Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#96189 - 07/17/03 07:07 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
I've been very lucky in that I get to go on a lot of trips for the bank. Some really great places, Boston, Las Vegas, San Diego, New Orleans. Some places surprised me, Lincoln, Neb., Phoenix (thought I would hate it, but I loved it a lot). Some not so great places, Nashville, Norman. But I went to Cape Cod on a conference four years ago and have returned every year since on vacation. I love it there and dream of retiring there. As a matter of fact I only have to work 16 more days before the SportsRadio adjustment will be made (Red Sox="us", Yankees="them" makes my husband crazy)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#96190 - 07/17/03 07:55 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Some not so great places, Nashville...

I loved Nashville! I went a few years ago on vacation. It's a beautiful city with lots to see and do. The country around it is great too.

Return to Top
#96191 - 07/17/03 08:12 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
But the highways around Nashville are bad. Brand new 6 lane smashes down to two lane in less than a mile. I never drive thru there without having to waste an hour due to accidents.

Return to Top
#96192 - 07/17/03 10:04 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
I would have to say Kauai, Maui, Oahu, The Big Island in that order. The family loved the scuba diving, I loved the "drink of the day while watching the sunset".

Return to Top
#96193 - 07/18/03 12:59 AM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

I loved the "drink of the day while watching the sunset".

KK isn't that great...I'm doing it here...sun's suposed to go down about mid October

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#96194 - 07/18/03 03:38 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Quote:

I loved the "drink of the day while watching the sunset".

KK isn't that great...I'm doing it here...sun's suposed to go down about mid October

Dawnie, just look at all the work you can get done during the sunny months. You don't have to rush to cut the grass before the sun goes down and the mosquitoes attack.

I feel like I lost about a pint of blood last night thanks to them.

Return to Top
#96195 - 07/18/03 05:29 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I've been to more exotic places, but it must be that I consider "the best" as the places I go most often:
*Fripp Island, SC and
*Lake Lure, NC.

Return to Top
#96196 - 07/21/03 07:31 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
That must be one really big drink, or is it just a continuous bottle of pinot?

I love my wine, but something about the Islands screams for drinks with umbrellas in it.

Return to Top
#96197 - 07/21/03 07:32 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Ken - my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, niece and now great-nephew go to Fripp Island every summer. They just love it there.

Return to Top
#96198 - 07/21/03 08:39 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
amccary Offline
amccary
Nevada
I have to agree with Flagstaff/Williams Az...The Grand Canyon!
However, one year we drove from Chicago to Dallas to Orlando and what a beautiful country we live in...then of course back to Chicago was full of corn...corn and more corn!

Return to Top
#96199 - 07/21/03 10:15 PM Re: What's the Best Vacation Location You've Been to?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

just look at all the work you can get done during the sunny months. You don't have to rush to cut the grass before the sun goes down and the mosquitoes attack.

Ours are tough, they're out when the sun is up or down or well..pretty much anytime. We have three types of mosquitos, the first small ones "No see um's" which don't bite, then the middle size ones, which bite a lot! and then the big ones, who gave up biting for Lent I guess.

When I first moved to Alaska I was with BofA who had a "Return calls before the sun goes down" rule. I was completely thrilled with the idea that I didn't need to return calls made in May until Late October!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4