Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#96139 - 07/11/03 06:19 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
We drove the other side of the road to Hana too and it was cool. The area where the last volcano eruption took place was other-worldly (kind of like a moonscape). Loved it!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#96140 - 07/11/03 06:22 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Hopefully the next one.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#96141 - 07/11/03 06:33 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Quote:

Quote:

Maui - the road to Hana. Gorgeous and exotic!

Don't forget scary.

The road to Hana exhausted me but was not scary, especially after taking the 5am drive up Haliakala in the dark to see the sunrise. But after Maui we went to Kauai which was much more of what I expected Hawaii to be. I think that rates #1 in my book.

Return to Top
#96142 - 07/11/03 06:34 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
111 Offline
Gold Star
Moorea, Tahiti - ocean front hut - topless sun worshipers all over the place. I've got pictures!

Return to Top
#96143 - 07/11/03 06:53 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Toronto before the SARS scare, Paris, London, & Hilton Hawaiin Village on Wakeii Beach have all been enjoyable Our cruise to Cozumel, Guatemala, Belize, etc was just ok. Hiking in Aspen is always at the top of my list.

Return to Top
#96144 - 07/11/03 07:10 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Yellowstone and the Grand Teton (sp?) mountains was definately the most Beautiful followed closely by Colorado. Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado is spectacular.

Have you ever noticed how some people like the beach and others the mountains? My wife and I love the mountains, and have very little desire to visit the beach.

Return to Top
#96145 - 07/11/03 07:25 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel (forget Jamaica) -- the most gorgeous water and beaches I have ever seen. Loved being out of touch on the boat. Going back in 10 days!!! Wahoooo!! Would love to fly to Grand Cayman for a week.

Also enjoyed DC trip as we took it very slow and made several stops up and back and the scenary was wonderful. New Orleans is great for all the wonderful restaurants!!

Return to Top
#96146 - 07/11/03 07:29 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Israel and Jordan. I am going back to Israel this fall. No other place in the world like it.

Return to Top
#96147 - 07/11/03 07:31 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
JSD Offline
Platinum Poster
JSD
USA
Agree - we too were in a flop top rental and around the haripin curves - I couldn't look down - very scary - turned it back into rental company with the outside mirrors a tad scratched because when you meet another vehicle - no where to go but into the mountain...

Return to Top
#96148 - 07/11/03 07:33 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Aruba is # 1, the Divi Divi resort is divine. After that would be Bermuda! Jamaica was OK, kind of dirty downtown though but very cool to party with Bob Marley tunes always playing in the background no matter where you go.

Return to Top
#96149 - 07/11/03 07:37 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I've never been to Jamaica.

A guy I dated in college was from there and told me in no uncertain terms that if I ever chose to visit, I was to call him immediately. Apparently if you leave the resort areas, it is quite unsafe, particularly after dark.

Kind of made me think twice about visiting his island.

Return to Top
#96150 - 07/11/03 07:58 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Any place without a phone and e-mail...

As for most fun, I'm with Juliad - I love New Orleans. Plenty to do and see during the day, and some of the best food on the planet.

Like Andy, I am looking forward to my next vacation. Unfortunately, I dont think it will be this year.

Return to Top
#96151 - 07/11/03 08:01 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Hey Paul. You weren't hit hard by the flooding were you?

Return to Top
#96152 - 07/11/03 08:57 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
KSK Offline
Gold Star
KSK
Kansas
Crested Butte, Colorado in July after the firecracker crowd has left following the dynamite blast in the canyon on the morning of the 4th.

The pace is slow, the adult beverages are cold, the nights have a nip to them.

If only I could find a way to make a living there. Ahhhhhhhhh

Return to Top
#96153 - 07/11/03 09:02 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
skinnyminny Offline
Gold Star
skinnyminny
Heaven in comparison to my pri...
Saturn-the rings are just beautiful in December.

Return to Top
#96154 - 07/11/03 09:34 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If I could find a bank compliance job in Flagstaff, I'd move in a heartbeat.

I guess this is your answer - nice small bank- you may even get to wear more than one hat!

First State Bank
822 North Humphreys Street
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Return to Top
#96155 - 07/11/03 09:40 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Quote:

Crested Butte, Colorado

That's on my "must see" list of places to visit some day!

Return to Top
#96156 - 07/11/03 09:49 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
For me it would have to be Disney World. Don't like the beach or any other place you go to "get away from it all"--that's just too boring for me. I've got to have something going on all the time. Last time at WDW we spent six days in the parks from opening to closing. I think it nearly killed the rest of the family!

Return to Top
#96157 - 07/11/03 09:52 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
Anonymous
Unregistered

That would kill me for sure - last time I went was 4 years ago and we lasted 4 days but then spent the next 3 days lying on a beach on Long Boat Key - Disney is a lot, especially with a girl who at the time was 5 yrs old. Chilling by the pool at night was a savior also.

Return to Top
#96158 - 07/11/03 10:15 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Kokomo was - and it didn't really let up much till yesterday. There have been several peopole here with 3' - 4' of water in their basement.

But I was in Nebraska during the really big rain. I am still in the process of relocating here, and I was visiting my family.

Happily, we will all be together again by this time next week.

Return to Top
#96159 - 07/11/03 10:32 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
At the top of the town called Positano on the Amalfi Coast. The drive in and out is hairy, but the view is something that has to be experienced to understand.

Pictures

Return to Top
#96160 - 07/12/03 01:09 AM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
My first trip to Europe. Six weeks traveling through numerous countries, sleeping in castles every night. It was a real bear to plan, but worth every second! (They serve wine there ya know...)

As an aside...I hate Paris in the springtime!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#96161 - 07/12/03 02:29 AM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Romantic Road in Germany

Gulf Shores Alabama (it was nicer before it got so built up, but is still a Florida beach in Alabama without all the crazy teens.)

Banana Belt in Colorado (Buena Vista to Leadville)

Swiss Alps

Italy--Tuscany area, Florence, Rome(!!!)

Austria

Ireland (The northwestern coast of Ireland if you want to get away.)

Isle of Sky in Scotland--to get away from it all--they built a bridge since I was there, so I am not sure it is such a great getaway anymore.

Return to Top
#96162 - 07/12/03 05:02 AM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I'll let you folks know....We're going to Maui next week (my, hubby and daughter). First time for all of us!

Return to Top
#96163 - 07/14/03 03:20 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
I've been so many places I've loved, London, Scotland, Vienna, Venice, Vancouver, Savannah, Charleston, the Caribbean, and of course I concur with all of you who listed Colorado as a favorite place. I'm a little prejudiced though. I love those mountains.

I think my all time favorite though was Prince Edward Island. It is just so idyllic, rolling hills of farmland which roll right up to the sea. Absolutely beautiful. I think its the only place where I would be satisfied to go back year after year.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4