Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#972759 - 06/10/08 10:24 PM Company-Specific Do-Not-Call List
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
We do not engage in outbound telemarketing but only call existing customers with an established business relationship on a limited basis (special promotions, or to convert an account to another product). Under the FCC rules, we must maintain an internal do-not-call list. How do other banks maintain this list? Who "owns" it? Each branch calls its own customers.

Does the Do Not Call policy need to be stand-alone (since it must be given out on demand)?

Return to Top
Marketing
#972887 - 06/11/08 01:13 PM Re: Company-Specific Do-Not-Call List Tarhe
Noah Wiseman Offline
100 Club
The Bank owns the list, not each branch owns its own. If a customer askes to be placed on this list, no branch can contact that customer.

Ours is maintained by one of the systems that we use, but we also are a larger bank. If we were going to do a calling campaign we have to run the list of people we want to call against the list of people we can not call and remove those names. I would think a smaller bank could maintain the list on excel, but that is up to the bank. If a branch wants to contact a customer or a list of customers they will have to make sure the customer is not on the do not call list. Of course that is only for soliciation purposes, you can contact a customer for a valid business purpose (nonsoliciation purpose) without checking the list.

We created a solicitation policy that covers do not call, junk fax and Can spam and then at the end we have a policy that we would give the customer if they ask. Also I cut and pasted the policy onto its own document so that a teller could just print the one page. It is a one page (more like half page) policy that says who we solicite from (which we only do customers), say who customers are such as established business relationship, people who have given written express permission, etc., then we say that customers are able to be put onto our do not call list and how long we have to add them to the list. By the way it is within 30 calender days. Also we say how long their name will stay on the list, which is permantly due to the change that was implemented late last year or early this year. We also say how the request can be made and the information we need to place them onto the list.

Return to Top
#975967 - 06/16/08 06:50 PM Re: Company-Specific Do-Not-Call List Tarhe
MoneyMaker Offline

100 Club
MoneyMaker
Atlanta, GA USA
As I understand it, a bank can call any business they want to without fear of the do not call list. It is consumers who have registered with the do not call group.
You can contact the do not call group and get those numbers listed in your zip codes...firt 5 are free...you can buy others. With the do not call list in hand you can screen those people or businesses you want to call and create your own telephone prospecting list.
I have several bank clients who are making business calls and winning new accounts...no problems.

Return to Top
#976287 - 06/17/08 01:03 PM Re: Company-Specific Do-Not-Call List MoneyMaker
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: Rick Wemmers
As I understand it, a bank can call any business they want to without fear of the do not call list. It is consumers who have registered with the do not call group.

I believe the prohibition is with the type of phone line you are calling, and not who is on the other end. It's residential vs. business phone lines. So, you'd need to be careful with someone who runs their business out of their home.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker