Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#96114 - 07/11/03 03:18 PM What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
Last edited by Alien; 07/11/03 03:26 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#96115 - 07/11/03 03:50 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
It's a toss-up between Bali and Hong Kong.

Return to Top
#96116 - 07/11/03 04:05 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Yellowstone.

Return to Top
#96117 - 07/11/03 04:06 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ocho Rios or St. Martin (dutch side)

Return to Top
#96118 - 07/11/03 04:08 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
So far - San Diego, CA

Return to Top
#96119 - 07/11/03 04:14 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Nikko or Tokyo, love them both.

And then there is always Disney World.

Return to Top
#96120 - 07/11/03 04:15 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Kwiltr Offline
100 Club
I spent two summers working in Estes Park, Colorado while I was in college. Beautiful place!

Return to Top
#96121 - 07/11/03 04:15 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
Haven't traveled much at all, but the best vacation was the honeymoon. We went to Gulf Shores, Alabama. Great weather, visited their small (but cool) zoo, played on the beach, went on a dolphin cruise, enjoyed the entertainment complexes with go-carts, and ate a ton of sea food. Best oysters we've ever found. Tons of great golf courses, though we only played one day.

Return to Top
#96122 - 07/11/03 04:18 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Arizona! Been twice - once with just my wife, and once with my wife, our youngest daughter, and my mother-in-law and father-in-law. Flew in to Phoenix, then rented a car and drove - first up the Apache Trail to Roosevelt Lake. Then up to Payson and Strawberry and across Mogollon Rim area (it's amazing at all the different terrain and vegitation). Through Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. Spent several days in the Flagstaff area - absolutely beautiful and lots to see, including Walnut Canyon, the ski lift up to Humphrey's Peak (highest point in AZ). Drove up to Grand Canyon and spent the day there - too beautiful for words. Drove back to Phoenix via the scenic route - back through Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona, then to Clarkdale and Jerome (what an amazing find that is not listed in most of the tourist information), then Prescott before heading back to Phoenix. It's just an amazing state with so much variety. I know we only saw a small part and there are many other beautiful parts that we want to go back to someday. If I could find a bank compliance job in Flagstaff, I'd move in a heartbeat.

Another vacation favorite was a trip my wife and I took in connection with the ABA NRCC a few years ago in San Diego. We rented a Mustang convertible after the conference and drove up the Pacific Coast Highway with a Beach Boys CD playing to San Francisco. Spent a couple of days in SF before heading back to San Diego for the flight home.
Last edited by MagicBanker; 07/11/03 04:20 PM.

Return to Top
#96123 - 07/11/03 04:22 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

If I could find a bank compliance job in Flagstaff, I'd move in a heartbeat.

For me, it would be Florida. Somewhere between Panama City, Pensacola, and the Gainesville area.

Return to Top
#96124 - 07/11/03 04:22 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
London England. i went in college as a part of a theater class. it was amazing. still trying to find the money to go back again. too bad i didn't get the powerball!

Return to Top
#96125 - 07/11/03 04:26 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Angel Fire, New Mexico. Right in top of a mountain - absolutely gorgeous. Not really overrun with tourists yet, either, although I'm sure that will change!

Return to Top
#96126 - 07/11/03 04:28 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Ann Offline
Platinum Poster
South Carolina
The Island of Hvar, Croatia. It was actually a mission trip/vacation and is absolutely the most beautiful place on earth that I have ever been. It is breathtaking beyond words and rich with history.

Return to Top
#96127 - 07/11/03 05:13 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
The Club Med village at Buccaneer's Creek, Martinique. Crystal clear water, abundant food, free flowing wine at lunch and dinner, and people from all over the world. Just don't drink the water!

Return to Top
#96128 - 07/11/03 05:13 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
ABrown Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Cozumel, Mexico.

Beautiful weather, beautiful beaches, clear blue water, pina coladas galore, and a good book. Been 4 times, never a bad trip.

Return to Top
#96129 - 07/11/03 05:15 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Maui - the road to Hana. Gorgeous and exotic!

Return to Top
#96130 - 07/11/03 05:17 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Nikko or Tokyo, love them both.

And then there is always Disney World.

I liked Kyoto...

Return to Top
#96131 - 07/11/03 05:24 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
Anonymous
Unregistered

Milwaukee, Wisconsin!

They have wonderful Italian Sausage beatings this time of year.

Return to Top
#96132 - 07/11/03 05:26 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
juliad Offline
Gold Star
juliad
Dallas, TX
New Orleans!

I also really enjoyed our New Mexico "road trip": Carlsbad, Roswell, Albuquerque, & Santa Fe (and lots of stuff in-between)
Last edited by juliad; 07/11/03 05:27 PM.

Return to Top
#96133 - 07/11/03 05:36 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
snwymtn Offline
New Poster
snwymtn
Virginia
I just returned from a vacation in Maine. The coast is spectacular. I spent many an afternoon watching the waves crash against the cliffs and completely forgeting about compliance. Ahhhh. Acadia National Park was amazing as was Baxter State Park. I also enjoyed whale watching and of course the yummie lobster.

Return to Top
#96134 - 07/11/03 05:50 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Ireland (back in the 80s). Our whole family is planning a trip there again to celebrate my brother's 50th and St. Patrick's Day.

Return to Top
#96135 - 07/11/03 05:53 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Ann Offline
Platinum Poster
South Carolina
Quote:

I just returned from a vacation in Maine. The coast is spectacular. I spent many an afternoon watching the waves crash against the cliffs and completely forgeting about compliance.

Thanks for reminding me - the most fabulous place I've vacationed in the states is Bar Harbor, Maine. I celebrated my 40th birthday there at a very quaint Bed and Breakfast Inn. Wonderful!

Return to Top
#96136 - 07/11/03 05:57 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
JSD Offline
Platinum Poster
JSD
USA
Maui, Maui and Maui - want to live there but it would mean more than one job (b/c of costs) and then wouldn't have any time to enjoy the island!

Return to Top
#96137 - 07/11/03 05:57 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Montana. The entire state. Red Lodge, Bear Tooth Pass, Mystic Lake, Gardner, Yellowstone, Butte, Helena. Fishing, wildlife, hot springs, wide open spaces! (I may live in spacious Wisconsin now, but I was born and raised in the cramped quarters of Chicago.)

Return to Top
#96138 - 07/11/03 06:05 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Maui - the road to Hana. Gorgeous and exotic!

Don't forget scary - I did it in a rented Mustang Convertoble even though they said I had to rent a 4x4 to do that road. Actually, I went a few years ago and a lot of the road is paved now, except for the parts that are not state highway. We actually drove the other side as well (forgot the name now) and that was much scarier but just as beautiful.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4