jason Castro is maintaining his momentum. I really liked what he did, and while I can't put my finger on what it was I enjoyed, I found it pleasant.

Winners: David Cook, Jason Castro, Kristi Lee Cook

Riding the middle: Brooke White

Bottom Dwellers: David Archuletta, Carly Smithson, and Syesha

That being said, due to the impact of popularity vs. performance, the bottom three will likely be Carly, Syesha, and Brooke.

Going Home? Carly Smithson

Return to Top
#943011 - 04/16/08 03:11 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Just Peachy Offline
100 Club
Just Peachy
Arkansas
Sorry I posted in the wrong one before. David Cook was awesome!!

Return to Top
#943921 - 04/17/08 12:38 PM Re: American Idol Just Peachy
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Finally!! Kristie is gone!

Return to Top
#943923 - 04/17/08 12:40 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I'm actually very surprised about this, but of course I'm glad I don't have to hear her twang anymore.

Return to Top
#943925 - 04/17/08 12:44 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
She definitely wasn't the weakest this week. Brooke was and should have gone. The bottom two now are Brooke and Sayesha. I think Jason Castro and Carly are the next tier. I don't know where to place David A. I don't care for him, but he can sing. We're hoping David Cook walks away with it.

Return to Top
#943936 - 04/17/08 12:47 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Ops, I was also surprised. Based on this week's performances, I didn't think she would be the one to go.

It seems like every year when it gets down to 7, on the results show, Ryan asks the 7th person to choose which 3 he/she wants to stand with. Why is this always seemingly such a shock to that 7th person??? Have they never watched the show before???

I will admit, I was a little nervous when right off the bat, they separated David C and Jason, because I thought they were the best two this week. Something was going to be really wrong if one of them was in the bottom 3!

Return to Top
#943954 - 04/17/08 12:59 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Didn't get a chance to comment this week - out of town, but while I am surprised Kristy went home, it was inevitable in the next couple weeks anyway. She got better, but her facial expressions when she sings bug me. It's like her eyes must be closed and fluttering to sing, and she looks like she is on the toilet and riding a horse all at the same time the way she stands. I did think Brooke deserved to go home. As much as I like her a lot, her good girl act and her incessant comments while she is judged is grinding on me. And even the way she tried to dramatize the decision last night, telling the audience that they shouldn't assume it's Kristy was bothersome, as was Carly's reaction to being safe and her attempting to have David A. come over to her group.

All in all, I only like David Cook out of all of them. Brooke and Jason bore me (and I have come to the conclusion that Brooke is not as good a piano player as she may think she is). Syesha is just ok. David A. bugs me to death, and I agree with BF on the breathing thing. And while Carly kind of annoys me, she would be my second choice behind David Cook. I though she sounded much better than the judges gave her credit for and she is looking better too. The girl can flat out sing.

Return to Top
#943956 - 04/17/08 01:03 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
CD - I agree that Carly can sing. When she's not trying to compete, she is awesome!

Return to Top
#943958 - 04/17/08 01:04 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Could they have begged the guy who bought her horse to sell it back to her any more? It's bad enough they come right out and ask him to, and then to show her journey as if it is all about giving up that horse and wanting to be able to buy it back... COME ON!

To me, the top two are Brooke and David Cook. Strange that I enjoy both of them so much, and they are so different. The middle of the road to me are Syesha and Jason, with David Archuletta and Carly at the bottom tier.

Return to Top
#943962 - 04/17/08 01:05 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
OK, I didn't make it on here to comment yesterday - so let me lead with: YAY! Kristi's gone!

As for Tuesday night's performances...I can't stand Mariah Carey. She bugs me. I hate her songs. I hate the style of music she sings (I am soooo not a pop person). I LOVED what David Cook did with the one he sang! I caught myself thinking, "Dang, I might like some of this stuff if it was performed like that."

Return to Top
#943976 - 04/17/08 01:10 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
OK, I didn't make it on here to comment yesterday - so let me lead with: YAY! Kristi's gone!

As for Tuesday night's performances...I can't stand Mariah Carey. She bugs me. I hate her songs. I hate the style of music she sings (I am soooo not a pop person). I LOVED what David Cook did with the one he sang! I caught myself thinking, "Dang, I might like some of this stuff if it was performed like that."

I totally agree that Mariah was TERRIBLE last night. Heck, I love Elliot's cd, but he sounded terrible too!

Return to Top
#943986 - 04/17/08 01:15 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
When Blake was on there, he was really bad, too! What's up with that this season?

Return to Top
#944001 - 04/17/08 01:25 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Like I said, I'm glad Kristie's gone.....she should have gone long ago, and if she didn't go last night, it wouldn't be long before she was voted off.

I, too, am weary of Brooke. Nice lady, but her performance is always the same. I got bored with her.

David A --- he can sing, but there's something about him that creeps me out.

Love love love love love David C ---- he's the one to beat, if he can be beaten.

Carly can sing, but personally, I am tired of her style. Every song she sings, she shouts, she belts. I'd really like to see her tone it waaaay down and try a gentler approach. Just because she has a big voice (and she does) doesn't mean that every song has to or needs to be song at 150%.

Jason can go......so can Syesha. I think she'll the next to go.

Next week is Andrew Lloyd Weber --- that should be interesting.

Return to Top
#944025 - 04/17/08 01:39 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Andrew Lloyd Weber week kind of scares me.

Will David Cook do an emo version of "Why so Silent" from Phantom? Or will it be "Jesus Christ Superstar" totally rocked out?

Will Brooke sit at the piano and play Don't Cry for me Argentina, or sit at the piano and play "Tell Me on a Sunday"?

Will Jason grab a banjo and sing us "Magical Mr. Mistofoleas", or play the guitar while singing "Take that Look off your Face"?

Will Carly belt out "Close Every Door", or fight for "Jesus Christ Superstar"?

Will Syesha sing "Memory"?

Will David Archuletta sing "Everybody Loves a Hero"?

How many times will Simon make the comment that a performance is "too broadway"?

Return to Top
#944032 - 04/17/08 01:44 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
good form BF, good form

Weber is prolific and very good at what he does, no?

Return to Top
#944034 - 04/17/08 01:45 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Nice post, BF.

Return to Top
#944056 - 04/17/08 01:50 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
speaking of Jesus...Superstar

this year they have sung quite a few songs tied directly to Christianity, don't you think?

I didn't notice so much in other years.

Return to Top
#944068 - 04/17/08 01:56 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
I'd love to hear David Cook do something from Superstar, but not sure if it is contemporary enough. I think it would appeal more to my generation than the young'uns. (Don't you even think of saying one little thing Pale!)

Return to Top
#944125 - 04/17/08 02:29 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
speaking of Jesus...Superstar

this year they have sung quite a few songs tied directly to Christianity, don't you think?

I didn't notice so much in other years.

I big part of the reason why is the number of successful American Idol to Gospel crossover artists.

Just off the top of my head, Carrie Underwood, RJ Helton, Mandisa, Chris Sligh, and George Huff have all been successful in Christian Rock/Pop-Gospel.

Return to Top
#944130 - 04/17/08 02:33 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
for everyone's benefit, Pooh is much younger than I am, but she has done a lot of research in the 50's and the 60's

heheheheheheeee

Return to Top
Page 26 of 39 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39