Amanda was one of the few I liked.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#927710 - 03/21/08 01:52 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
she looked great on a bike, did I tell you that?

Return to Top
#927713 - 03/21/08 01:55 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
I think you mentioned that once (or 5,000,000) times.

Return to Top
#930160 - 03/26/08 02:28 AM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Ok, AI fans, what did you think of David Cook's version of Billy Jean? It will be on Chris Cornell's (Soundgarden fame) solo album.

I personally loved it.

Return to Top
#930161 - 03/26/08 02:36 AM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I had heard Chris Cornell's Billy Jean before and I really liked it. I David Cook is officially my favorite.

My faves tonight: David, Carly, Michael (BIG surprise for me!), and Seyesha.

Brooke & Jason pretty much just got an "aight" from me.

I pretty much hated all the other performances.

I'm ready for David A to be gone, but I know my dream will not be realized any time soon. I say send home Kristy Lee, Ramelie, and Chikezie all in one swoop.

Return to Top
#930165 - 03/26/08 02:44 AM Re: American Idol Ops
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I enjoyed the arrangement of Billie Jean, but I could not understand many of the words

I liked all of the song picks, good job

Return to Top
#930175 - 03/26/08 03:19 AM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Ops - I agree with everything.

I was surprised how they hacked Carly - I liked her performance. Michael was the best I've seen (but I missed a few weeks early on).

Did I say that David Cook is my favorite So much that I acutally voted tonight for the first time ever!

Return to Top
#930176 - 03/26/08 03:20 AM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I enjoyed the arrangement of Billie Jean, but I could not understand many of the words

I liked all of the song picks, good job

I can see that. Unfortunately, I think I had all of MJ's songs memorized back in the day ...

Return to Top
#930182 - 03/26/08 04:10 AM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Ramielle will soon be "Alone". You can't redo a song someone else has already done this season and NOT be better than they were and stick around. She was pitchy, and frankly, if her voice is giving out at 10, there's no way she's going to make it to #1. She can't win this thing.

Jason's guitar overpowered his voice. He was "Fragile" this week. Poor song choice, as he is no Sting. I love the song, I hated his rendition. He just had no wow factor this week, and if he wants to win this, he MUST step it up and do something more than what he has been doing. Same old, Same old, and it's going to get tired. PS: I liked this guy before, but this one blew.

Syesha, if you were my woman, I'd be very proud of you. Your voice sounded quite pure, and you showed that you have a huge range and a great instrument with power and precision. However, you need to find a way to be more entertaining.

Chikeze, "If Only for One Night", you could do it all over again, you'd need to find a way to make the song your own instead of sounding just like a certain soulful R&B singer who'd done that song just like that before. However, you have gone from being someone I wanted to go home at #12 to someone I really think is one of my favorites. There's nothing wrong with singing a throwback and sounding like a true one of a kind singer who came before you. That being said, use your ability to be creative man!

Brooke, Brooke, Brooke. Every Breath I Take, I'll be watching you mess up that first note and start over. FUMBLE! That being said, once you started over, you were fantastic. I absolutely loved it. That being said, put the curls back in, they looked better.

Michael Johns did indeed Rock me this week. Was it enough? Not in my book. I find it odd that his best songs all come from Queen. It just seems odd to me, because while he does do those songs great, he's no Freddie Mercury by any stretch.

Carly, Every Now and Then You Fell Apart. Early on, it was so rough, but POW when you opened up, you hit it. And then you fell apart again at the end. Sorry babe, I had much higher hopes for you, and you're not going to win this at this rate.

David Archuletta, are you really old enough to go to the prom? Will your mother pick your tux for you like she obviously did this song? If it were a true singing contest instead of a popularity contest, you'd be home in time to find out. The song was campy and uninteresting, and you looked like a child on stage. I hated everything about it. You should be in the bottom three after that performance, but you won't be, because the little girls want to take you to the after prom.

Kristi pulled it off this week, and should have saved herself from going home. Finally we heard what she can do with the right song. I really enjoyed this one, and you made me Proud to be an American. Great song choice. If you get kicked off after singing that one, at least you'll have people wanting to hear more from you.

David Cook rocked it out. Billie Jean bored me to tears when Michael Jackson sang it, but WOW, your version, or should I say Chris Cornell's version, was much better. You are also the first artist EVER on American Idol to make sure that everyone knows who's version inspired you when you recover a cover. This isn't the first time you've made sure that Seacrest told us who'd done it like that before. If you're not crowned the winner this season, you'll be close, and it won't matter. Someone will find you a band, and you'll be following in Daughtry's steps in no time.

If the stars align as they should, the bottom three should be Archuletta, Ramielle, and Carly. However, David won't be in the bottom three, and either Chikeze or Kristi will be. It won't matter though, because Ramielle is going home.

Return to Top
#930200 - 03/26/08 12:06 PM Re: American Idol B_F
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
WoW! You should work for Entertainment Tonight!
Great job BF!

Return to Top
#930202 - 03/26/08 12:16 PM Re: American Idol pjs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Hah! Only one problem with that pjs.... I don't look good on camera.

Return to Top
#930207 - 03/26/08 12:24 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I agree with those who have said they are tired of David A. What an odd song choice. He's in it for the long haul, though, since he no doubt has a lock on the "teenybopper" vote.

