Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#955507 - 05/07/08 03:10 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Imagine
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
nah never cute and funny always militaristic..

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#955510 - 05/07/08 03:13 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? kms
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
and unfeeling

Return to Top
#955513 - 05/07/08 03:16 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? kms
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: kms
and unfeeling

But, I thought you were also a twit???

Return to Top
#955516 - 05/07/08 03:17 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Bimmer
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
And a M I L, oh never mind.

Return to Top
#955519 - 05/07/08 03:22 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Blade Scrapper
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
oh all of the above, just not a very good person in general. Probably why I am single...What do you think Match.com or eHarmony?

Return to Top
#955522 - 05/07/08 03:27 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Imagine
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Imagine
She wins 2 more "base" states for her (white, blue collar) and he wins his and locks up the pledged delegate win (Oregon). They end it right after 5/20, and the talks of VPOTUS HRC begin.

So, WV and KY are some more of those bitter rural uneducated types eh? Hanging on to their guns, church and bigoted ways. The superdelegates need to override these poor smucks.

Return to Top
#955523 - 05/07/08 03:29 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? *DELETED* Pale Rider
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Post deleted by Imagine

Return to Top
#955526 - 05/07/08 03:32 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Imagine
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Would HRC want to be VP? She's already done it once. I get the impression that she wants to be the alpha male.

Return to Top
#955592 - 05/07/08 05:18 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? kms
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: kms
oh all of the above, just not a very good person in general. Probably why I am single...What do you think Match.com or eHarmony?

Friends of mine have had good experiences with J-Date...

Return to Top
#955601 - 05/07/08 05:30 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Peepers
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
I seriously doubt that either Sen. Clinton or Sen. Obama would be interested in the VP spot.

Return to Top
#955605 - 05/07/08 05:35 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Yossarian
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
people in the two very large states of Michigan and Florida should be allowed to exercise their rights to vote!!!!!!

but the fix is in for Obama!!!

Hillary could pull this out if we had voting from these two states

this is the biggest voter fraud since the voting rights act of 1965!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#955610 - 05/07/08 05:38 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Pale Rider
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
people in the two very large states of Michigan and Florida should be allowed to exercise their rights to vote!!!!!!

Where are all the Lib's from the 2000 election screaming and throwing a fit about the voters being disenfranchised???

Return to Top
#955613 - 05/07/08 05:43 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Bimmer
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Have you confused a party primary with a general election?

Return to Top
#955614 - 05/07/08 05:44 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Yossarian
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Yossarian
I seriously doubt that either Sen. Clinton or Sen. Obama would be interested in the VP spot.

I agree. Although it would have its strategic benefits, I doubt it too.

Return to Top
#955617 - 05/07/08 05:47 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Hrothgar Geiger
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian
Have you confused a party primary with a general election?

There is no confusion. We all know one was a primary and one was a general party election. But lets look at what happened.

Voters claimed they were misrepresented in 2000, and some votes were not counted because of rules that called into question how someone voted. Democrats cried that voters were being muted. In 2008 the Democratic party did not count the votes from Michigan or Florida because of failing to meet party rules.

In one case, you have a debate whether a voice is actually heard. For good reason. Muting voters does us no good.

But then the same people who cried about Florida go ahead and mute those voters for other reasons in another election. Seems very hypocritical to me.

Return to Top
#955624 - 05/07/08 05:54 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Sound Tactic
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
let all the votes count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why don't the demos want to pay for a do - over in these two states so that their citizens may vote?

Return to Top
#955631 - 05/07/08 06:01 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Pale Rider
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Did anyone see Boston Legal last week? Shirley Schmidt had Alan sue the DNC because her 22 year old nephew was a convention delegate and refused to vote the way that his consituancy voted. The ruling was that the DNC is a private org and can allow whatever they want.

Return to Top
#955634 - 05/07/08 06:05 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Snow Bunny
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

Return to Top
#955636 - 05/07/08 06:05 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Pale Rider
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore

Please reconcile this sentiment with
a)winner-take-all delegate assignment
b)penalties stripping half the delegates from Wyoming, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Michigan, Florida

Return to Top
#955640 - 05/07/08 06:09 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Sound Tactic
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
We all know one was a primary and one was a general party election.

Well then you should know that requirements for elections are set by law and the constitution and party nominations are set by party rules. Many states have no primary voting at all, just caucuses. That would not be allowed for an election, but is perfectly acceptable for party nominations. Some primaries are limited to registered party members. Is that unfair?????? One partularly strange state allowed voting during the day, and then cancelled out the results with a caucus that same night.

The fact is that you have a legal right to cast a ballot in an election, but not in a party nominating process. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Return to Top
#955641 - 05/07/08 06:10 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Hrothgar Geiger
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian

Please reconcile this sentiment with
a)winner-take-all delegate assignment
b)penalties stripping half the delegates from Wyoming, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Michigan, Florida

Yes, to take 1/2 of someones delegates away is not the same as taking all of their delegates away. Either way, the Republican party has already decided their winner, and without these states it would not have changed. So, reconcile your sentiment with....

when it is convenient the Democratic party supports fully muting its own citizens.

Return to Top
#955642 - 05/07/08 06:11 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Yossarian
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Quote:

Well then you should know that requirements for elections are set by law and the constitution and party nominations are set by party rules. Many states have no primary voting at all, just caucuses. That would not be allowed for an election, but is perfectly acceptable for party nominations. Some primaries are limited to registered party members. Is that unfair?????? One partularly strange state allowed voting during the day, and then cancelled out the results with a caucus that same night.

The fact is that you have a legal right to cast a ballot in an election, but not in a party nominating process. You are comparing apples and oranges.

OK you think its apples to oranges but I think they are not listening to voters. Do you agree, that the voters in Michigan and Florida are not being heard by their party?

Return to Top
#955644 - 05/07/08 06:14 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Yossarian
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:

Interesting sentiment for such a Clintonista.

Return to Top
#955648 - 05/07/08 06:18 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Sound Tactic
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Actually I do believe that the delegates from Florida and Michigan should be allowed to be selected and seated at the convention.

I just think that the comparison with Florida in 2000 is absurd.

Return to Top
#955651 - 05/07/08 06:20 PM Re: do the dems actually get it? Yossarian
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I actually agree, but for different reasons.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4