Page 35 of 39 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Thread Options
#958758 - 05/14/08 01:37 PM Re: American Idol Little Miss BSA
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: BSAinFLA
"And so it goes" by Billy Joel happens to be one of my all time favorite songs (for personal reasons) - and I was excited to see that it was chosen as a song choice last night, but in all honesty I didn't think that Davis A pulled off the emotion that goes with that song - I have to agree with RR Becca Plain Vanilla and boring...and don't get me started on him trying to pull off Chris Brown...please

but that's just my opinion

I totally agree with you here.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#958761 - 05/14/08 01:38 PM Re: American Idol Little Miss BSA
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
and don't get me started on him trying to pull off Chris Brown...please

but that's just my opinion[/quote] All I know is that my 14 year old daughter was laughing at him trying to pull of Chris Brown. She even played Brown's version on her phone for me so I could tell how ridiculous it was.

Return to Top
#958780 - 05/14/08 01:50 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
so who is in the lead?

Return to Top
#958795 - 05/14/08 02:03 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I thought David A. butchered "Longer" with all his little cheesy vocal stylings. In fact, he does that quite a bit with all his songs. I sometimes get the impression that he wants to be the next Josh Groban, only with a higher voice, but he ain't no Josh Groban.

David Cook is the best in my opinion. I hope he wins.

Finally, what's the deal with Randy and Simon complaining about song choices when the artist didn't choose the song? Those guys are just too full of themselves.

Return to Top
#958798 - 05/14/08 02:05 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
long time no see Bugsy!!

Return to Top
#958801 - 05/14/08 02:08 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I think they're trying to 'steer' David A into success because he'll be the most malleable of the 3 from a producer's point of view. He's the youngest, the most undefined style-wise, and apparently the most submissive personality (though Sayesha may not be far behind in that respect). He's probably a producer's dream boy if all you want is a flash-in-the-pan hit cd. He'll never have the staying power to stay on top. He reminds me (for some strange reason) of James Blunt minus the decent looks and maturity to pull off 'sexy'. If he makes it at all, he'll have the same fan-base of teenyboppers and soccermoms.

Sayesha? Broadway, 100%. I have *loved* her last few performances (with the exception of the last song last night) and think she almost needs that edge of acting along with her singing to really pull of the performance. She needs to be coreographed, or is doesn't really work for her.

David C just flat rocks. I thought the violins overpowered the first part of the song and almost seemed a bit out of time with him, but by the end they were OK. He does, however, seem to be unbelievably stressed out. Almost to the point of being ill. I sincerely hope he can shake it off and enjoy what success comes his way.

Return to Top
#958810 - 05/14/08 02:13 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
long time no see Bugsy!!

Hey, Pale. Howareya?

Return to Top
#958816 - 05/14/08 02:17 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
fair to midland, fair to midland

my local boy Castro got the hook last week, so I am semi-boycotting this thread

and you?

Return to Top
#958817 - 05/14/08 02:18 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I'm doing good. I think your boy Castro was in way over his head, but he did make the show fun, that's for sure.

Return to Top
#959056 - 05/14/08 05:28 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
I think they're trying to 'steer' David A into success because he'll be the most malleable of the 3 from a producer's point of view. He's the youngest, the most undefined style-wise, and apparently the most submissive personality (though Sayesha may not be far behind in that respect). He's probably a producer's dream boy if all you want is a flash-in-the-pan hit cd. He'll never have the staying power to stay on top. He reminds me (for some strange reason) of James Blunt minus the decent looks and maturity to pull off 'sexy'. If he makes it at all, he'll have the same fan-base of teenyboppers and soccermoms.

Now that's funny. I'd put myself in the soccermom category and he makes me want to poke my eyes out - or maybe his eyes out (if he ever opened them - ). I can't stand his breathing sounds when singing. Hasn't he ever sang in a choir?? They teach you how NOT to do that. And, he can't speak without gasping for air.

Quote:
but that's just my opinion. All I know is that my 14 year old daughter was laughing at him trying to pull of Chris Brown. She even played Brown's version on her phone for me so I could tell how ridiculous it was.

