Learn More - Click Here!

Page 30 of 39 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 38 39
Thread Options
#952018 - 04/30/08 01:46 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Paula almost had me convinced I had lost my mind and that I had missed the entire 2nd round of songs! That woman is a total train-wreck!!!!

David Cook babyyyyyyy...he's going all the way!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#952025 - 04/30/08 01:48 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
Have they changed anything on the voting?

I think you may have had an easier time getting through last night because each contestant had two phone lines to which you could call to place your vote.

Keep voting for David Cook, Hoosier. He has a bunch of family in Indiana.

Return to Top
#952034 - 04/30/08 01:52 PM Re: American Idol grmasterb
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
David Cook: Already the winner, IMO.

David Archuleta: To me he sounds like a contemporary Christian artist. I can't see him selling a lot of mainstream records.

Sayesha: She's definitely stepped up her game. BTW, did anyone else notice that Paula referred to her as "Brooke" when judging her after the second song? It was somewhat obscured by the audience clapping.

Brooke: Her rendition of "I'm A Believer" was terrible. It was, as Simon would say, "bad karaoke."

Jason: His voice just isn't strong enough for Neil Diamond songs. I can see him performing in Hawaii with a ukulele in hand, but that's about it.

Return to Top
#952036 - 04/30/08 01:54 PM Re: American Idol grmasterb
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: grmasterb
Jason: His voice just isn't strong enough for Neil Diamond songs...

I thought the same thing, bit for all of them... they all seem to lack the passion and strength he puts into each song... they all seemed so weak and wimpy.

Return to Top
#952051 - 04/30/08 02:10 PM Re: American Idol grmasterb
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
David Archuleta: To me he sounds like a contemporary Christian artist.

EXACTLY. David A belongs on the Christian Rock circuit, Sayesha belongs on Broadway (or just off Broadway or maybe on a TV show like Fame), Brooke belongs in a Piano Bar, Jason belongs living in a van with smoke pouring out of it when he isn't sitting barefoot on the boardwalk on Mailbu Beach with a guitar case open hoping in-line skaters stop to throw a dollar in the case, and David Cook belongs on the stage doing what he does.

Return to Top
#952059 - 04/30/08 02:21 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Originally Posted By: CubDave

EXACTLY. David A belongs on the Christian Rock circuit, Sayesha belongs on Broadway (or just off Broadway or maybe on a TV show like Fame), Brooke belongs in a Piano Bar, Jason belongs living in a van with smoke pouring out of it when he isn't sitting barefoot on the boardwalk on Mailbu Beach with a guitar case open hoping in-line skaters stop to throw a dollar in the case, and David Cook belongs on the stage doing what he does.

Too funny........I had to Hoark at the images -- all too true.

Return to Top
#952073 - 04/30/08 02:36 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
David Archuletta doesn't fit Christian Rock to me. Honestly, I can see David Cook there more than Archuletta.

Return to Top
#952093 - 04/30/08 02:53 PM Re: American Idol B_F
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
David Archuletta doesn't fit Christian Rock to me. Honestly, I can see David Cook there more than Archuletta.

NO! They can't have him! He belongs on a secular stage clad in black leather where the rest of us can drool over him while he sings traditional dirty, growl-y rock songs!

Return to Top
#952094 - 04/30/08 02:54 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Contemporary Christian, yes.. Christian rock, no. That boy should NEVER be in the same group with Third Day. I ♥ Mac Powell. Boo, David A.

I'm ready to see Brooke gone. She's on my nerves now. Her last good performance for me was Let it Be. Now I'm just tired of her. I thought her clothes last night were awful, too.

David C's 2nd & Syesha were my faves. Down with the rest.

Return to Top
#952185 - 04/30/08 03:51 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
The Aggies were voting like crazy here last night, I agree Castro has no professional singing background and experience and up until 6 months ago was just a drummer in a cross over Christian band (I think)

but you can't count the Aggie family out on this voting thing, they treat each other like family and they are maniacal about supporting each other, so its going to be tough to get rid of Jason

Return to Top
#952201 - 04/30/08 04:06 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I supported Jason until last week. When he was yawning and acting stupid I just didn't care about him anymore.

I'd like to see him belt out a song but I suppose he doesn't have it in him.

That Aggie can go home.

