Learn More - Click Here!

Page 28 of 55 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 54 55
Thread Options
#951574 - 04/29/08 06:42 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars CLMoore
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Cheryl Burke said she heard something pop when they were dancing and she thought at first that it was her dress. There has not been any official statement from the show, and I'm thinking that they won't say anything about Cristian until tonight.

I didn't care for that paso doble - I'm not a football fan, so I had no idea what that music was! Edyta did that superman dance with whatshisname from All My Children last season. Now that was a great paso!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#951795 - 04/29/08 10:06 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars califgirl
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I liked that paso doble last night. I started laughing when I heard the music and thought it was appropriate for Jason. My hubby came home about half way thru and knew right away who was dancing when he heard the music.

It hurt to watch Christian last night, I hope he's ok.

Return to Top
#951947 - 04/30/08 12:53 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars corkygirl
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Did anyone watch the results show last night? I thought for sure Christian would bow out or be eliminated. I am not surprised that Shannon Elizabeth does not have a fan base that watches this show. What a surprise that she cried.

Return to Top
#952324 - 04/30/08 05:36 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Dazed Auditor
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
I'm surprised his Dr told him it was OK to keep dancing with that kind of injury. Sounds a little risky to me. I thought for sure he would have to drop out.

It was time for Shannon to go. She just is not at the same level as the others.

Return to Top
#952725 - 05/01/08 01:24 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars califgirl
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
I saw on TV yesterday that Christian will be haivng surgery after he is voted off whenever that happens but he intends to continue dancing until then. I can't see how he will do that and dance well but he may get a lot of sympathy votes.

Yes Shannon was the logical one to go this week. Marissa is really surprising me and may last longer than some of the others.

Return to Top
#952764 - 05/01/08 02:06 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I guess there aren't a lot of men voting

Return to Top
#952787 - 05/01/08 02:17 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Pale Rider
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I think Cristian will be next to go. Two lifts have been added this week and I don't see how he's going to be able to do any. Not to mention, Cheryl's going to have to choreograph the dance so he can use his right arm for everything. He couldn't even hold her hand with his injured left arm. That's not going to get better till after the surgery.

Out on a limb here, but I say, Cristian and Mario are the next to go.
Marissa, Kristi and Jason in the finals.
Kristi to win.
Last edited by Truffle Royale; 05/01/08 02:18 PM.
Return to Top
#953003 - 05/01/08 04:50 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Pale Rider
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I guess there aren't a lot of men voting

Spoken like a true man. You sound just like my husband.

Return to Top
#953008 - 05/01/08 04:52 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Truffle Royale
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
I think Cristian will be next to go. Two lifts have been added this week and I don't see how he's going to be able to do any. Not to mention, Cheryl's going to have to choreograph the dance so he can use his right arm for everything. He couldn't even hold her hand with his injured left arm. That's not going to get better till after the surgery.

Out on a limb here, but I say, Cristian and Mario are the next to go.
Marissa, Kristi and Jason in the finals.
Kristi to win.

I also feel Cristian will be going just because he can't lift. Its really too bad because he was a contender and the dance started out well.

Not sure who I would pick as the third but Jason and Kristi will be the final two. Kristi is the better dancer as far as I am concerned but I think it is going to come down to who has the most fans.

Return to Top
#954335 - 05/05/08 03:48 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Has anyone heard anything more on Cristian? Do you think he will be able to dance this week?

Return to Top
#954338 - 05/05/08 03:51 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
He separated a ligament or tendon from his bicep. From what I heard, he's going to dance, but he's only going to use one arm.

Return to Top
#954343 - 05/05/08 03:58 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ops
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
That will be really tough since they are allowed to do lifts this week. He could be the next to go unless he gets a lot of sympathy votes.

Return to Top
#954392 - 05/05/08 04:49 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
No sympathy votes from me. Seriously, I think it's stupid for him to go on. This isn't a stubbed toe kind of injury. Besides, it's Dancing with the Stars for goodness sake. They're going for a disco ball trophy not an Olympic Gold Medal.

Return to Top
#954471 - 05/05/08 06:03 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Truffle Royale
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
I agree. Why would you risk it when it isn't likely that he would have won anyway.

Return to Top
#954490 - 05/05/08 06:21 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
Not only that but he may have taken the place from someone else that would have been able to give their 100% - I just don't think it's fair that they allowed him to stay on

Return to Top
#954739 - 05/06/08 01:35 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars Little Miss BSA
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
ok, I lied. He got me tonight. Not to mention, Cheryl is one heck of a choreographer! He gave 100%+ tonight and I was impressed. I only saw bits and pieces of the others but somehow the two times I walked back into the room, he was dancing. Nice lifts too. Mario or Marissa goes tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all the return dancers. But even more, seeing the judges top 10 dances from all the seasons.

Return to Top
#954757 - 05/06/08 11:51 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars Truffle Royale
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Yes, Cristian was impressive. He did a wonderful job. and you're right, Cheryl did a wonderful job with the choreography. I don't think he will need or get sympathy votes.

I hope marissa goes. She presents herself well but I just can't get too excited about her dancing. But I am guessing that Mario will go not her.

Yea, I am excited about the return dancers etc also.

Return to Top
#954839 - 05/06/08 02:07 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
On GMA this morning, Chris Cuomo did the same lift Cristian did in his Latin dance last night. He doesn't dance at all and did it to illustrate the point that the lift was all Cheryl. There's an assistant on GMA who's a dancer and she showed him how basically, all Cristian had to do was 'be a table' for Cheryl and keep his bad arm out of the way. Cristian's lucky he has such a great partner to make him look good after his injury.

Return to Top
#954849 - 05/06/08 02:14 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Truffle Royale
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
vassals make good tables when the Queens get together on their convocation, ..........................just sayin'

Return to Top
#954859 - 05/06/08 02:23 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Pale Rider
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
What happened to Kristi? She has fallen from grace with the judges?

Return to Top
#954959 - 05/06/08 03:36 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Nanwa
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
I don't know. They haven't liked her dances the last two weeks. I thought they were great but obviously I don't know what they are looking at. Maybe they are trying to even the playing field but I am concerned that she is going to be voted off. That's what happened to Serena last season. They gave her low marks one week even though the juidges had picked her to be a finalist and she was gone that week.

Return to Top
#955144 - 05/06/08 07:12 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
I do think the judges try to use the scoring to build drama. I also think Carrie Ann is harder on Kristi than the other stars. She told Marrisa to watch Kristi to see how to do the pepper pot spin but then gave her the same score as she gave Kristi. Samantha Harris sure does love bringing up how Sabrina got voted out.

In the finals the judges seem to usually give the dancers about the same scores so that it is the viewers who decide who the winner is. If Kristi gets voted out now, she was never going to win.

Return to Top
#955146 - 05/06/08 07:18 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
CLMoore Offline
New Poster
Georgia
I am surprised that we are seeing such low scores so late in the season. The past couple of seasons, by this point in the competition there have been a lot more 10's. I can't decide if the judges are being tougher or the dancers just aren't quite as good.

Return to Top
#955473 - 05/07/08 02:36 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars CLMoore
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Last night's shows were fun to watch. It was enjoyable to see the former stars and champions. I'm not sure I agree with the top 10 dances of all the seasons but it was fun to see those great dances again. I didn't watch the first season but Kelly's dance that they showed did not impress me at all. It looks like the dancers have gotten better as the seasons have rolled on. Also can anyone explain to me why Stacy Keebler did not beat Drew Lachey? I started watching mid-season of that season but did not see the final show. She was very impressive to watch and looked to be every bit as good as the professional women.

And I felt bad for Mario although I figured he would be the one to go. I have to think that Marissa will go next (or at least she should) unless Chritian's arm slows him down next week.

Return to Top
#956241 - 05/08/08 07:47 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars Ready to Retire
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
I can't believe no one else had comments on Tuesday's show. Didn't anyone watch?

Return to Top
Page 28 of 55 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 54 55