Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#968138 - 06/03/08 03:31 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I believe all people inherently desire freedom. It is just that, if they and the culture they live in have never had freedom, they don't even know what that means.

That is why imposing democracy is impossible. It must be grown within each culture. Another reason why a cut and run in Iraq is exactly the wrong idea. US troops bring the stablizing force and rule of law necessary for democracy to grow. Look at post war Japan and Germany. If the US had pulled out of those countries after the war, there is no way democracy would have taken hold.

More likely both would have turned to Communism and the world would be a very different place today.

I wish the democrats could understand this, but Obama and far left know that the war was wrong and no good comes from keeping the troops over there.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#968149 - 06/03/08 03:36 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes straw
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the Cuban underground wanting democracy has come to Miami and the Keys, and are living their dream of independence.

Return to Top
#968165 - 06/03/08 03:43 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes B_F
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
And we have ICE sitting in our town!!!! Maybe miami is just too much for them

Return to Top
#968201 - 06/03/08 04:07 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Cubans are granted political asylum very quickly, while others who request asylum are strung along for years or decades.

THere is a high school valedictorian (sp?) from Armenia who requested asylum in 1992 (16 years ago so he was 1 or 2 years old) and the request has been denied and he is queued up to be deported.

Return to Top
#968206 - 06/03/08 04:16 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes straw
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I read that, so sad, maybe they don't want successful kids staying.

Return to Top
#968209 - 06/03/08 04:21 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Well he fits under the "what about illegal don't you understand" mantra that gets kicked around.

He might still have a chance with a program put in place for high achieving immigrants. Of course, I am sure that the program would only apply to him though and not his family (oh the irony).

Return to Top
#968252 - 06/03/08 04:42 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: kms
I read that, so sad, maybe they don't want successful kids staying.

They don't. The preferences under the current program are adults employed in high-tech or professional fields. The 'employed' part is literal, they don't mean 'employable'.

Return to Top
#968335 - 06/03/08 05:47 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: kms
Bugs you missed my hand holding and singing reply..

No I didn't. I saw it, but I make allowances 'cause you live in Iowa and you prob'ly can't help yourself.

Return to Top
#968367 - 06/03/08 06:00 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes buggs
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
LMAO not for much longer!!!!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2