BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 16 of 39 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 38 39
Thread Options
#925633 - 03/19/08 12:47 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
A_G Offline
10K Club
Agreed.

I also like Carly and that Blackbird song she sang.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#925645 - 03/19/08 01:04 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Only saw the first hour (had to switch over to Big Brother).

I think David C. is my favorite right now.

Return to Top
#925647 - 03/19/08 01:06 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
I only saw bits and pieces, but Michael Johns ruined A Day In The Life (one of my favorites). I didn't care for several of the other versions. David Cook I thought was great.

Return to Top
#925677 - 03/19/08 01:28 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I loved: David C., Carly, Brooke, Syesha, Jason

I loathed: Ramelie, Michael Johns, Kristy

I'm indifferent on: Amanda & Chikezie

I'm bored with: David A.

I'm hoping Kristy gets the boot.

Return to Top
#925679 - 03/19/08 01:31 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
I too liked David Cook - he's by far my favorite.

I really don't get David A and can't stand Kristy Lee - she really needs to go.

I predict Cook will go about #3 - I think he'll do better if he doesn't win - just like Chris Daughtry.

Return to Top
#925680 - 03/19/08 01:32 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
David A will most likely be carried along by the teenie-bopper votes. He was very good last night, but I am getting tired of that ah-gee, sweet young thing, personality.

Is Brooke the one from Ireland? If so, she was very good.

Return to Top
#925682 - 03/19/08 01:33 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Carly's from Ireland, Pooh.

Return to Top
#925683 - 03/19/08 01:35 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Leia - my husband and I said last night that he will most likely be like Chris Daughtry. He is already a performer and could go tour immediately.

Return to Top
#925686 - 03/19/08 01:36 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
A_G Offline
10K Club
On the website her hometown says San Diego?? Clearly she's not from SD.

Return to Top
#925691 - 03/19/08 01:38 PM Re: American Idol Ops
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I liked Amanda. Predictable, yes, but I liked her honesty about it. I'm still very aware that the first time she actually has to SING a song, she will suck.

I also kind of liked Chikezie. Definitely don't think that performance should be the one to send him home. The harmonica seemed out of place, but I can see the temptation to try an instrument when so many others have. Bet he won't do it again

Syesha did surprisingly well last night. Hope she keeps it up. Still don't think she'll win, but at least she's interesting again.

David Cook was good (he didn't do the talk box well, though, and shouldn't have put it in there), Carly was good, Jason was good (just because he's so darn cute ), and Brooke kinda sucked but seemed genuinely sorry about it, so I'll give her a pass.

I didn't hate Michael Johns as much as the judges and/or the rest of you. I kind of thought it was interesting, and that he did the best he could with that song-it's just not one you can make into a minute and a half, and he probably didn't realize it until it was too late and had to go with it.

I, too, am bored with David A. He's good, but...something's missing. Ramiele is the same for me.

Kristi Lee Cook has to go. Now.

Return to Top
#925692 - 03/19/08 01:38 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I totally agree that extending the theme a second week was a HUGE mistake.

Amanda Over should be Over! She thinks she's already won, and is already trying to sell tickets. She's arrogant, cocky, and frankly I dislike her even more than before. Her one trick pony needs to be turned into glue.

Kristi Lee Cook failed to impress, yet again. She was better, but just not good enough to be in this competition. I can no longer give her a pass because she's the only country singer left, or because she got sick. Time to go, Kristi Lee.

David Archuletta was ok. I'm sorry, but I expect more from him, and he did not deliver last night. It was good, but I feel like he's lost his confidence and his purity. However, he's going nowhere because when he was performing I was reminded of the Beatles. Not by his singing, but by the reaction of the pre-teen and teen girls in the crowd. One thing needs to be said.... OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!

Michael Johns was bad. He picked the wrong song, and while I understand why, it was a mistake of epic proportions. The arrangement was choppy and didn't work. He'd better improve. I had high hopes for him during auditions, but it seems like we saw his best work then instead of now when it really counts.

Brooke White has an infectious smile and a great personality. I love the rasp in her voice, and every week she has left me wanting more. I love the way she accepts criticism and understands that she can improve. HOWEVER, last night was a failure. She is so much better than what we heard, and I was disappointed in her performance. She's still one of my favorites to win it all though.

David Cook is going to make it to the top three. I loved the fact that before he sang, he gave credit where credit was due to Whitesnake. He's unique, and he can certainly play the guitar. Was this his best? No. Is he good enough? Yes.

Carly, Carly Carly. What did you do to the tempo and melody of one of my favorite songs? It did not work. Sure, her voice has great tone, but it was a bad performance.

Jason Castro really needs to blow it out. He looked like he had fun, and I'm sure every woman named Michelle was excited dreaming of him singing that song to her, but he didn't connect with the song. I TOTALLY agreed with Simon that Jason's prettyboy face sold the song more than the singing of it.

Syesha was one of the better ones last night. I loved the dress. She started rough, but when she blew it out, it improved, and overall was quite good and she DID connect to the song and bring the emotion of it through.

Chikeze, in my opinion, was the best again last night, and that's two in a row from someone I thought would be gone early in this competition. He was solid, and showed great range. Ok, so he can't play the harmonica, but we knew that, and I saw it as poking fun at himself by indulging in doing it.

Ramielle disappointed again. It was better, but she needs to sing songs where she can show the power of her voice and the purity she has when she really blows it out. Not good enough, again.

Bottom Three should be: Amanda, Kristi Lee, and Michael Johns.

