Thread Options
#967757 - 06/02/08 08:54 PM Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63031

excerpts:

JERUSALEM – Israel should give up its nuclear weapons to ensure Iran halts its illicit nuclear program, argues an adviser on nuclear issues to Sen. Barack Obama.
The Obama adviser characterized Syria's nuclear program as "not amount[ing] to much. Begun almost 40 years ago, the Syrian program is a rudimentary research program built around a tiny 30-kilowatt research reactor that produces isotopes and neutrons."

"Syria does not have the financial, technical or industrial base to develop a serious nuclear program anytime in the foreseeable future."

Cirincione's assessment and his claims about false leaks to the media directly contradict a U.S. government briefing to select congressional committees last week on some details of the Sept. 6 Israeli airstrike.

The U.S. released video of the targeted Syrian building showing what the CIA said was a soon-to-be completed nuclear reactor similar to one in Yongbyon, 55 miles north of the North Korean capital, Pyongyang.

Also, the U.S. released photographs that show what appears to be the inside of the nuclear reactor and a picture of a Syrian official standing with a well-known nuclear engineer for the North Korean government.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#967763 - 06/02/08 08:56 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes TheManofSteel
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I won't say I disagree with this, but then again, I'd like to see the US and everyone else give up nukes too. Unfortunately, Israel is never going to give up nukes until they are absolutely positive that their enemies have already given theirs up and won't plan to build any. Oh wait, that's NEVER.

Return to Top
#967775 - 06/02/08 09:09 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
and Jimmy the worst President ever revealed to the world how many Israel has to destroy......................

Return to Top
#967826 - 06/02/08 09:48 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes Pale Rider
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Jimmy the worst has no real idea how many nukes Israel may or may not have.

He is just keying on an issue that the liberal elitists who identify with totalitarian regimes in the regime, rather than the only democracy there have been trying to use to justify Iran's nuclear program.

Return to Top
#967827 - 06/02/08 09:51 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes straw
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I believe we should give up all nukes after we have turned a couple places into parking lots. If you do it simultaniously there won't be anyone to fire back..

Return to Top
#967847 - 06/02/08 10:25 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: kms
I believe we should give up all nukes after we have turned a couple places into parking lots.

I hesitate to ask, but what places do you mean?

Return to Top
#967854 - 06/02/08 10:36 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes buggs
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
lmao hmmmmm lets start with iran, syria, iraq, Nkorea, that should scare pakistan and india enough to keep their nukes to themselves

Return to Top
#967868 - 06/02/08 11:05 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Well honestly, what does Israel need nukes for? Or any other weapons for that matter?

It's not like they need to protect themselvs from President Ahmapsychopath! [/sarcasm]

"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene,"

Return to Top
#967871 - 06/02/08 11:13 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes Bimmer
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Hey Bimmer maybe we get the whole world to hold hands and sing kumbay ya.

Return to Top
#967873 - 06/02/08 11:18 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Isn't that what Obama is going to do after he is elected?

Return to Top
#967876 - 06/02/08 11:36 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes straw
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Oh I thought if I started it, I could become president. I keep trying to get you all to vote for me!!

Return to Top
#967879 - 06/02/08 11:55 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: kms
Oh I thought if I started it, I could become president. I keep trying to get you all to vote for me!!

You better get started on that long, illustrious senatorial career. Experience doesn't just come out of the thin air.

Return to Top
#967880 - 06/02/08 11:57 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes GuitarDude
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
ahhh I was born for it!!!!!

Return to Top
#967977 - 06/03/08 01:58 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes straw
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I'm guessing you were joking, KMS, but I don't think turning other parts of the world into parking lots would solve anything.

Return to Top
#967979 - 06/03/08 02:00 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes buggs
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I was, I like to throw that in every now and then to hold up the war monger image you all have of me...

Return to Top
#967980 - 06/03/08 02:01 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes buggs
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny
I'm guessing you were joking, KMS, but I don't think turning other parts of the world into parking lots would solve anything.

Oh yeah, well tell that to all the people who have a frustrating time finding parking spots. sheesh

Return to Top
#967983 - 06/03/08 02:02 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes buggs
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Bugs you missed my hand holding and singing reply..

Return to Top
#968000 - 06/03/08 02:17 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes TheManofSteel
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Green Lantern
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny

Oh yeah, well tell that to all the people who have a frustrating time finding parking spots. sheesh

Yeah, but it's a really long walk from the middle east to their office buildings in New York.

Return to Top
#968046 - 06/03/08 02:52 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes B_F
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
But they would be great places for the rest of us left to sit and sing kumbaya....

Return to Top
#968069 - 06/03/08 03:00 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
All joking aside, there are too many people struggling for freedom in underground movements in Syria and Iran for turning to such measures. If we truly value human freedom and dignity, we must, and do, support these movements, not just wipeout entire populaces. To do so is to exist in a total ivory tower.

Return to Top
#968079 - 06/03/08 03:04 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes TheManofSteel
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
oh I know, I would only go to nukes as a last resort. I know our generation in Iran wants to become westenized. My ex's brother wrestles there every year and the people just love him and can't get enough of him. It is just finding the right way to help these movements along without, dare I say it, use of force

Return to Top
#968090 - 06/03/08 03:08 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
You know we are nearly 30 years into the Mullah's reign, and I have been hearing about an Iranian underground democracy movement for all of it. And it is always just around the corner.

It reminds me of Cuba and Castro. I wouldn't put to much stock in the underground movements in these countries.

Democratic movements where there is no prior history of democracy? I'll believe it when I see it.

Return to Top
#968094 - 06/03/08 03:09 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes straw
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Straw, I am sure they want it, but just don't know how or are scared to try for it.

Return to Top
#968108 - 06/03/08 03:14 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes kms
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Don't be so sure. That kind of thinking has caused great harm i.e. inter-war Germany.

Democracy does not always sprout up naturally, especially when there is no history of it. Look at today's Russia. They would vote in Putin for life tomorrow if they could and I would not hold him up as a paragon of democratic virtues.

Return to Top
#968117 - 06/03/08 03:21 PM Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes straw
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I see your point, I just feel bad for the people that want what we have but don't have the gusto to go for it.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2