Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39
Thread Options
#959435 - 05/15/08 01:25 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Fantasia wasn't the only one with a really stinky performance...how about that opening number the 3 contestants did?

It sounded pretty good to me, actually.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#959441 - 05/15/08 01:28 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Fantasia wasn't the only one with a really stinky performance...how about that opening number the 3 contestants did?

Group songs like that are never, ever good.

Return to Top
#959444 - 05/15/08 01:30 PM Re: American Idol B_F
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Does anyone know if that's the same brother who is sick?

No, it is not. The brother who is sick is Adam Cook, David's 36-year-old half brother. Adam is an attorney in Terre Haute, Indiana, and he is suffering from brain cancer. My understanding is that the cancer is terminal -- just a matter of time for the poor fellow.

Return to Top
#959447 - 05/15/08 01:36 PM Re: American Idol grmasterb
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
The family is trying to raise enough $$ for him to travel to LA for the finale since AI wouldn't loan Cook the $$ (he'd repay with future earnings). He can not fly commercial since he is so sick and needs a medical team with him. When he came in April, someone in IN donated a Lear Jet, the medical staff donated their time and a local radio station paid their hotel.

Apparently the bill is estimated to be about $80,000.

Return to Top
#959448 - 05/15/08 01:37 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
buggs Offline
Power Poster

I agree. My daughter says that David Cook looks like he's thinking the whole time: "This sucks! I can't beleive they're making us do this!"

Also, the Ford commercials are pretty stupid too. Like who's gonna get so excited in real life about driving a Focus?

Return to Top
#959449 - 05/15/08 01:41 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny

I agree. My daughter says that David Cook looks like he's thinking the whole time: "This sucks! I can't beleive they're making us do this!"

I agree - the song was lame and Cook looked downright embarassed that he had to partake in that trainwreck!

Return to Top
#959450 - 05/15/08 01:42 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I always thought Fantasia was stinky... I felt the only great song she had her season was "Summertime."

Return to Top
#959454 - 05/15/08 01:49 PM Re: American Idol buggs
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny
Like who's gonna get so excited in real life about driving a Focus?

Most of David Archuleta's fans. They're too young to be picky about the kind of car they drive.

Return to Top
#959467 - 05/15/08 02:08 PM Re: American Idol B_F
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

It sounded pretty good to me, actually.

Are you talking about Fantasia's performance?
I kinda liked it

The opening number? Yucko.
But I expect it at this point.
I, too, am nervous to see what cheesiness they make the two Davids sing together at the finale. I can't think of a single song that wouldn't make me puke or laugh hysterically

Return to Top
#959472 - 05/15/08 02:15 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
My hubby and I were discussing the group numbers last night, and I said that you just know David C. has to cringe inside with every stupid choreographed "dance" move they have to do.

While never great, I think the group numbers have been worse than usual all season. I suppose that is because there have been contestants with more distinct "sounds" this season. . .think Jason Castro and Amanda Overmeyer.

Return to Top
#959494 - 05/15/08 02:47 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
buggs Offline
Power Poster
If they ever do another "Bill and Ted" sequel, I think Jason Castro should get the part as Ted's son!

Return to Top
#959505 - 05/15/08 02:59 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
stop picking on my boy Tiny Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#959508 - 05/15/08 03:01 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
My hubby and I were discussing the group numbers last night, and I said that you just know David C. has to cringe inside with every stupid choreographed "dance" move they have to do.

Last night he was very, very close to cringing outwardly, and he definitely looked less than thrilled. In their defense, I've seen elementary school choirs with better choreography.

Return to Top
#959526 - 05/15/08 03:24 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
stop picking on my boy Tiny Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ain't pickin' on your boy, Pale. "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" is one of my all-time favorite flicks. I would consider it to be a most triumphant honor for Jason to get the part. Seriously, dude!

Return to Top
#959549 - 05/15/08 03:44 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
well, I would hope he could get more excited about a film careeer than being the AI!

Return to Top
#959584 - 05/15/08 04:18 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I thought the look on Simon's face when Fantasia was performing was hilarious. He looked a little scared, actually. I like Fantasia, but even I thought her performance and her look were pretty bad last night.

Return to Top
#959668 - 05/15/08 06:08 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted By: CelticsPride
I personally play Godsmack in my minivan.
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Godsmack and was listening to them this morning! Actually my next tattoo I'm getting this summer is the Godsmack sun on all their album covers. Not because of them but b/c I think the sun is very cool.

Return to Top
#959670 - 05/15/08 06:09 PM Re: American Idol Bones
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I'm pretty sure those were braces, but my son asked if Fantasia had a "grill"

Edit to add: Simon's face during Fantasia's performance was priceless. He must've been thinking "Seriously, this was a winner of American Idol"!
Last edited by Busy Bee; 05/15/08 06:10 PM.
Return to Top
#962508 - 05/21/08 12:48 PM Re: American Idol Busy Bee, CRCM
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
What do you guys think? Simon seemed to tilt the judging in favor of the boy wonder, and I fear there are enough teeny-boppers to have put him over the top. I really didn't get Simon's comment about Cook's version of "The World I Know." I thought it was excellent -- it showed his full talent and creativity.

Return to Top
#962520 - 05/21/08 01:04 PM Re: American Idol grmasterb
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I think Simon titled the voting in favor of David Cook, actually. Those who would vote for Cook were motivated by Simon saying Archuletta won, while those who would vote for Archuletta most likely would vote normally.

Personally, I liked what I heard from both last night.

David Cook's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" won the night for me as the best performance. His middle song kind of stunk. I got the feeling that noone was chosen for the top 10 songs for him to chose from that fit a rocker. Meanwhile, he finished strong with "The World I Know". He showed his range, his diversity, and yet he maintained his identity throughout the night. What I like about David is that if I put a recording of him singing a song on write after the original, they don't sound the same in 8/10 instances. He is creative.

David Archuletta sounded good last night. He still bothers me with his breathing at times, but he was better. Now if he could just keep his eyes open. Or maybe it's just that he has them open but has such thin little slits for eyes that you can't see that they are open. Each of his songs sounded good, but the only one I felt he made his own was the song I'd never heard before. Wait, maybe he didn't. I'll never know. He is not creative or unique. He's good, but he's typical.

Return to Top
#962531 - 05/21/08 01:12 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
that "doe in the headlights" look of David A. will keep him from being widely accepted; he is like that guy who won from the south that has the strange dance/funky movements

too out of sync or something

Return to Top
#962673 - 05/21/08 03:05 PM Re: American Idol grmasterb
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: grmasterb
What do you guys think?

I was out and about and couldn't watch.

Return to Top
#962750 - 05/21/08 04:01 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Bankerette Offline
100 Club
South of Canadian Border
After reading your posts I am feeling much better about David C coming out on top. To many times I've watched the judges give their praises for one specific Idol and that one is the one to win. Bottom line I would go to a David Cook concert but David A, no way.

Return to Top
#962771 - 05/21/08 04:24 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
that "doe in the headlights" look of David A. will keep him from being widely accepted; he is like that guy who won from the south that has the strange dance/funky movements

too out of sync or something

I think that was Taylor Hicks.....and where is he now????

Return to Top
#962774 - 05/21/08 04:26 PM Re: American Idol Bankerette
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I hate to admit it, but Bambi was on his game last night, although I liked his first go around with Imagine better. last night seemed a little slow to me. I hate that they have to sign a song that someone submitted, but i am glad they did not make them both sing the same one.

I am a Cook fan, and I think he will do much better professionally. Archuletta will be forgotten qucikly I think, BUT, I think David A. is gonna win.

I agree with Simon 100% - I wish Cook had done Billie Jean, because the biggest differentiator between them is that David A. sings other people's songs extremely well, basically in the exact same way the song was originally. David C. is an artist who can interpret and perform a song in a better and/ore more interesting manner than the original.

Return to Top
Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39