Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#965365 - 05/27/08 06:13 PM Bank Intranet
GSB Training Offline
100 Club
We are in the process of establishing our first bank intranet and deciding what the content will be. I'm curious to know what others have ontheir intranets and what they consider to be the most valuable use of this technology. Thanks in advance for the info!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#965381 - 05/27/08 06:30 PM Re: Bank Intranet GSB Training
Passing storm Offline
100 Club
Here and Now
We use bulletin boards for official and general information to post to so we don't have to send out mass emails. This saves a lot of space. We also post rate sheets, chart of accounts, finacial statements.

We post forms such as wire transfers for easy access.

Each department has it's own area listing people in the department and their general responsibilities.

It can be a pretty good resource

Return to Top
#965400 - 05/27/08 06:51 PM Re: Bank Intranet GSB Training
FraudBuster Offline
100 Club
Indiana
The bank I was at had a lot of good stuff on its intranet, including downloadable files of all the policies and procedures, as well as a phone directory of all employees.

Something they offered but didn't push as hard as I would have was for every department to have its own page on the intranet. The departments that took advantage of the opportunity were able to decide what kind of info would be helpful, from their point of view. For example, is the Warehouse full of surplus office furniture that has been depreciated to zero value? Advertise it for sale on the intranet! Does Security want to recognize tellers who spotted fraudulent transactions? Post their pictures on the intranet! Is HR offering a series of optional classes? Post the schedule on the intranet! Better yet, set up a form so people can actually register on the intranet!

I think if you "prime the pump" with a few such ideas, creative thinkers within each department will be off and running in no time, and by this time next year, you'll wonder how your bank did without an intranet for so long.

Return to Top
#965407 - 05/27/08 07:03 PM Re: Bank Intranet FraudBuster
Passing storm Offline
100 Club
Here and Now
It was a little difficult at first to get people to check the intranet but they got used to it.

Return to Top
#965645 - 05/28/08 03:46 PM Re: Bank Intranet Passing storm
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
We don't have it at the bank I'm with now. In a past life, my bank had it and I thought it was great. In addition to what's already been mentioned we included the CRA public file.

Return to Top
#965695 - 05/28/08 04:37 PM Re: Bank Intranet OnTheEdge
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
Sharepoint files are great if you can use them. This allows you to build forms online and have your employees fill them out directly on the intranet. When they click submit, it generates an email to the appropriate person for further action. Good for IT work requests, customer account maintenance, authority increases, etc.

Return to Top
#965698 - 05/28/08 04:43 PM Re: Bank Intranet Milby
phantom Offline
New Poster
phantom
Virginia
Our bank also has space for each "major" department to showcase it's staff and primary functions - post forms unique to their areas, etc.

Rate sheets

Newsletter - quarterly

Corporate calendar

Training calendars and registration

Links to interesting/informative sites for retail/ops

Return to Top
#967472 - 06/02/08 03:11 PM Re: Bank Intranet GSB Training
Great River Offline
Iowa
Our intranet has policies and procedures, training modules, product info sheets, commonly used forms organized by department, document retention resources, and sign-up sheets for training sessions. Forms include expense reimbursement, time-off forms, and a myriad of personnel forms.

Basically, if it useful to more than a few people, the intranet is a great place to put it. The best part is commonly used forms. If the form is updated on the intranet, everyone accesses the most recent version when they pull it off of the intranet. This is opposed to someone saving it on their desktop or in a personal directory and then not updating it.

Return to Top
#969882 - 06/05/08 03:31 PM Re: Bank Intranet GSB Training
deepsouthdixie Offline
New Poster
Southeast USA
Good for you! It is a lot of info at first but like anything people will get used to going to the web for info.

Add contact numbers, descriptions of various depts, org charts, bank holidays, bank events, kudos to staff for performance, HR benefits info, employee bulletin board so they can post info, mail codes, branch info, training, etc.

the more the better as long as it's laid out logically and easy for you to locate info.

Hope this helps.

Return to Top
#970445 - 06/05/08 11:55 PM Re: Bank Intranet deepsouthdixie
J Hunt Offline
100 Club
Phoenix, AZ
Probably the best feature we have with our current intranet is the search functions - makes it that much easier to find the procedure, form or even person you are looking for.

Return to Top