Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#956012 - 05/08/08 03:32 PM Current Political Race Analysis
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
OK, you must consider the source of the following, it is one of the two Masters of Chaos, (Rove of Rove and Limbaugh), but a concise analysis as of today:

"My analysis of individual state polls shows that today Mr. McCain would win 241 Electoral College votes to Mr. Obama's 217, with 80 votes in toss-up states where neither candidate has more than a 3% lead. Ironically, Mrs. Clinton now leads Mr. McCain with 251 electoral votes to his 203 with 84 in toss-up states. This is the first time she's led Mr. McCain since I began tracking state-by-state results in early March.

Mr. McCain is realistic enough to know he will fall behind Mr. Obama once the Democratic nomination is settled. He's steeled himself and his team for that moment. And he's comforted by a belief that there will be plenty of time to recapture the lead. Mr. McCain saw Gerald Ford come from 30 points down to lose narrowly to Jimmy Carter in 1976, and watched George H.W. Bush overcome a 17-point deficit in the summer to hammer Michael Dukakis in the fall of 1988.

- The battlegrounds will look familiar. It will be the industrial heartland from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin, minus Indiana (Republican) and Illinois (Democrat); the western edge of the Midwest from Minnesota south to Missouri; Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada in the Rocky Mountains; Florida; and New Hampshire.

Mr. Obama will argue he puts Virginia and North Carolina into play (doubtful), and may make an attempt at winning one or two of Nebraska's electoral votes (it awards its electoral votes by congressional district). Mr. McCain will say he can put New Jersey and Delaware and part of Maine (it splits its vote like Nebraska) in play. But it's doubtful he'll win in Oregon or Washington State, although he believes he can.

- Almost everything we think we know right now will be revised and even overturned during the next six months. This has been a race in which conventional wisdom has often been proven wrong. The improbable or thought-to-be impossible has happened with regularity. It has created a boom market for punditry and opinion offering, and one of the grandest possible spectacles for political junkies in decades. Hold on to your hat. It's going to be one heck of a ride through Nov. 4."

this is a snipet of a WSJ Online article, ya I know, that rag that was taken over by evil Murdoch!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#956015 - 05/08/08 03:36 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Pale Rider
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
oh, thank cod you posted this, pale. i thought we might miss out on a political discussion today.

Return to Top
#956023 - 05/08/08 03:42 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis kitten
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
my pleasure kitty

sorry I stir the pot sometimes, just trying to keep up with the Jones'

Return to Top
#956025 - 05/08/08 03:43 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis kitten
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
With the number of "democrats" saying they won't vote for Hillary if she's the nominee instead of Obama, or for Obama if he's the nominee instead of Hillary, the idea that once the democrats "come together with a nominee" is inane.

I wouldn't be surprised to see whichever fails to get the democratic nod, particularly if that person is Hillary, run as an independent.

Also, you can't guess at what's going to happen when it's McCain vs. insert "winner" of democratic race yet. In most states, it was decided who was going to be the nominee by the time the vote came along. That means a LOT of voters who will vote in the presidential election for McCain are staying home.

Return to Top
#956027 - 05/08/08 03:44 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Pale Rider
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
If I were Senator McCain, I would be pretty happy with that analysis right now. Hillary is all but dead. He will have a decent shot against Obama.

Return to Top
#956118 - 05/08/08 05:31 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis redsfan
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
You have got to be kidding me, half of this thread got deleted?

Return to Top
#956120 - 05/08/08 05:32 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis kms
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
After Neo starts accusing others of whining it gets deleted? Wow, that guy never ceases to amaze me. His level of cowardace is unprecidented.

Return to Top
#956125 - 05/08/08 05:39 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Sound Tactic
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
What did I miss?

Return to Top
#956127 - 05/08/08 05:40 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Sound Tactic
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: Visionary Harry
After Neo starts accusing others of whining it gets deleted? Wow, that guy never ceases to amaze me. His level of cowardace is unprecidented.

Hey.
Chill.
I've been out of the office for a couple hours now.
I had nothing to do with it.

By the way, it is "unprecendeted".

Return to Top
#956129 - 05/08/08 05:41 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Imagine
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
You missed me saying I'm gonna write in Mrs Pale for POTUS!

