Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#964876 - 05/23/08 08:22 PM Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere
in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.
I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05232008/new...y_wa_112232.htm

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#964880 - 05/23/08 08:25 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Bimmer
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Wow, is it just me, or does that sound kind of odd?

My first thought was, is she threatening Obama, or recollecting what she and Bill were willing to do to win the nomination for Bill? Or just using REALLY poor judgement in talking about the possibility of the leading candidate being assassinated as a reason to keep running.

Hey Hillary, you're the last one other than Obama that's still in it. If he is assassinated before the general election, don't you think you'll be able to renew your campaign?

Return to Top
#964883 - 05/23/08 08:30 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I smell desperation.

If she continues to make comments and arguments like this, she will only continue to scare away superdelegates.

Return to Top
#964894 - 05/23/08 08:46 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue B_F
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

My first thought was, is she threatening Obama, or recollecting what she and Bill were willing to do to win the nomination for Bill?

Well, when you consider the Clinton Body Count you kinda have to wonder if Obama should be worried.

Return to Top
#964895 - 05/23/08 08:46 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue #Just Jay
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I'm no Hillary fan, but she was probably just trying to illude to the fact that folks have historically still been campaigning in June so why should she drop out.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#964902 - 05/23/08 08:52 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue waldensouth
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
I'm no Hillary fan, but she was probably just trying to illude to the fact that folks have historically still been campaigning in June so why should she drop out.

Then just leave it at that instead of bringing up assassinations!

Return to Top
#964904 - 05/23/08 08:53 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue waldensouth
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
I'm neither a Dem nor a GOP, but the only candidates I seem to know much about are Hillary and Obama....if that is more widespread, then I can't see how this is a bad thing for the Dems. Talk about party recognition! I'd say that she ought to fight until Obama is officially nominated....and then run as an Independent in November....
Last edited by Fraud Pup; 05/23/08 08:54 PM.
Return to Top
#964906 - 05/23/08 08:58 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Pup
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
very unfortunate to mouth disparate thoughts about the month of June in campaign season

Return to Top
#965043 - 05/24/08 03:15 AM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I'm sure that Ron will quickly tell us this was taken out of context, and when she issues 15 seperate press releases about what she "really meant" then we'll all understand...err, maybe

Return to Top
#965044 - 05/24/08 03:41 AM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue HappyGilmore
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Happy Gilmore
I'm sure that Ron will quickly tell us this was taken out of context, and when she issues 15 seperate press releases about what she "really meant" then we'll all understand...err, maybe

And here I figured it would be Yossarian that would tell us all of that! After all, He/She/It is the Clinton expert!

Return to Top
#965047 - 05/24/08 11:36 AM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Bimmer
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Maybe it was a call to her sleeper cells to take Obama out? Just trying to think outside the box...

Return to Top
#965050 - 05/24/08 01:29 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue kms
texasbanker123 Offline
i don't understand why this matters...

Return to Top
#965051 - 05/24/08 01:32 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue waldensouth
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: waldensouth

Originally Posted By: Drudge Report
Hillary says purpose was historical instances of candidates staying in race until late in primaries... In 1968: Dem Race was only 3 months along...

New Hampshire, first in nation, wasn't until March 12. Kennedy didn't even get into running until March 16. By June 4, 1968, date of California primary, there had only been 13 primaries... Kennedy was killed on June 5...

http://drudgereport.com/

Return to Top
#965052 - 05/24/08 02:10 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Imagine
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
It's time for Hillary to shut up and go home. The more she talks, the more she looks like the runner-up to the nomination.

Return to Top
#965056 - 05/24/08 02:58 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue grmasterb
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I think a lot of people think she is holding something back. I don't know what it would be at this point, but Obama is upping his secret service

Return to Top
#965058 - 05/24/08 04:13 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Bimmer
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
the Clinton expert

Well, you don't have to be an expert to know that anyone that cites the Clinton "body count" myth needs to be fitted for a tinfoil hat!

This is much ado over nothing. She mentioned the fact that Kennedy was assassinated in June (as well as the fact that her husband still didn't clinch until June in 1992).

Return to Top
#965059 - 05/24/08 07:02 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Yossarian
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I guess most just think the reference to Bobby Kennedy was distatefulll, especiall what the family is going through right now.JMO

Return to Top
#965066 - 05/24/08 10:12 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Yossarian
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Yossarian
This is much ado over nothing. She mentioned the fact that Kennedy was assassinated in June (as well as the fact that her husband still didn't clinch until June in 1992).

The problem is that it comes across as "hey, you never know...Obama could get shot!" For whatever it's worth, I don't think that's how she meant it - I think she meant that it was June and that race was still going on. Of course, things got started a lot later then, so it's not really a true comparison.

Return to Top
#965068 - 05/25/08 11:28 AM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Jokerman
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
1968: Dem Race was only 3 months along...

wow, a presidential election only 3 months long? I only wish

Return to Top
#965069 - 05/25/08 08:13 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue HappyGilmore
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I think her comments are more than simply offensive or distasteful.

I think if she still had any chance, she may have sealed her own fate. Her comments were completely inappropriate and dishonest.

If, God forbid, the unthinkable happens before the election, then the blame must be layed at her feet for raising this spectre and putting it into the minds of any lunatics who would exploit it for her advantage.

She should withdraw from the campaign immediately and vow that she will not accept the nomination even if the unthinkable were to happen. She should do this -- if for no other reason -- to protect the life of Senator Obama.

Return to Top
#965076 - 05/25/08 08:44 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue buggs
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster

Quote:
dishonest

Dishonest?????? Let's look at what she said:

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out."

Both the 1992 and 1968 races did continue into June, so how on earth is this dishonest? If someone thinks it is not a good argument because canpaigns started later, fine, but that's an entirely different issue then trying to make it appear as though her comments had anything to do with Obama.

Return to Top
#965078 - 05/25/08 09:58 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Yossarian
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I think he was trying to say her movties were dishonest. Just a guess though

Return to Top
#965079 - 05/25/08 11:16 PM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue kms
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Motive? In a statement, RFK's son, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. said:

"It is clear from the context that Hillary was invoking a familiar political circumstance in order to support her decision to stay in the race through June. I have heard her make this reference before, also citing her husband's 1992 race, both of which were hard fought through June. I understand how highly charged the atmosphere is, but I think it is a mistake for people to take offense."

Return to Top
#965083 - 05/26/08 02:00 AM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue Yossarian
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
ok Yoss, I know you suport the hillary camp and that is fine, I was just trying to throw something out there on what Her commments being dishonest. I am not trying to make an argument about it with you because that would be like arguing with frank or ron about his highness Obama.

Return to Top
#965084 - 05/26/08 02:33 AM Re: Hillary Raises Assiassination Issue kms
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Yeah, right. Maybe you can argue with RFK, Jr. instead.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2