Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#975791 - 06/16/08 04:36 PM Re: Congress, get off your gas, and drill! TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
yes

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#975799 - 06/16/08 04:46 PM Re: Congress, get off your gas, and drill! Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
That I am very much onboard with. That would be a beneficial use of government for stimulating the free markets to come up with the solutions to the problems with fossil fuel. This is not dissimilar to the idea I posted months ago for the federal and state governments to offer tax incentives to companies that set up employees to work from home that are able to, at least periodically. This would help stimulate the home-based technology sector, decrease medical costs over time due to decreased stress from miserable commutes, decrease fuel consumption and pollution, and give the audit industry a new set of regs/pols/procs to conduct periodic audits of, so that sector would also benefit over time.

Return to Top
#975807 - 06/16/08 04:55 PM Re: Congress, get off your gas, and drill! TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
good to see that we can agree on something. i dunno about the "home-based" gov't though (first i've heard of it. seems like there could be some merit but it also sounds like the "fat homer" simpson's episode where he has a drinking bird toy running the power plant).

Return to Top
#975823 - 06/16/08 05:10 PM Re: Congress, get off your gas, and drill! Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla
good to see that we can agree on something. i dunno about the "home-based" gov't though (first i've heard of it. seems like there could be some merit but it also sounds like the "fat homer" simpson's episode where he has a drinking bird toy running the power plant).

Hypotehtical at this point, but it makes sense that if we start to shift to a workforce that conducts alot of responsibilites from a home office, we would need the means of setting up processing functionality in addition to just laptops and printers, for various types of employment.

Return to Top
#975845 - 06/16/08 05:27 PM Re: Congress, get off your gas, and drill! Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla
straw, i can certainly admit that i was not considering the currency factor in oil pricing. no problems there. thanks for the education!

Somehow I think you will forget this lesson shortly though.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5