David C. continues to impress me week after week. He is by far my favorite. This really says something to me, because I am a country music person through and through, so for me to love him as much as I do, he has to be doing something right!

Return to Top
#930209 - 03/26/08 12:27 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Hoosierland, I know exactly what you mean about David Cook. I'm not normally inclined to like the "Rocker", but he's special.

Return to Top
#930216 - 03/26/08 12:40 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Only disagreement BF is that I really liked Brooke's hair. That wavy thing in the front was from the 60's.

It finally looked like she had been on "What Not to Wear" and gotten some advice on what looks good in this decade, in terms of hair.

Return to Top
#930219 - 03/26/08 12:43 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Only disagreement BF is that I really liked Brooke's hair. That wavy thing in the front was from the 60's.

It finally looked like she had been on "What Not to Wear" and gotten some advice on what looks good in this decade, in terms of hair.

See, I like the throwback to the curls she started with. Of course someone last night, I think it was her, had a photo as a child that really reminded me of Shirley Temple.

Return to Top
#930220 - 03/26/08 12:46 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
ooh, I don't know if I would share my childhood photos with AI, of course my were of the tintype, film had not been invented yet

Return to Top
#930259 - 03/26/08 01:14 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Ramielle - Disappointed me. I do love looking at her, but this was her last chance in my mind to loosen up and be fun, and she failed miserably.

Jason - Simon is dead on. He doesn't give a [censored] and now, I don't either. He is in his own little bubble and it is old. Why don't these people listen to the judges and get some bravery.

Syesha - sounded good - still don't like her

Chikeze, just get crazy, dude. I like him, but he needs to be ultra-entertaining every week to get far.

Brooke - loved it, and agreed with the judges that she either should have just had the piano or when the band kicked in, it should have gone more upbeat and she should have left the piano. She looked great! The first half of the song was definitely hot.

Michael Johns - sorry, no staying power for him. He will fail again.

Carly, Don't like her, but I thought her pipes were awesome. This was actually a hot performance for me.

David - not crazy about it, but as the song went on, it was catchy. My 13 year old liked it a lot. I am tired of his face and his grin, and he won't make it as far as I originally thought, but it was okay. I can see him with a career in Christian rock. Simon was right - it belonged in DisneyWorld.

Kristi - good song, voice was better, but to me, she is still a bore and it felt empty to me. I did not feel genuine emotion when she sang.

David Cook - one word - awesome. Simon is dead on when he calls David smart. The fact that he is musically smart allows him to be so creative. A bit the same way Blake did so well - music smarts. No one else in Top 10 has it or even comes close. I thought that Jason mught, but he doesn't. Actually, Brooke comes the closest. David Cook should win this going away.

My bottom three (prediction, not who I think should be): Ramielle, Kristi and Carly. Going home - Carly

Return to Top
#930266 - 03/26/08 01:21 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Pale, I agree with you 100% on her hair. She looked great last night. The curls are "hippie" to me, and on some weeks, I suppose that works, but she was right to wear it like she did last night.

Return to Top
#930275 - 03/26/08 01:29 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Jalen Offline
Gold Star
Jalen
Somewhere on 2 wheels
Lasdt night seemed odd to me because I liked some of my least favorites the best. Seyesha, Kristi & Michael Johns. They have been struggling but did what I thought was great. I did not like my favorite Carly. I fear for her. Not a rocker but liked David Cook. Still say Jason is stoned and now even Simon sees it.

Return to Top
#930291 - 03/26/08 01:37 PM Re: American Idol Jalen
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Jalen - I agree 100% that Jason is stoned.

The last two weeks of Idol have been really disappointing. I don't understand the song choices these guys are making. But again, by making them pick a song from the year they were born, they still have not let them sing a contemporary song. I think that really hurts people like Ramielle, who is basically just a singer and without help, doesn't know how to make an older song her own.

BTW - what do you think Simon meant when he told David that he doubted that David chose that song for himself? He may as well have said that David was a puppet and someone was pulling his strings.

Return to Top
#930318 - 03/26/08 02:02 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
ok youse guys, stop it!

Aggies don't lie cheat, steal or do dope, or tolerate someone who does!

and Castro is an Aggie!

Return to Top
#930330 - 03/26/08 02:07 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: CubDave

BTW - what do you think Simon meant when he told David that he doubted that David chose that song for himself? He may as well have said that David was a puppet and someone was pulling his strings.

Well, considering he admitted his mother chose his first two songs for him, and this was an unknown song out of Austraila that was never played on US radio from what I can tell.....

Return to Top
#930372 - 03/26/08 02:43 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan

Aggies don't lie cheat, steal or do dope, or tolerate someone who does!

and Castro is an Aggie!

Boy Pale, you just keep thinking that
I went to an all Girl's Catholic College - do you really believe that NOTHING happened there either?

I agree that Jason looks & acts stoned - Aggie student or not.

Return to Top
#930374 - 03/26/08 02:44 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Originally Posted By: CubDave

I took it to mean that his dad is the one pulling all the strings. Wasn't there some story about how he's screaming at everyone at AI just like he did when the boy was on Star Search?

Return to Top
#930379 - 03/26/08 02:45 PM Re: American Idol Princess Leia
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Regardless of whether Mr. Castro is stoned, I'm more than happy to look at him for a few more weeks.. I think he's smokin (no pun intended!) HOT.

Return to Top
Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39