Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#974606 - 06/13/08 01:19 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari HappyGilmore
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
No, of course not, but yet again people here for some reason don't see a connection between the Middle East and terrorism. All I've received in the past is liberal gibberish about how you can't call all Arabs terrorists. I know that. I also know, as do you all, that you are most likely to find terrorists, or if it makes you feel better, individuals who would like to harm Americans and their interests either here or abroad, in Middle East countries. Isn't that a true statement?

But you're right, this isn't about terrorists directly. But, if they own the lease can they revoke tenants? Can they possible let some leases lapse and not renew? Can they then lease them to parties who follow their interests? That's were the danger is. All of a sudden there is a secure place to plan things. That is VERY paranoid of me, to be sure, but today we need to be paranoid. I saw a piece on CNN just last night that ONLY 5% OF CARGO COMING INTO THE UNITED STATES IS BEING SCREENED by Homeland Security. We aren't doing enough on that front, so I have no reason to believe we're screening the entities seeking the lease. We don't know who their uncles are or who they support. But, hey, it's money in someone's pocket, so who cares, right?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#974619 - 06/13/08 01:30 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari iAutomate
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Seems like a terrorist is getting pretty heady when he pays what the Chrysler building would cost per square foot just to have a place to plan things. Wouldn't a flop house somewhere draw a lot less attention?

Return to Top
#974621 - 06/13/08 01:34 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Jokerman
Seems like a terrorist is getting pretty heady when he pays what the Chrysler building would cost per square foot just to have a place to plan things. Wouldn't a flop house somewhere draw a lot less attention?

but that's just why the scheme is so diabolical: they will be expecting them to plan in a recently-purchased foreclosure slum...

Return to Top
#974625 - 06/13/08 01:36 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari Hated By Some
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
The plan is crazy! But is it crazy enough?

Return to Top
#974640 - 06/13/08 01:41 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari Jokerman
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
But don't you agree that there is at least the potential for some of the money made on the leases can get funneled to terrorists?

Return to Top
#974646 - 06/13/08 01:45 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari iAutomate
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
no. three cheers for bsa, ofac and the patriot act!

Return to Top
#974652 - 06/13/08 01:49 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari iAutomate
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: iAutomate
But don't you agree that there is at least the potential for some of the money made on the leases can get funneled to terrorists?

Of course the potential exists. That is why risks are managed, rather than thrown out altogether.

There is risk that any L/C that is financed for a Middle Eastern Org may contribute to terrorist finance...do we cease all trade finance witht he Middle East?

There is a risk that every FBO of a Middle Eastern Bank has ex-patriots sending wires home during the Hajj, with a portion going to charities that are fronts for terrorist orgs, unbenownst to the sender...does that mean we boot all FBO's from the Middle East?

Return to Top
#974658 - 06/13/08 01:54 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari TheManofSteel
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
I don't smoke because I might get cancer. I don't drink and drive because I might kill myself or others. I don't yell at my boss because I just might get fired. There are things you don't do because of the chance of consequence. This is on a personal level. What about the national level? Because in my estimation, terroism is a cancer of this earth.

Return to Top
#974799 - 06/13/08 03:38 PM Re: Greed, the Sale, and why America is disappeari iAutomate
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Time for the bunkers and tin foil hats I think. Only way to be truly safe.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3