Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#950968 - 04/28/08 09:01 PM Found problem when Reviewing Employees Account !
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
We purchased a bank and its 3 branches a few months ago, and I have been taking their account information and putting it into my spread sheet, and as I do this I have done some reviewing to get familiar with the employees. I found an employees who had deposited a $2500.00 check into their account, but the check was made payable to the bank--bells going off. The teller obviously didn't hear any bells going off that this isn't right, because she took the deposit and never got an officer to inital that it was ok to do this. I know I need to write up something and have this employee sign it after the supervisor talks to them, but shouldn't the teller sign this since they did not follow bank policies. Should this be like a repramind to sign, or a written warning. I will still continue to monitor this account very, very closely, but I am new to IA and want to do it correctly. I have copies of the transction in a folder, where I will put the signed document.

Return to Top
Audit
#951881 - 04/30/08 01:53 AM Re: Found problem when Reviewing Employees Account ! Happy Drugs
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"I found an employees who had deposited a $2500.00 check into their account, but the check was made payable to the bank--bells going off."

The employee deposited it into thier own account? What was the check for and where did it come from? Sounds like possible fraud to me. If so, file a SAR and fire the employee.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z