Return to Top
#952326 - 04/30/08 05:38 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted By: CubDave

Amen Cubby! Couldn't agree more but almost lost my soup on the screen with the Jason/Van comment. I was not able to see last night but did DVR it so I will watch it tonight.

RE: Neil Diamond, hubby got me tix to see him at Fenway Park (where the Red Sox play) in August for Mothers Day!! YEAH!!!!

Return to Top
#952365 - 04/30/08 06:15 PM Re: American Idol P*Q
travelgirl Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
I agree with all of the previous posts. It's getting boring and I'm losing interest quickly. Guess I should turn off the tv a few weeks early and start enjoying the spring weather (well if we ever get any spring weather!)

David C is the one to beat for sure!!! Although he might be better off taking 2nd or 3rd (Like Chris Daughtry) so he has more freedom to go after record deals and do his own thing right away (after the summer AI tour that is). I think the winners have to play by AI rules/contracts for a time after winning.

Return to Top
#952386 - 04/30/08 06:36 PM Re: American Idol travelgirl
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Hubby said David C already had a CD out and it was selling like hotcakes. AI made them take it off the market.

Return to Top
#952461 - 04/30/08 07:26 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
David Cook does have a CD out, and it is selling like CrAzY!

You can get it on eBay if you're willing to spend $139.95

Ok, I listened to the music on myspace and they had some talent. It's amazing how many bands that have talent don't make it.

Axium
Last edited by Bengalsfan; 04/30/08 07:46 PM.
Return to Top
#952649 - 05/01/08 02:28 AM Re: American Idol B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
the Aggies turned out the vote, Syesha may be next whatever they sing next week (which I think is classic Rock or something like that)

Return to Top
#952657 - 05/01/08 03:43 AM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
But Pale - Jason is not very good. Is Syesha an "American Idol"? No - but she'll be great on Broadway. Is David A an AI - No, but the teeny-boppers like him - he has a good voice, but he's not a Pop-Idol-Star. David Cook is the closest thing there to Kelly Clarkson, and is marketable Now. Jason would be another Taylor Hicks - a flash-in-the-pan who never makes it.

Return to Top
#952667 - 05/01/08 11:57 AM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I can't believe Jason escaped the bottom two. Happy that Brooke went home though.

Return to Top
#952673 - 05/01/08 12:07 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
I noticed one thing that I'm wondering if anyone else did. When Brooke sang after the elimination, she finally had the emotion and feeling in her voice that you expect in a Neil Diamond song. There was that raspiness and deep feeling. If she had done that sooner, maybe she wouldn't have been there. Jason Castro is just too, too full of himself. He EXPECTS not to be at the bottom. Someone has to smack that boy down!

Return to Top
#952706 - 05/01/08 01:00 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Pooh, I agree about Jason. He is WAY too smug. And he doesn't appear to have the work ethic to actually succeed in the music business (or, debatably, any business at all!).

Return to Top
#952719 - 05/01/08 01:15 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Pooh, I agree about Jason. He is WAY too smug. And he doesn't appear to have the work ethic to actually succeed in the music business (or, debatably, any business at all!).

He'd make a good dope dealer out of his van...

Return to Top
#952726 - 05/01/08 01:24 PM Re: American Idol B_F
A_G Offline
10K Club
Did anyone notice that after Natasha B. sang that when she walked to the contestants and said "I just have to say hi to David (or whatever she said) - David Cook stood up?? I think he thought she meant him...

Haha...I hope he felt like a total tool.

Return to Top
#952727 - 05/01/08 01:25 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

He'd make a good dope dealer out of his van...

Ron wouldn't approve of the competition.

Return to Top
#952758 - 05/01/08 02:02 PM Re: American Idol Peepers
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
:clears throat::

now look! by all accounts Castro grew up being a polite goofy kid; he is not a dope head as some have alluded to. he takes his faith very seriously.

He and his younger brother are Aggies; they don't lie cheat or steal and don't tolerate anyone who does.

Again, he is the only one of the top 5 that has not had a recording contract and has not had technical training to be a solo artist.

He is what he is; so stop being so cynical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#952761 - 05/01/08 02:05 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I still like Jason Castro. He's on YouTube singing Santeria, and I *love* it. Sublime is right up his alley.

Return to Top
Page 30 of 39 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 38 39