Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#971645 - 06/09/08 05:24 PM "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a failure?
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#971647 - 06/09/08 05:27 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
The current president of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, Chakib Khelil, has said that the cartel will make no new decision on production levels until its Sept. 9 meeting in Vienna.

Return to Top
#971648 - 06/09/08 05:28 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail Imagine
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
President-elect Obama declares that oil prices [b] will go down[b], and because he said it, it will happen.

Return to Top
#971652 - 06/09/08 05:32 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail HappyGilmore
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
And lo, the Obamessiah spoke, and the oil prices receeded.

Return to Top
#971653 - 06/09/08 05:32 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail HappyGilmore
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Wow, he reminds me of Chuck Norris... or Bob Barker...

Return to Top
#971661 - 06/09/08 05:38 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Imagine
The current president of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, Chakib Khelil, has said that the cartel will make no new decision on production levels until its Sept. 9 meeting in Vienna.

True, however, the Saudi's have pledged to go to work at finding a better answer.

Return to Top
#971671 - 06/09/08 05:45 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail B_F
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Big Bad Imperialist America bosses all of these nations around with its imperialist outlook and behavior, or so the far left hems and haws, but when the foreigners don't jump immediately to what big bad imperialist America wants when it wants it, then the far left cries about the foreigners and how big bad America didn't flex its muscle enough.
Last edited by Green Lantern; 06/09/08 05:46 PM.

Return to Top
#971673 - 06/09/08 05:45 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
So I'm supposed to feel confident knowing that they pledged to the notion of going to work to find a better answer, all while my gas is still going up. I'm supposed to be "OK" with the "it is going to get worse before it gets better" mentality?

Return to Top
#971693 - 06/09/08 05:55 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail Imagine
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
No you shouldn't which is why you should support a change in monetary policy that stops the aggressive credit posture, dollar over-supply and tax cuts to further stimulate the economy while the fed raises short term rates to and Treasure signals an end to the cheap dollar.

That will help break the backs of speculators in the commodities markets, of which oil is just one that is being bid up to historically high levels.

Return to Top
#971700 - 06/09/08 05:58 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Imagine
So I'm supposed to feel confident knowing that they pledged to the notion of going to work to find a better answer, all while my gas is still going up. I'm supposed to be "OK" with the "it is going to get worse before it gets better" mentality?

No, but you should recognize that when the President spoke to Saudi Arabia, they respected him, and took his "begging" to heart and pledged to work with the world economy to find an answer.

Liberals don't want us to drill for oil in our own backyard, or for that matter refine it. They don't want us to go to Iraq "for oil", and they don't want us to ask our allies for aid. They do, however, want immediate relief from high gas prices.

Return to Top
#971715 - 06/09/08 06:06 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
No, but you should recognize that when the President spoke to Saudi Arabia, they respected him, and took his "begging" to heart and pledged to work with the world economy to find an answer.

No, they politely rebuffed him with a subtle jab and stated things were just fine.

Bush's "begging" did not change their minds as they most likely were already concerned with what was happening in the market, they simply used to him to make a subtle point.

Return to Top
#971744 - 06/09/08 06:32 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail #Just Jay
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Wait why don't we just Take the oil from Iraq as payback for our presence there? Maybe President Elect Obama will accomplish this.

Return to Top
#971757 - 06/09/08 06:46 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail kms
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: kms
Wait why don't we just Take the oil from Iraq as payback for our presence there? Maybe President Elect Obama will accomplish this.

Maybe he will take them as parting gifts when, on his first day in office, he fulfills his promise to immediately pull us out of Iraq. Wait, we're still in Iraq?! I thought he said we were coming home when all the rest of the Democratics said if we elected them last time, we'd be out right away....

Return to Top
#971797 - 06/09/08 07:16 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail B_F
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
It could be like our"Thanks for playing" gift

Return to Top
#971800 - 06/09/08 07:18 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail straw
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: straw
No you shouldn't which is why you should support a change in monetary policy that stops the aggressive credit posture, dollar over-supply and tax cuts to further stimulate the economy while the fed raises short term rates to and Treasure signals an end to the cheap dollar.

That will help break the backs of speculators in the commodities markets, of which oil is just one that is being bid up to historically high levels.

Wait, this is one of the "changes" that Barak has not mentioned. So with all his "changes" his changes will not be affecting Neo.

Return to Top
#971929 - 06/09/08 08:44 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail Sound Tactic
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
No he will change corporate tax law to take a share of the oil companies' profits. That will stop the price of gas and oil from rising.

Return to Top
#971997 - 06/09/08 10:08 PM Re: "Begging" Saudi Arabia for aid with oil a fail straw
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
I say we just take the oil. We'll start with the idiot Chavez. That would be a weekend war.

Return to Top