Return to Top
#956131 - 05/08/08 05:43 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Sound Tactic
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Visionary Harry

Yet kitten's whining about people wanting to talk about politics, in a Presidential election year is acceptable?

Next we won't be allowed to talk about the cicadas during this year's brood XIV year.
Last edited by Bengalsfan; 05/08/08 05:46 PM.
Return to Top
#956133 - 05/08/08 05:45 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Imagine

When correcting someone's spelling, I recommend checking yours first!

Return to Top
#956135 - 05/08/08 05:46 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis B_F
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I don't know what got all of that deleted but it is BS. Gonna start being like the kid that cried wolf.

Return to Top
#956136 - 05/08/08 05:47 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis B_F
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

Point, BF

Return to Top
#956138 - 05/08/08 05:48 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis kms
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: kms
I don't know what got all of that deleted but it is BS. Gonna start being like the kid that cried wolf.

Political correctness gone amuck.

Return to Top
#956139 - 05/08/08 05:49 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine

OH CRUD!
LOLoad.

Return to Top
#956142 - 05/08/08 05:52 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Imagine
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Hmmm since it appears that Neo does not have me on ignore I will ask him for the fourth time. About six months ago you accused me of something. I have asked four times for you to come up with proof. To this day, you have not been able to do so, even though you have all the tools available to do so.

In two of the times I requested this proof you cried to your favorite mod and had the thread deleted. Man up. Find the proof.

Return to Top
#956148 - 05/08/08 05:59 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Sound Tactic
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
A word of caution.... While it was not me that deleted this time (personally I would have let you duke it out) this bickering is getting on some mods nerves. Ya' don't want to be forcing somebody to cancel this particular recess in total, do you? So knock off the nonsense or take it to a pm, ok? We now return you to the playground.

Return to Top
#956152 - 05/08/08 06:04 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis B_F
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison

Yet kitten's whining about people wanting to talk about politics, in a Presidential election year is acceptable?

Next we won't be allowed to talk about the cicadas during this year's brood XIV year.

in my own defense, i don't believe my post was a whine, nor was it intended to be. perhaps i should have use a instead of a . i was just having a little fun with pale.

i do read the political threads at times and usually end up learning something (albeit after wading thru all the muck and mud-slinging).

and, neo, even though you have me on ignore, and the post was deleted, for you of all people to tell me to quit whining??? that made my day.

Return to Top
#956162 - 05/08/08 06:19 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis kitten
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Well, once again it probably got deleted because I accused Neo of being the pot and calling the kettle black.

Yet the instance where he said it to KMS still didn't get deleted. Go figure!

Return to Top
#956187 - 05/08/08 06:43 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Bimmer
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Don't worry about it Bimmer, people call me a lot of names and it doesn't get deleted. Thank god for tough skinand the ability to realize this is just the internet not real life, for me anyways.

Return to Top
#956192 - 05/08/08 06:44 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Truffle Royale
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
A word of caution.... While it was not me that deleted this time (personally I would have let you duke it out) this bickering is getting on some mods nerves. Ya' don't want to be forcing somebody to cancel this particular recess in total, do you? So knock off the nonsense or take it to a pm, ok? We now return you to the playground.

TR, to be fair and honest here, I do not wish to "duke it out" with anyone.

But people whine, complain, and attack on a consistant basis. I am guilty of that at times. No one is completely innocent.

I do not know why 1/2 the thread was canned, but I do know that certain groups of posters do find it, shall we say, amusing to disrupt threads. As I said originally, no one is forcing anyone to read any of the threads here. So there is no need to come into a thread and complain about it. You chose to come in.

As far as the "name calling", some DO get away with it more than others. But, that is life and we should all accept it.

Return to Top
#956252 - 05/08/08 08:01 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis *DELETED* Imagine
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Post deleted by redsfan

Return to Top
#956253 - 05/08/08 08:04 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis redsfan
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I know!
I had it on my screen and I still typed it wrong!

I can't do anything right!

Return to Top
#956260 - 05/08/08 08:10 PM Re: Current Political Race Analysis Imagine
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands

I can't do anything right!

We already knew that!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2