Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#963401 - 05/22/08 01:35 PM Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Quote:
In another sign that the Obama campaign views the race for the nomination as essentially over, Obama has reportedly begun his search for a running mate, tapping former Kerry adviser Jim Johnson to head up the selection process.

This is obviously a subject the Obama camp can't discuss publicly at this point, with Hillary Clinton still in the race and arguing that she is the more electable Democrat.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/05/obama_begins_veep_selection.php

Who do you think the possibilities are? Obvious names are Hillary Clinton, Tim Kaine, Jim Webb, Evan Bayh, and others.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#963404 - 05/22/08 01:37 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I don't think it would be wise to pick Hillary as his running mate. I wouldn't put an assassination past her to gain the presidency. Heck, her husband would probably help her with the plot.

Return to Top
#963407 - 05/22/08 01:39 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search B_F
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I think he will take John Edwards, he young so that if the dems held office for 8 years(god forbid) then edwards would go on to be the next choice

Return to Top
#963410 - 05/22/08 01:40 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search kms
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I'm surprised that he is looking for anyone. He is, without a doubt, the sole individual who can save the USA, no one else can. I imagine he will just run by himself, since he is far and above us mortals

Return to Top
#963415 - 05/22/08 01:43 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search HappyGilmore
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
At this point, my vote between Obama and McCain can go either way, but if O pulls Hillary on the ticket, my vote is McCain.

Just sick and tired of hearing and seeing the Clintons anymore.

Return to Top
#963419 - 05/22/08 01:44 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
He will likely need to pick someone more centrist then Edwards. I am pretty sure that Hillary is not interested in this, nor do I think he would take her.

Return to Top
#963420 - 05/22/08 01:45 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search #Just Jay
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Well then I hope he picks hillary, just for you jay!!! and I am sure there are others out there like yo.

Return to Top
#963426 - 05/22/08 01:48 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search kms
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Obama will pick Jerold Nadler, the Conressman who represent the District Ground Zero is located in. He is the one who stated that if we had a chance to nab the 9/11 Hijackers the day before 9/11, we should not have. He'd make an excellent VP for Obama.

Then again, Obama can also pick Bill Ayers.

Return to Top
#963429 - 05/22/08 01:50 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search kms
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Heard on the radio that Hillary could be considered as a nominee by Obam Obammadanna for the supreme court.

Return to Top
#963436 - 05/22/08 01:56 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search Peepers
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I could see Edwards being a SC nominee.

Return to Top
#963452 - 05/22/08 02:04 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search TheManofSteel
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: Green Lantern
Obama will pick Jerold Nadler, the Conressman who represent the District Ground Zero is located in. He is the one who stated that if we had a chance to nab the 9/11 Hijackers the day before 9/11, we should not have. He'd make an excellent VP for Obama.

Safe to assume you're open to a McCain/Hagee ticket then?

Return to Top
#963458 - 05/22/08 02:06 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search Imagine
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Imagine

Safe to ASSume you're open to a McCain/Hagee ticket then?

Fixed. See what assuming does?

Return to Top
#963459 - 05/22/08 02:07 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search TheManofSteel
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Obama would be well-served to pick a centrist Democrat

Return to Top
#963491 - 05/22/08 02:30 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla

so you make a post about obama picking ayers but he can return the favor in kind by suggesting hagee? unfortunately for you, the relationships between both sets of men is a lot closer for mccain than obama.

Return to Top
#963493 - 05/22/08 02:31 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search TheManofSteel
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine

Does it do something similar to how you come off when you make ludicrous statements about false endorsements received by Obama and exaggerations of his policy stances?

Return to Top
#963496 - 05/22/08 02:32 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search Hated By Some
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Bill Richardson, anyone??

Return to Top
#963499 - 05/22/08 02:32 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search #Just Jay
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Just Jay

I was thinking Attorney General or Secretary of Labor. He has said he's not interested in VP.

Return to Top
#963500 - 05/22/08 02:33 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Quote:

Safe to ASSume you're open to a McCain/Hagee ticket then? [/quote]

Quote:

Quote:
so you make a post about obama picking ayers but he can return the favor in kind by suggesting hagee? unfortunately for you, the relationships between both sets of men is a lot closer for mccain than obama.

He can return whatever favor he wants, I did not cry out for a mod to change anything. Alot closer huh? If you say so Ron, if you say so.
Last edited by Green Lantern; 05/22/08 02:34 PM.

Return to Top
#963504 - 05/22/08 02:36 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search Imagine
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Quote:
Does it do something similar to how you come off when you make ludicrous statements about false endorsements received by Obama and exaggerations of his policy stances?

On this one, young Skywalker, you took the high road. You'll get no negative response from me.

Return to Top
#963506 - 05/22/08 02:36 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search TheManofSteel
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
I agree he needs to pick a more centrist Democrat. He needs to pick someone with exectuive experience, because he has zero experience actually running anything. That narrows the list somewhat: Evan Bayh, maybe, or Tim Kaine. Or maybe somone who can bring a big state with him, like Ed Rendell of Pa.

Return to Top
#963509 - 05/22/08 02:38 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search redsfan
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: redsfan
I agree he needs to pick a more centrist Democrat. He needs to pick someone with exectuive experience, because he has zero experience actually running anything. That narrows the list somewhat: Evan Bayh, maybe, or Tim Kaine. Or maybe somone who can bring a big state with him, like Ed Rendell of Pa.

Where is Jerry Brown these days?

Return to Top
#963513 - 05/22/08 02:40 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Alot closer huh? If you say so Ron, if you say so.

no, the facts bear that out.

Return to Top
#963521 - 05/22/08 02:46 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search redsfan
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: redsfan

Bayh and Rendell have been vocal Hillary supporters, so they may not be interested in joining an Obama ticket. Of those two, Rendell makes more sense. Even with Bayh on the ticket, Indiana could still go to McCain in November. Plus, Bayh is as exiciting as watching grass grow.

Return to Top
#963552 - 05/22/08 03:02 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search grmasterb
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: grmasterb
Originally Posted By: Just Jay

I was thinking Attorney General or Secretary of Labor. He has said he's not interested in VP.

SC= Supreme Court

Return to Top
#963562 - 05/22/08 03:10 PM Re: Obama, like McCain, begins Veep Search #Just Jay
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
He should pick someone who shares his vision of America. Angela Davis maybe?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2