Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#978733 - 06/20/08 01:30 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive GuitarDude
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
No more rhyming now, I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

One of the BEST movies EVER!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#978973 - 06/20/08 04:09 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive B_F
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
The win itself was impressive, making birdie on the eighteenth twice to tie was very clutch. As far as playing through a little pain, he sort of made a statement that he is an athlete and not just a golfer. As someone who has accomplished everything else, I'm wouldn't be surprised if that aspect was in the back of his mind when he decided to play this tourney.

With that said, it is still just golf. Half of the field are lumpy fat guys. Guys that play in the NFL or NHL with junked-up knees are real warriors.

Return to Top
#978985 - 06/20/08 04:19 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive Bankster
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Yeah, it may be "just golf" but remember that he had to walk a course (no golf-carts allowed) that is 7200 yards for four days in a row. That is a total of at least 16 miles, and that is assuming he is walking straight from tee to pin, which of course he isn't.

Return to Top
#978993 - 06/20/08 04:23 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive GuitarDude
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Actually, I read that he walked 21 miles and the course was over 7600 yards.

I'm a Tiger fan.....so with him out for the rest of the season....why watch? There's noone like him.

Return to Top
#979007 - 06/20/08 04:27 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive GuitarDude
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
Yeah, it may be "just golf" but remember that he had to walk a course (no golf-carts allowed) that is 7200 yards for four days in a row. That is a total of at least 16 miles, and that is assuming he is walking straight from tee to pin, which of course he isn't.

I think the key word in there is WALK. If John Dailey and the Walrus, and legions of out-of-shape, drunk fans can walk these courses, I'm not that impressed.

Return to Top
#979015 - 06/20/08 04:31 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive Bankster
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Can you even compare John Daley to Tiger? And, and....I can do almost anything when I'm drunk.

Don't hate on Tiger.

Return to Top
#979022 - 06/20/08 04:34 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive BowlingQueen
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I'm not. I said the win was very, very impressive. I'm just saying, playing golf with a little pain is not the most courageous thing in the word, as many people are making it out to be.

Return to Top
#979025 - 06/20/08 04:37 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive BowlingQueen
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I'm not. I said the win was very, very impressive. I'm just saying, playing golf with a little pain is not the most courageous thing in the world, as many people are making it out to be.

Return to Top
#979030 - 06/20/08 04:45 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive Bankster
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
"Despite a torn anterior cruciate ligament and a double stress fracture, Woods managed to win a major that required five days of flinching, grimacing and a long list of spectacular shots that have defined his career."

I think that he was playing with way more than a "little" pain. Most other golfers would have withdrawn. You and I know it.

Return to Top
#979055 - 06/20/08 04:57 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive BowlingQueen
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Of course I know it, most other golfers would withdraw with a hang-nail.

Return to Top
#979061 - 06/20/08 04:58 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive Bankster
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
hahahahaha....you're so right.

Return to Top
#979065 - 06/20/08 05:01 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive BowlingQueen
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Last night, on the NFL Network, they talked about how this finally proved something that they had begun to suspect. Tiger is really a tough football player in disguise!

They lauded him for his toughness, and pointed out that in golf, you get paid only when you play, and win. They then showed NFL players who had played with broken bones, torn ACLs, etc., and then a few who lost entire seasons for minor injuries.

Return to Top
#979066 - 06/20/08 05:02 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive BowlingQueen
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
It doesn't change the fact that it was not a smart thing to do. Pain is there to tell us that something is wrong. It could have been something very, very wrong and possibly could have been career ending.

Return to Top
#979067 - 06/20/08 05:04 PM Re: Tiger's Victory was REALLY Impressive Snow Bunny
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Pooh (The Bear)
It doesn't change the fact that it was not a smart thing to do. Pain is there to tell us that something is wrong. It could have been something very, very wrong and possibly could have been career ending.

Tiger knew this, and toughed it out.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2