Learn More - Click Here!

Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39
Thread Options
#951495 - 04/29/08 05:20 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I'm thinking Red Red Wine may be for Jason Castro.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#951513 - 04/29/08 05:42 PM Re: American Idol Ops
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
When did Neil Diamond do Red Red Wine?

Return to Top
#951516 - 04/29/08 05:48 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia

Return to Top
#951529 - 04/29/08 05:58 PM Re: American Idol Ops
GLKS Offline
Gold Star
David Cook - Love on the Rocks or Desiree
Jason Castro - Song Sung Blue or Crunchy Granola Suite
Brooke - Hello Again or September Morn
Syesha - You Don't Bring Me Flowers or Beautiful Noise
David A - I Am, I Said or Brooklyn Roads

OK, I love Neil. One thing is for certain, if they don't want to get blasted by Simon or Randy, no one should touch Sweet Caroline with a ten foot pole.

Return to Top
#951534 - 04/29/08 06:05 PM Re: American Idol GLKS
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I honestly believe that David Cook could do a rendition of Sweet Caroline that could be on alternative rock stations today if he put his mind to it.

Edit: Yes, I did mean David Cook. I think Jason Castro could do a really sullen, boring version of Sweet Caroline.
Last edited by Bengalsfan; 04/29/08 06:35 PM.
Return to Top
#951539 - 04/29/08 06:07 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
BF, I think ya may mean David Cook.

Return to Top
#951565 - 04/29/08 06:35 PM Re: American Idol Ops
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
In many of her exit interviews, Carly said she was going to sing Sweet Caroline, so I guess I'm not expecting it from anyone tonight...

Return to Top
#951584 - 04/29/08 07:02 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
Archie is going to do Heartlight.
Jason will do either Cracklin Rose or Red Red Wine
David Cook will rock out Solitary Man
Brooke will pout her way through Play Me
Syesha will sing Coming to America

Return to Top
#951586 - 04/29/08 07:05 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
GLKS Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: CelticsPride

Good choice. Another could be Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon

Return to Top
#951589 - 04/29/08 07:08 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
I honestly believe that David Cook could do a rendition of Sweet Caroline that could be on alternative rock stations today if he put his mind to it.

Edit: Yes, I did mean David Cook. I think Jason Castro could do a really sullen, boring version of Sweet Caroline.

Agreed!

Return to Top
#951594 - 04/29/08 07:13 PM Re: American Idol GLKS
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: harty
Originally Posted By: CelticsPride

Good choice. Another could be Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon

I can totally see him doing the version from a few years back (Pulp Fiction Soundtrack-I think it was Urge Overkill?).

I think Archie will do 'Coming to America', and I think I will throw something at the TV.

Castro will probably do 'Cracklin Rosie' or 'Forever in Blue Jeans', and I'll probably enjoy it.

Whatever Syesha sings will bore me.

Brooke will look, again, like she's about to have a nervous breakdown. Probably after singing 'Heartlight'.

Return to Top
#951680 - 04/29/08 08:22 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
pretty funny Cali!

shoot, I got my mentors mixed up, I was thinking Gordon Lightfoot and was looking forward to the Edmund Fitzgerald

its not easy being old!

Return to Top
#951884 - 04/30/08 02:01 AM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
WTF was Paula dribbling on about? I nearly died laughing when she was talking about Jason's second song after the first round. She's a train wreck!!

Return to Top
#951893 - 04/30/08 02:52 AM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
OMG!!! Why did no one stop her sooner???

But in reagrds to the songs, 10 perfectly good songs ruined tonight.

Return to Top
#951926 - 04/30/08 12:13 PM Re: American Idol #Just Jay
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I hated Jason, Brooke, and David A., both songs for each of them. I thought Syesha was okay, and enjoyed David Cook but didn't think it was his best, maybe because I wasn't familiar with the songs he chose.

And, I agree, why did no one stop Paula sooner???

Return to Top
#951948 - 04/30/08 12:54 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Last night was terrible. Everything was rushed, the songs were too short, and Paula was ... Paula.

Jason needs to go - he may as well just sing the same song every week.

Brooke's first song was so cheesy, and the guitar did not fit the song. I actually enjoyed her second song very much, but again, it was too short.

David A. is a big dork and I don't get why Randy likes him so much.

I enjoyed Sayesha very much - I agree with Paula (gasp) that when she doesn't try to "Whitney" every song, she has a very nice tone to her voice. In my opinion, she is the second best of the remaining 5.