It was a trainwreck. Not only was he totally out his element, his dancing made it even worse. Isn't Chris Brown the guy that sings the duet with Jordin Sparks - that they performed earlier in the season? The fact that Arch thought he could pull something like that shows he's clueless and seriously one-dimensional.

Return to Top
#959111 - 05/14/08 06:29 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Princess Leia
Now that's funny. I'd put myself in the soccermom category and he makes me want to poke my eyes out

No offense meant

He makes me think of the boring, obnoxiously non-offensive, plain vanilla soft contemporary that they play in the background at coffeshops and so forth. I just want to snore every time he picks up the mike. I have a good friend who is VERY into James Blunt ( ) and therefore I equate that type of whininess with the minivan set.
Last edited by RR Becca; 05/14/08 06:29 PM.

Return to Top
#959160 - 05/14/08 07:04 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
I personally play Godsmack in my minivan.

Return to Top
#959232 - 05/14/08 08:18 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
buggs Offline
Power Poster
He makes me think of the boring, obnoxiously non-offensive, plain vanilla soft contemporary that they play in the background at coffeshops and so forth.

Is Archie the next Michael Bolton?

Return to Top
#959243 - 05/14/08 08:34 PM Re: American Idol buggs
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Possibly, Bugs. Do you think he plays piano that well?

Return to Top
#959255 - 05/14/08 08:45 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Becca, I've never paid close attention to his piano abilities. Is he good or just OK?

Return to Top
#959260 - 05/14/08 08:55 PM Re: American Idol buggs
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Have *no* idea. I usually pick my book up when it's his turn to sing. I was being s-a-r-c-a-s-t-i-c....hence the little ;).

Return to Top
#959264 - 05/14/08 09:04 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Well, I play piano myself so I'll try to pay more attention next time and give a critique.

Return to Top
#959267 - 05/14/08 09:08 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny
He makes me think of the boring, obnoxiously non-offensive, plain vanilla soft contemporary that they play in the background at coffeshops and so forth.

Is Archie the next Michael Bolton?

Sure - I can't stand him either

Return to Top
#959346 - 05/15/08 12:43 AM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
AI would have been alot more FUN with Danny boy aboard for the ride!

Return to Top
#959393 - 05/15/08 12:22 PM Re: American Idol pjs
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
The show last night was a tear jerker. Good luck to David C and David A.

Return to Top
#959402 - 05/15/08 12:49 PM Re: American Idol pjs
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
The performance by Fantasia was the worst performance by a returning Idol contestant EVER. Hands down. It was horrible, and she was scary looking.

Go, David Cook!

Return to Top
#959414 - 05/15/08 01:03 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought Fantasia was....icky.

Here's to Cook.....hope he can do it over little David.

Anybody know what they will be singing next week?

Return to Top
#959431 - 05/15/08 01:23 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
First off, Fantasia was indeed icky and the worst performer ever to return to the show. Heck, I think even William Hung, on his return to the show, did a better job.

Second, last night was a tear jerker. You really got to see how humble and appreciative each of the contestants is. And David Cook's story is amazing when you realize he wasn't going to the audition to audition, but to support his brother. Does anyone know if that's the same brother who is sick?

All three contestants were professional and respectful towards each other, and Syesha sang her way out with grace and dignity, and I wish her the best of luck in the future.

Now, with all that behind us, if you want David Cook to win, like he deserves, pick up the phones next week, because he's going to need all of us old [censored] and not teenybopper young adults calling for him, because the young girls who flocked to David Archuletta are going to be burning up the phone lines to make him win like never before. He could really sing the phone book in a monotone voice and have a chance to pull a win with the support he seems to have from the high school and jr. high girls club!

Return to Top
#959432 - 05/15/08 01:24 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Fantasia wasn't the only one with a really stinky performance...how about that opening number the 3 contestants did?

Return to Top
#959433 - 05/15/08 01:24 PM Re: American Idol B_F
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Next week, I think they are singing a judges choice, their choice, and finally "the song". Whichever song won the writing contest this year. I'm almost scared to see what that does to the two performers, because I can't picture the two of them singing anything remotely similar.

Return to Top
Page 35 of 39 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 38 39