Thread Options
#969092 - 06/04/08 02:50 PM Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#969094 - 06/04/08 02:51 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave TheManofSteel
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
The pastors who support both nominees need to shut up for awhile.

Return to Top
#969114 - 06/04/08 03:00 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave grmasterb
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
some adults are no better than whining kids. The whole presidential race was nothing more than a bunch of lying and whining idiots.
You really have no one to look up to anymore. The supreme office where the biggest lying, cheating, and crud takes place.

Return to Top
#969140 - 06/04/08 03:14 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave TheManofSteel
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Green Lantern
Nice freinds that Barack Obama surrounds himself with

I guess I am missing this, but I have yet to see how Barack and this priest are personally connected... can you enlighten me?

Return to Top
#969149 - 06/04/08 03:24 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave #Just Jay
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Over 300000.00 in donations count as personally connected?

Return to Top
#969151 - 06/04/08 03:26 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave Blade Scrapper
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
This one priest personally gave the big O over 300K!!

Wow... so much for the vow of poverty... and a few election campaign laws to boot!

Return to Top
#969156 - 06/04/08 03:31 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave #Just Jay
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Priests do not take vows of poverty, unless they belong to a religious order.

He likely solicitied parishoners and people who shared his views.

This particular priest was very active in fighting a number of social evils in his community, and in no way would I fault him for such, as struggling for jusitce and works of mercy are part of the call of any follower of Christ.; however, Catholic Priests are supposed to refrain from public endorsements of political candidates, and absolutely turn away from liberation theology in any form.

Return to Top
#969159 - 06/04/08 03:33 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave #Just Jay
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
This one priest personally gave the big O over 300K!!

Wow... so much for the vow of poverty... and a few election campaign laws to boot!

addition to giving $20,000 of his own money to Jeremiah Wright, as a state senator Obama directed $225,000 of the Illinois taxpayers' money for programs run by Father Pfleger. In the U.S. Senate, Obama earmarked $100,000 in federal tax money for Father Pfleger's work. Giving someone more than 300 grand is not just some tenuous, coincidental association.

Read More

Return to Top
#969168 - 06/04/08 03:41 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave Blade Scrapper
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Ok, so there is still no actual personal link between the two proven.

So we are essentially playing six degrees of seperation then.

That being the case, Bushy 2 and I are essentially bedfellows then since I gave money to his first presidential bid.

I never realized Bush and I were so close and connected... I wish I could have counseled him better

Return to Top
#969172 - 06/04/08 03:45 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave #Just Jay
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
so the war in iraq is your fault!!!!

Return to Top
#969173 - 06/04/08 03:45 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave #Just Jay
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I am amazed by Obama's amazing decision making though. Isn't that one of the main reasons posited to support Obama?

Return to Top
#969174 - 06/04/08 03:46 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave straw
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
are you for real?

Return to Top
#969179 - 06/04/08 03:48 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave kms
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I am just convinced that Obama's judgment and decision making is second to none. Just look how quickly he decided to quit the church after these diatribes were reported. Judgment like his only comes along once a generation. We would be remiss if we didn't acknowlege and take advantage of it.

Return to Top
#969186 - 06/04/08 03:53 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave kms
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: kms
so the war in iraq is your fault!!!!

I am starting to think that!

I would have advised him to have used more strength in Af. and not be afraid to forcefully deal with Pak. as well.

Return to Top
#969198 - 06/04/08 04:01 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave #Just Jay
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage

That being the case, Bushy 2 and I are essentially bedfellows then since I gave money to his first presidential bid.

I never realized Bush and I were so close and connected... I wish I could have counseled him better
did GWB secure personal earmarks for you? If so, then I would say you were connected.

Return to Top
#969201 - 06/04/08 04:03 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave Blade Scrapper
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
He just secured $600 for me!

Return to Top
#969204 - 06/04/08 04:04 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave Blade Scrapper
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Of course there is a far more direct and personal involvement between the great lord dramaramabamessiah and corrupt financier Tony Rezko, who helped him purchase their home.

Return to Top
#969210 - 06/04/08 04:10 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave straw
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: straw
I am just convinced that Obama's judgment and decision making is second to none. Just look how quickly he decided to quit the church after these diatribes were reported. Judgment like his only comes along once a generation. We would be remiss if we didn't acknowlege and take advantage of it.

Don't be so sarcastic Straw. AFter all, Obama has a wealth of experience in his 2.5 years as a U.S. Senator, and of course, he'll turn that 5% unemployment the U.S. has been experiencing up on it head, with a steam rolling economy filled with fair and impartial taxes on the collective.---->The Borg have nothing on the Dem Party, nothing

Return to Top
#969211 - 06/04/08 04:10 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave Blade Scrapper
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Well that I will not argue with.

Return to Top
#969219 - 06/04/08 04:18 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave TheManofSteel
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Originally Posted By: Green Lantern
AFter all, Obama has a wealth of experience in his 2.5 years as a U.S. Senator
2 of which he has spent fulfilling the great senatorial calling of running for president.

Return to Top
#969222 - 06/04/08 04:20 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave #Just Jay
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
straw, are you kidding me? How fast? When Wright was making all his America-hating sermons Hussein didn't denounce him at all. He spoke of the man like a father-figure.

Return to Top
#969227 - 06/04/08 04:26 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave iAutomate
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I am thinking he is being sarcastic but with straw youjust never know

Return to Top
#969229 - 06/04/08 04:28 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave kms
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
I think you're right, kms.

Return to Top
#969542 - 06/04/08 09:08 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave #Just Jay
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

from the Wall Street Journal

"A 2004 Chicago Sun-Times interview with Mr. Obama mentioned three men as his religious guides. One was Rev. Wright. Another was Father Michael Pfleger, the Louis Farrakhan ally whose recent remarks caused Mr. Obama to resign from Trinity, but for whose Chicago church Mr. Obama channeled at least $225,000 in grants as a state senator. Until recently, the priest was connected to the campaign, which flew him to Iowa to host an interfaith forum. Father Pfleger's testimony for the candidate has since been scrubbed from Mr. Obama's campaign Web site. A third mentor was Illinois state Senator James Meeks, another Chicago pastor who has generated controversy for mixing pulpit and politics."

Perhaps there is a personal connection between Obamasiah and this priest.

Return to Top
#969554 - 06/04/08 09:18 PM Re: Priest Who Mocked Clinton Put on Leave Blade Scrapper
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Smelly Cat
Of course there is a far more direct and personal involvement between the great lord dramaramabamessiah and corrupt financier Tony Rezko, who helped him purchase their home.

Rezko, guilty on 16 of 24 charges.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/rezko.trial.verdict.2.740375.html

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2