David Cook - I really thought his second song was great. Didn't matter that he chose obscure songs. First one was just ayight.

This season started out so promising and frankly, it is a bit disappointing right now. I think I read somewhere where Simon said there is no personality this year, and I agree 1000%.

I really think AI needs to rethink the mentor thing. The fact that all the mentors just happen to have a new CD coming out is bad enough, but I don't like that they have to sing a specific artist's song. Let them get creative and choose what they want. I was thinking the other day. How cool would it be if at least for one week, they had 1 week to write and produce their own song and then perform it.

Return to Top
#951959 - 04/30/08 01:10 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
That's why I didn't understand the whole show last night. Couldn't figure out where the second song was but I was doing a bunch of things and not paying attention to the show.
I didn't see what Paula did, but week after week she has me ready to hurl.

I agree with Cubdave- there are no personalities on that show.
Yeah, I imagine David Cook should win. Call it a season and send everyone home. The show isn't enjoyable to watch anymore.

Return to Top
#951962 - 04/30/08 01:11 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
CubDave, I agree with you that Jason needs to go; David A gives me the creeps, and Brooke is a nothing. Loved Syesha and David C -- both were very very good last night. I still think David C is the one to beat, with Syesha a very close second.

The other three can leave any time, in any order......

Return to Top
#951978 - 04/30/08 01:24 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
David Cook is the one to beat. I agree that Syesha is now second. She has really improved the last few weeks. Archie is robosinger. He has a good voice but there is no feeling. Plus he looks scared or in pain every time he sings. Brooke at least didn't pout this week. As for Jason, he will have a great career in stoner movies.

Brooke goes home this week.

Return to Top
#951983 - 04/30/08 01:28 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I didn't understand why Simon said Syesha is the one in trouble this week. She was certainly better than Jason and Brooke, and arguably better than David A.

It is finally far enough in the competition that I voted for the first time last night. I got through immediately and repeatedly for David Cook, which concerned me a little bit. In previous years when I have voted, I have had to endure a lot of busy signals. Have they changed anything on the voting?

Return to Top
#951985 - 04/30/08 01:29 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: CubDave
Last night was terrible. Everything was rushed, the songs were too short, and Paula was ... Paula.

Jason needs to go - he may as well just sing the same song every week.

Brooke's first song was so cheesy, and the guitar did not fit the song. I actually enjoyed her second song very much, but again, it was too short.

David A. is a big dork and I don't get why Randy likes him so much.

I enjoyed Sayesha very much - I agree with Paula (gasp) that when she doesn't try to "Whitney" every song, she has a very nice tone to her voice. In my opinion, she is the second best of the remaining 5.

David Cook - I really thought his second song was great. Didn't matter that he chose obscure songs. First one was just ayight.

Thanks Dave. This week, I'll just say DITTO!

In my opinion, the ONLY person who should be safe this week is David Cook, and only on the strength of his second song.

Return to Top
#951993 - 04/30/08 01:33 PM Re: American Idol B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Cancel the show now, declare Cook the winner, send Syesha to broadway, and send the rest packing.

Return to Top
#952009 - 04/30/08 01:39 PM Re: American Idol #Just Jay
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
The sad thing is, I was very excited to hear Neil Diamond songs. There was so much potential there, and I think rushing them through two different 2 minute songs instead of letting them have 3 or 4 minutes for each song ruined it all.

Return to Top
#952012 - 04/30/08 01:41 PM Re: American Idol #Just Jay
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I missed most of the first round, but I'm not a fan of Neil Diamond so I can't say it hurt my feelings. From what I saw, the next three to leave should be 1. Jason, 2. Brooke, 3. David A. with Sayesha and David C. doing the finale. My $ is on David C. to win. Like I said - I'm not a Neil D. fan so I didn't know ANY of the songs last night (though I did recognize Sweet Caroline <puke> and I Am, I Said), so I had no prejudice as to how they ~should~ sound. I simply didn't like any of them except David C's second one. That rocked!

Return to Top
#952016 - 04/30/08 01:43 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
CubDave, I agree about the mentors this year. While they have chosen very talented people, it seems much more like a vehicle for them to promote their new CDs than it has in the past. I remember last year, on "country" week it was Martina McBride. I don't recall if she had a new CD coming out at the time, but I do recall that they still were able to sing ANY country song, not just Martina's songs.

Maybe this year the difference is the mentors are songwriters (as well as, in most cases, performers) versus strictly performers as some have been in the past.

Return to Top
Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39