Return to Top
#925705 - 03/19/08 01:47 PM Re: American Idol B_F
A_G Offline
10K Club
BF, I love reading your reviews!

Thanks!

Return to Top
#925708 - 03/19/08 01:48 PM Re: American Idol A_G
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: AuditGuy
BF, I love reading your reviews!

Thanks!

lol I take notes while I'm watching Thanks for the kudos.

Return to Top
#925711 - 03/19/08 01:51 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Do you take notes during BB too?

Return to Top
#925712 - 03/19/08 01:52 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Ms. Biscuit
Do you take notes during BB too?

NOpe, like I said, BB lost out yesterday. I just don't get into it as much.

Return to Top
#925714 - 03/19/08 01:54 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Jalen Offline
Gold Star
Jalen
Somewhere on 2 wheels
"Jason Castro really needs to blow it out"

I agree because he is holding onto that dooby way too long. I swear he acts stoned.

Return to Top
#925717 - 03/19/08 01:56 PM Re: American Idol Jalen
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
I like J.C. ( ) but I didn't get to see his performance last night. He IS a rather "relaxed dude" huh?
Last edited by Ms. Biscuit; 03/19/08 01:57 PM.
Return to Top
#925722 - 03/19/08 01:58 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I like that Jason's so laid back.. I told my husband I just wanna invite him over to play cards. (And looking at him wouldn't be so bad, either!)

Return to Top
#925728 - 03/19/08 02:02 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Totally disappointed with last night, and while it was a mistake to do Beatles again, that's no excuse. Although I think in fairness to the singers, they should have opportunities much earlier to seing contemporary songs. They have now had to sing 70s, 80s and 2 Beatles weeks. My take on last night:

Amanda - Didn't hate it, but for her to call ballads boring proves she has only one skill - not good enough at all.

Kristi Lee Cook - hated it. She is just so uninspiring as a singer.

David Archuletta - just ok for me. I was surprised Simon was so flattering.

Michael Johns - he is blowing it big time.

Brooke White - corny corny corny. Should never have sang the "doo doo doo doo" part. Wrong song!

David Cook - loved it. The guys rocks, I just hope he doesn't get a big head. I thought Simon's comments that it wasn't as good as he thought was dead on. He could have left the weird sound effect at home.

Carly - Disagree with BF. I am not a humungous fan, but vocally, I thought she was excellent last night.

Jason Castro - very disappointed. That is not a song you smile like a goof to while you're singing. He sounded like he was just going thru the song. The comments that he did not connect were spot on.

Syesha - Not a fan, but she was ayight last night.

Chikeze - aside from David Cook and Brooke, he is my other favorite, and simply because he is entertaining and fun to watch, unlike most of them last night.

Ramielle - she may be the biggest victim of having to sing songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s. I hope she sticks around long enough to get to sing current songs. My biggest problem with her last night was that the music was horrible. It flattened out at the end of almost every line instead of following how the original went. Simon was correct - the track was bad.

My bottom 3: Kristi, Ramielle, and Amanda. Going home - hopefully, Kristi.

Return to Top
#925740 - 03/19/08 02:10 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Hmmm, I'm pretty much in agreement with Cubby, with the exception of Amanda. I just don't get her. She sounds like she's screeching all the time.

Brooke dances about as well as I do She should NEVER move around on stage.

I think my top 2 are Cook & Carly. I don't like anyone else enough to have a 3 - used to be Michael Johns, but he continues to crash & burn.

And I hope to NOT hear a Beetles/McCartney/Lennon song for a while!

Return to Top
#925756 - 03/19/08 02:28 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I'm with Leia on the top two - definitely David C. and Carly. Amanda sucks - who does she think she is, Elvis? Kristi looks lost on stage, Ramiele is not doing her voice justice, Chikeze is just goofy, Jason annoys me, Sayesha is OK, Michael Johns is cracking under pressure, and David A. (Ballad Boy) is unbelieveably boring.

Return to Top
#925761 - 03/19/08 02:34 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Princess Leia
Hmmm, I'm pretty much in agreement with Cubby, with the exception of Amanda. I just don't get her. She sounds like she's screeching all the time.

Brooke dances about as well as I do She should NEVER move around on stage.

I think my top 2 are Cook & Carly. I don't like anyone else enough to have a 3 - used to be Michael Johns, but he continues to crash & burn.

And I hope to NOT hear a Beetles/McCartney/Lennon song for a while!

lol I was going to buy a best of CD, but after last night, I don't want it any more.

Return to Top
#925769 - 03/19/08 02:39 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
I found it funny that even Simon acknowledged that 2 weeks of it was not a good idea!

Have they said what next week's theme is?

Return to Top
#925770 - 03/19/08 02:40 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Princess Leia
I found it funny that even Simon acknowledged that 2 weeks of it was not a good idea!

Have they said what next week's theme is?

I heard it was Paul McCartney and Wings!

Return to Top
#925778 - 03/19/08 02:45 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
For me, Amanda is definitely a one trick pony -- same, same, same. Gotta go, but not this week. Krisi is awful and needs to go -- now! Ramiele and Sayesha are boring, so is David A -- yuck! Another one dimensional singer is Brooke -- nice voice, but same songs, same style every time. When they do Rock and Roll it should be interesting to see what she does. Jason is another one -- same, same, same. Chikeze is interesting, but won't win. David C and Carly are by far and away the best.

I would think that they would have someone who could give them more guidance or advice on song selection. For the most part, they are picking the wrong songs. From a selection as large as the Beatles/Lennon/McCartney most of them should have picked a better song for their style. What on earth are they thinking???

Return to Top
Page 16 of 39 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 38 39