Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#963009 - 05/21/08 08:00 PM Is it a requirement to have a Compliance Officer
petcat Offline
Tennessee
We have someone in compliance but we do not have a Compliance Officer. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that a Compliance Officer was a requirement.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#963116 - 05/21/08 09:21 PM Re: Is it a requirement to have a Compliance Officer petcat
Compliance4521 Offline
Platinum Poster
Compliance4521
Washington
I do not beleive you need a compliance officer. I think this depends on the structure of your bank. Someone in the organiation must have the accountablity for compliance.

Lori

#963120 - 05/21/08 09:28 PM Re: Is it a requirement to have a Compliance Officer Compliance4521
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
You need a named BSA officer, CRA oficer, Security officer - which have the accountability.

IMO, like Lori mentioned the work can be handled by various departments and training/implementation outsourced.

#963138 - 05/21/08 09:44 PM Re: Is it a requirement to have a Compliance Officer Rocky P
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
I agree, for smaller banks that you may have someone in Deposit area that is responsible for their side and someone on Loan side responsible for their side.
Someone, or someone(s), must be identified as responsible but there is not a requirement for A Compliance Officer

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale